Sea Witch. Polite?? Official??

EdmPair

I was just looking at picts of Princess ships and one showed the logo on the funnel and called it the Sea Witch. I have heard it before but wonder if Princess calls the blue haired wind swept woman by that name? Or is it considered a bit 'off' to say?

I was just looking at picts of Princess ships and one showed the logo on the funnel and called it the Sea Witch. I have heard it before but wonder if Princess calls the blue haired wind swept woman by that name? Or is it considered a bit 'off' to say?

That is what she's always been called, nothing wrong with the name, ever since she replaced the previous logo which was a sombrero.

One of my favorite pictures ever was the picture of a closeup of the sea witch taken with my new zoom camera and when I looked a man was on the logo washing her hair with a scrub brush! I put it in for the Captains Circle picture award but I guess they were not as impressed. Better the sea witch than wetter sea ----- Oh MY BAD. :o

Funny that she's NOT a princess, don't you think? Would be a much better fit for the brand, for a number of reasons...

Who says that she can't be a sea witch AND a princess?!?! :D

The logo has a nautical connection - makes sense to me as a branding exercise and I don't think the "sea witch" is anything more than a play on old seafaring folklore if you are worried about wiccan or neopagan connections with the management of Princess.

I know it is not the only or the best translation, but I think of the mother of Grendal in the story of Beowulf as the 'sea witch'. Now that is a tough mommy image to shake off or to use to sell vacations.

Archived