Global Entry

Benita

To participate in the TSA's Trusted Traveler program you need to have received Global Entry status. If your airline participates in the TSA's Trusted Traveler program and you filled out you airline profile information, stating your GE information then you should be eligible.

The airline will put a scan bar code on your boarding pass. When you get to the TSA line, there should be a separate TSA agent who will scan you boarding pass to determine if you can utilize the faster TSA process.

Who gets selected is totally done by random selection. On my last trip I got the go ahead but my wife did not, so we both went through the normal TSA process. Other times neither of us has been selected and sometimes both of us. Random Selection.

At some airports, the TSA agent after checking your boarding pass and finding you not eligible will direct you to the front of the line for normal TSA check out but not always.

Thanks for the additonal information. Joanna

To participate in the TSA's Trusted Traveler program you need to have received Global Entry status. If your airline participates in the TSA's Trusted Traveler program and you filled out you airline profile information, stating your GE information then you should be eligible.

The airline will put a scan bar code on your boarding pass. When you get to the TSA line, there should be a separate TSA agent who will scan you boarding pass to determine if you can utilize the faster TSA process.

Who gets selected is totally done by random selection. On my last trip I got the go ahead but my wife did not, so we both went through the normal TSA process. Other times neither of us has been selected and sometimes both of us. Random Selection.

At some airports, the TSA agent after checking your boarding pass and finding you not eligible will direct you to the front of the line for normal TSA check out but not always.

We have a winner !! 100% correct.

Very random and very inconsistent. Have a 50% success ratio. Last month even got a 000 on my BP -- meaning I was a special person and had a very full screening.

PaulMCO and doubledobles -- Thanks for the PHX information! We will now investigate GE further.

doubledobles -- When you get your appointment with the actual site of the PHX office, would you please post again to let us know where it is in the airport and days/times for the interview? This office is still not listed on the GE site with their days of the week or times and we will have to drive down from Prescott for the interview.

Thanks again for the information.

Billie

Will do, Mountain Grandma. I have been researching but without luck. One person told me you have to go to Nogales for the interview but he did his interview a year ago. Hopefully, an interview office has opened at Sky Harbor. I will post the information when I find out.

Hi,

Must have been another one - we weren't on Marina last October.

LAexNY- Many thanks to you and others for the background and insights. The program is appealing because we fly out of LGA, JFK and MIA frequently. My companion of lo these many years--whose Navajo name is She Who Must Be Obeyed (really, no kidding, and she doesn't belong to that tribe)--also spotted your reservation on the upcoming Riviera January 13th cruise.That will be our first O cruise. She also noted your devotion to only a few cruise lines, Oceania prominent among them. She wonders if you could amplify your focused enthusiasm. You can reach her at callelaufer@aol.com. I'll just read over her shoulder. I have certain apprehensions about big ships--1200 pax is nearly three times the size of the largest Seabourn ships, on which we've sailed a few times. That size is a bit intimidating to me, though I admit the loyalty and satisfaction expressed here are reassuring. My companion finds the larger size potentially highly attractive--more restaurants,more lounges, more everything to explore aboard.

Thanks in advance.

PaulMCO and doubledobles -- Thanks for the PHX information! We will now investigate GE further.

doubledobles -- When you get your appointment with the actual site of the PHX office, would you please post again to let us know where it is in the airport and days/times for the interview? This office is still not listed on the GE site with their days of the week or times and we will have to drive down from Prescott for the interview.

Thanks again for the information.

Billie

I just got approved by GE (it only took 5 days) and am to schedule my interview in Phoenix. The address at Sky Harbor is 3002 E. Old Tower Road near the Sky Harbor Airport. Phone is 602 393-4440 x 154. No driving to Nogales, thank heaven!

There are many more offices then listed on the GOES site and after approval, they are sent to you when you login at that site.

If anyone wants to know where to go, I have printed out the list and can help.

I just got approved by GE (it only took 5 days) and am to schedule my interview in Phoenix. The address at Sky Harbor is 3002 E. Old Tower Road near the Sky Harbor Airport. Phone is 602 393-4440 x 154. No driving to Nogales, thank heaven!

There are many more offices then listed on the GOES site and after approval, they are sent to you when you login at that site.

If anyone wants to know where to go, I have printed out the list and can help.

Thanks so much -- do you know the days/hours that you can schedule the interview? Since it only took 5 days for you, we may try to squeeze this in for our trip to London on September 9 and returning on October 16. Thanks again for the info.

Billie

Thanks so much -- do you know the days/hours that you can schedule the interview? Since it only took 5 days for you, we may try to squeeze this in for our trip to London on September 9 and returning on October 16. Thanks again for the info.

Billie

I don't have the hours at this time. Am still waiting for my husband's approval before I attempt to schedule an interview on their site. But, since it's government, I don't think they start working before 9 a.m. When I find out, I will post it.

I don't have the hours at this time. Am still waiting for my husband's approval before I attempt to schedule an interview on their site. But, since it's government, I don't think they start working before 9 a.m. When I find out, I will post it.

