Last report on missing passengers

I guess they didnt do such a good hiding job then. Will be interesting to hear the rest of the story

Agree. That's why I read this thread- hoped it'd have an explaination from those Jamaican wannabes. It'd be interesting to see if they also cleared out their USA residence & bank accounts.

Many years ago before there were so many rules my dad took a cruise to Bermuda by himself... He didnt like the cruise at all and he travels very light so when they docked he simply walked off the ship and caught a cab to the airport and flew back to the US..

When he returned his Travel Agent was all over him.. I guess there were no penalties at the time and not sure how long the ships would wait for missing passengers but I am guessing they were not happy with him..

I think he would be in pretty hot water if he tried that today.

Ive never understood why exactly that matters? Could you explain? Is the Internet running out of space that a update news story cant make a new thread? I hadnt read the other 2 threads so i enjoy this one..

Because it's just so annoying to see repeated threads with exactly the same information over and over. The other threads have posted the 'they found them' update at least a dozen times. A quick look at that would have made this thread unnecessary. Oh wait. It already is. :rolleyes:

They may not have disembarked the ship illegally but they didn't enter the country legally.

And if you think they will go easy on them due to ignorance, think again. When you are in a foreign country, you need to know and follow their laws.

I would assume they disembarked illegally....since the ship was looking for them and didn't know where they were.

It was illegal as they were booked to the port of disembarkation .....and it is illegal to leave before without permission.

i dont know any of the particulars of this event, but you would think someone from the ship would've noticed passengers leaving the ship with all their stuff before the cruise ended?

Some people travel light--it may not have been obvious.

I have a rolling back pack and use it at ports. I've been asked numerous times, as I left for ports of call, "Are you taking everything? Are you coming back?" And I've had to show them that it's empty, waiting to buy souvenirs...

Because it's just so annoying to see repeated threads with exactly the same information over and over. The other threads have posted the 'they found them' update at least a dozen times. A quick look at that would have made this thread unnecessary. Oh wait. It already is. :rolleyes:

And you could have easily ignored the thread and not read it or Posted on it but you chose to do neither.

I have a rolling back pack and use it at ports. I've been asked numerous times, as I left for ports of call, "Are you taking everything? Are you coming back?" And I've had to show them that it's empty, waiting to buy souvenirs...

We live in Belize and took a cruise that visited Belize. We did big time shopping in Miami. When we were in Belize we unloaded 2 back packs full of our shopping and sent them home.

Try getting off the ship with a big rolling bag of scuba equipment and a backpack.

Thanks for the update. The other thread I initially read turned into an angry thread about "why or why not to visit ports in which you may or may not feel safe" instead of sticking to the fact that, at the time anyway, 3 people were missing! I wasn't interested in reading anymore of that. Glad to hear they are safe anyway!....and yeah, I'm sure Jamaican jails are a lot of fun.

Ive never understood why exactly that matters? Could you explain? Is the Internet running out of space that a update news story cant make a new thread? I hadnt read the other 2 threads so i enjoy this one..

I agree. Thank you to the OP for this thread. I did not want to go thru page after page of the other one to find out if they were found. Those that complain about things being posted over and over get a life and don't read them!

Is it so hard to skip threads you don't like? People like you make this place less friendly.

Just did that last month in Cozumel. Not a single question was asked. I had a giant dive bag and backpack.

When I was there last year, I actually got into an argument with a security guard about leaving the ship. First, he wanted me to get in the group with the ship's excursion and when I told him (twice) I wasn't on it, he kept asking what I was doing. I finally almost yelled at him that I was going diving on my own and walked to the gangway. That was on Carnival Legend.

When my boyfriend and I cruised together, other staff have jokingly questioned us if we were returning. His dive bag is an actual suitcase, so I guess we looked a bit more suspicious.

The funniest are the comments from other passengers, who can't figure out why we're getting off with all our luggage. ;)

When I was there last year, I actually got into an argument with a security guard about leaving the ship. First, he wanted me to get in the group with the ship's excursion and when I told him (twice) I wasn't on it, he kept asking what I was doing. I finally almost yelled at him that I was going diving on my own and walked to the gangway. That was on Carnival Legend.

When my boyfriend and I cruised together, other staff have jokingly questioned us if we were returning. His dive bag is an actual suitcase, so I guess we looked a bit more suspicious.

The funniest are the comments from other passengers, who can't figure out why we're getting off with all our luggage. ;)

That's when you smile and tell them politely that you have to take the bag because that is where the body's hidden!;)

Is it so hard to skip threads you don't like? People like you make this place less friendly.

I agree with you. Sometime I think some people say things just to say them. If I don't like something I just pass it up.

I haven't been on CC for awhile so it was news to me.

i guess so. they must travel extremely light

I know on a couple of port days for us we left the ship with large beach bags and back packs full of stuff for our day... if they travelled light it may not have been noticed...

You're right. I'm one of just a tiny, tiny handful of posters who make the occasional snarky comment. And I've never, ever read a snarky comment from ANYONE posting in this thread. So bash on, smug people, bash on, while I continue on my course to single handedly make this utterly inviting message board an intolerant place.

Oh wait....

Archived