Has anyone book an inside room for the first time and

Izzybeff

regretted it?

I'm trying to decide what I want to book for our upcoming cruise. I've had two oceanviews and two balcony rooms. OV isn't an option on Epic.. Dh would like to try an inside, I'd like to stick with a balcony.

OV and balcony's are nice, however insides aren't so bad. You'll be on the boat. Actually the only thing I don't like about insides, (been in more of those tban anyother) is it's really dark and you don't know when it's morning. Other than that, they're fine.

The only balcony I've had was on the Epic. Loved the balcony, however, spent very little time on it. Not enough to say it was really worth the price difference. (Glad I did it anyway:D)

Have had two inside cabins out of 20 cruises. Best sleep ever because it was so dark.

I just make sure to bring a light up clock so I know what time it is all the time.

I'd always prefer a balcony but it would also depend on where I was sailing. If ut was to the Caribbean, an inside wouldn't bother me- there is not a lot to see from a balcony.

But for Alaska, Europe or more exotic itineraries, I'd absolutely go for a balcony. We spent much much time on the balcony looking at whales (Alaska) and other beautiful sights.

To answer the first question, there are some that would agree.

There are also many that book an inside on every cruise and are very happy with it. They have more money to drinks, excursions and more cruises. We met some people on a 19 day cruise that go 3-4 times a year and always do an inside.

I have had both types of cabins, yes the inside is the best for sleeping. Having the balcony the room isn't in complete darkness especially sunrise. I didn't mind the inside cause I wasn't in the cabin much. But when I went to berumda and we were in port for 3 days I loved the balcony. I would sit out there as much as ai can. I am an early riser so I would have my coffee on the balcony.

I had all three types. For cost issue the inside is fine. Especially if you don't plan on being in the room. Balcony is great too,especially if there is a smoker among you. Also, nice to have breakfeast on. So, I guess it is up to your preference. Try it!

regretted it?

I'm trying to decide what I want to book for our upcoming cruise. I've had two oceanviews and two balcony rooms. OV isn't an option on Epic.. Dh would like to try an inside, I'd like to stick with a balcony.

Our first two cruises were on Carnival in insides. They were fine. They were nice and spacious, and very easy to sleep. Our next cruise we did an oceanview on the Jade. Small, but ok.

Our last cruise was an inside on the Star. ICK!!! It was so small, I had to crawl from the foot of the bed to get in and out of bed, and hit my head on the overhead bunk at least a dozen times that week. And the only seating in the room was a single stool.

Would I do an inside again? Yes on any other cruise line. On NCL? I'll give a big maybe. Never say never. Likely? Not highly, not unless it is inside or don't take the cruise.

I would also point out on the Epic, that folks complain a lot about lack of outdoor areas. Should I sail the Epic, I sincerely doubt I would consider less than a balcony, but then again I say, never say never?

It totally depends on the individual ... :)

We've tried insides, atrium-views, oceanviews, and balconies ... and although DH didn't mind the *no-daylight* cabins ... I definitely did not care for them at all ... not even for our 1-night CTN ;)

Our first two cruises were in insides and we did not regret it at all. Yes, they were small, but the itinerary in each case was also port intensive so we were barely ever in the room. It was worth having that extra money to spend on excursions and other vacation treats!

I've HATED the times I've sailed in an inside cabins. I've only done them for 2 short cruises (thankfully), but not having a window made being in the cabin unbearable. Even when it was time to go to bed, I just felt very claustrophobic not having a window. For me, a window stateroom is the bare minimum. If the window stateroom is too expensive, I'm not cruising.

If I want to spend a week in a windowless closet, I don't need to go on a cruise. I can do that right at home and it will be much cheaper! :o

regretted it?

We usually book cheapest OV but twice our budget has limited us to an Inside cabin. We'd book that again if on tight budget. To us the only drawback was that we missed morning daylight.

We don't spend time in our cabin during the day so the darkness and no window was no problem. But if you spend daytime in your cabin to read or watch tv, you won't like an inside cabin probably.

We left the bathroom light on at night so that the light shining under the door made it easier to navigate to the bathroom in the middle of the night.

You might want a flashlight instead.

I would not sail in an inside. As for sleeping in the dark, it's just as dark in a balcony cabin when you pull the drapes and go to sleep.

You must have never slept in a inside :).

I'm OK with inside, DW is not. Too dark - so it is nothing but balcony for us but if I would have to save some $$$'s to go on a cruise, I would book one in a heartbeat.

We've done 4 cruises so far, 1 balcony and 3 inside (we have another inside coming up).

We are hardly ever in our rooms so it doesn't matter much to us. We save alot of cash on the inside, in fact, the one time we booked a balcony was because there was no price difference (go figure!). I really loved the balcony and would prefer it as we like to hear the ocean water - but to me just being on the cruise is reward enough! I can't remember not enjoying a day on one of my cruises - even in that little cramped inside stateroom!

Always had an inside cabin until our alaska cruise. we actually like an inside; great for sleeping. we don't spend alot of time in the cabin, so an inside works fine for us.

DITTO....but the extra light you get with lets say an obstructed oceanview is

worth it:D

I did an inside for my three night cruise on the Norwegian Sky... was cramped, yes (we were three adults), but for a three night, active cruise... it was no problem!

Did my second inside with a friend for 9 nights on a P&O ship... would not do that again, because for a slower, more relaxed 9 night voyage, I really did miss my oceanview.

I'd say do the balcony- it's worth it, being able to wake up and open the curtain to a view of where you are!

The inside cabins can be such a savings on some cruises that we cannot ignore them.

NY to Bermuda can be really rough so an inside makes a lot of sense. No disappointment if one can't make use of the balcony.

A 7 day Caribbean cruise with a balcony VS a 10, 11 day cruise inside? I pick the longer cruise.

Visiting completely new scenic locales and the balcony pricing is good? Yes, take the balcony to see the sights for early morning coffee and late night star gazing. We may not be out there for evening sailaways as the "action" is on the pool deck with 360 views.

Many people swear by the balconies for Alaska cruises but we were so happy to be up on top and out on the open deck for the inside passage. We would have missed some whale and sea lion sightings if we were in a balcony on one side. Not to mention the waterfalls, eagles and occassional house.

Archived