Food off the ship

Chinprin

I know you are not allowed to bring food (non-packaged) off the ship into the islands/different countries, but what about Florida? Our first stop from NYC is cape canaveral and I was wondering that since it's still the US if I could bring my toddlers a sandwich or cheese and crackers to munch on while we are in port.

Pre-packaged sealed foods are usually okay in any port so you might want to pack some individual packages of cheese crackers or something similar. I don't mean what you "package" in a ziplock bag but what the store sells in individual shrink-wrapped package.

We always have granola bars with us in their sealed packages.

I know you are not allowed to bring food (non-packaged) off the ship into the islands/different countries, but what about Florida? Our first stop from NYC is cape canaveral and I was wondering that since it's still the US if I could bring my toddlers a sandwich or cheese and crackers to munch on while we are in port.

OUT of Luck!!

NO! On our last cruise departing NYC, I carefully assembled a nice sandwich from the buffet and put them in zip loc along with some cookies. After seeing a similar $50,000 WARNING sign while walking into Port Canaveral (like the one above) I asked the nice port officer if our packaged lunch was ok. He promptly gave us a stern look and made us toss everything into the garbage :D

I WOULD NOT suggest keeping quiet next time and playing innocent if caught :rolleyes:

My guess is the port authority would rather play safe and lazy rather then waste time interrogating passengers on the ingredients in their sandwiches.:p

Archived