We're in the same boat, Naomi. I'm approved but Stan's is taking forever.

I'll bet he regrets all those pinochle games with the Rosenbergs now. :rolleyes:

We got our GE passports last month. The entire process took less than a month from form submission (online) to interview to receiving identification cards. We live in Sarasota, Florida and went to Orlando International for the interview, fingerprinting and photo. A small sticker was placed on the back of our passports and I believe we were activated immediately. Other than being an official document you don't need to present the card when re-entering the United States. When you go to the kiosk for GE members you swipe your passport and put your fingers on the glass plate. The system identifies you and asks you to respond to the same questions that you've historically completed on the blue rectangular form that's passed out on incoming flights. It was recommended to us by a TSA agent that we complete those forms individually although they are normally filled out one per family. The TSA agent said it is possible the kiosk might only recognize one of the two of you (I'm thinking spouse or significant other) and then the person not recognized would have to go through the normal immigration line although they would have the opportunity to go to the front of the line.

We recently were at Tampa International Airport and learned that Delta recognizes the GE as a pre-check provided you are a Delta Frequent Flyer with a profile in the Delta system that includes your GE Passport number. We get to try it out next month when we do the Accent On Italy Cruise on the Riviera! Other airlines are soon to follow. Finally, we get to keep our shoes and belts on!

We're in the same boat, Naomi. I'm approved but Stan's is taking forever.

I'll bet he regrets all those pinochle games with the Rosenbergs now. :rolleyes:

Finally, we get to keep our shoes and belts on!

So you hope :)

See post #49 above. At the present it is somewhat of a lottery at best as to who will get to keep their shoes on and who does not despite having al the "qualifications" :(

The TSA privileges are only for domestic flights and according to the web site are for Delta and American Airline flights, although United will soon follow. Only certain airports have this - Miami and JFK are among the two, Ft. Lauderdale not yet. I went on the AA and Delta websites and logged in and there is a place to put the GE ID number. Supposedly, when you print out your boarding pass, it will have this info and you may get lucky and get a special line or at least the "keep your shoes on" privilege.

Our main interest in getting the GE has always been for use upon reentry to the USA. A delay on the incoming flight from overseas combined with hundreds, if not thousands, trying to get through immigration, and a tight connecting flight (due to the flight delay) were the main reasons for getting the pass. All else is a "perk".

So you hope :)

See post #49 above. At the present it is somewhat of a lottery at best as to who will get to keep their shoes on and who does not despite having al the "qualifications" :(

Having just been to Tampa International on Sunday I can confirm that Delta has it set up as well.

The TSA privileges are only for domestic flights and according to the web site are for Delta and American Airline flights, although United will soon follow. Only certain airports have this - Miami and JFK are among the two, Ft. Lauderdale not yet. I went on the AA and Delta websites and logged in and there is a place to put the GE ID number. Supposedly, when you print out your boarding pass, it will have this info and you may get lucky and get a special line or at least the "keep your shoes on" privilege.

I just got off the phone with the Global Entry Interview office, and am still in shock that they actually returned my call.

Yesterday I posted, on this site, that their office was located on Tower Road. Today, while talking to the young lady who interviews applicants, I found out that they opened a new interview office in Terminal 4 near exit 6. Those of you who live in Phoenix will know what I'm talking about.

there is no office at the SD airport!! I don't really want to go up to LA to have the interview!! Maybe I'll time a trip to Vegas to have it done there! :p Would be much more fun!! LuAnn

Just set aside $100 for the fee :D

there is no office at the SD airport!! I don't really want to go up to LA to have the interview!! Maybe I'll time a trip to Vegas to have it done there! :p Would be much more fun!! LuAnn

LuAnn - Jody and I went down to San Francisco to get our fingerprints and pictures taken. Since we got our GOES we have used it twice, and it has been fantastic...no line, use the kiosk, no need to fill out the paperwork they give you on the plane, and you are threw Immigration in no time at all. If you can schedule the interview on one of your trips somewhere i would recommend it.

LuAnn,

Check the GE website and your find there is a GE interview office at the immigation office at the San Ysidro crossing. Thats is the crossing south of Brown Field, we had our interview at that location.

LuAnn,

Check the GE website and your find there is a GE interview office at the immigation office at the San Ysidro crossing. Thats is the crossing south of Brown Field, we had our interview at that location.

Are you guys by any chance related to that girl who is so "Popular"?

LuAnn,

Totally missed that on the website! Will fill out the apps today!! Thank you SO much!! :D LuAnn

JimandStan....

We get that question often since our daughter-in-law's first name is Kristen but not the same one.

Greg

The same name....really?

I mean, what are the odds?

I did Google that Broadway actress, to see what her parents names were, before asking you, but somebody is protecting their privacy like crazy!

Anyway, I'll bet that your daughter in law gets good tables in restaurants! :rolleyes:

Here are the locations:

http://www.globalentry.gov/locations.html

Found this thread & spouse & I are planning on applying...only catch is our next trip begins Labor Day and we live about 4 hrs from the nearest interview point...we might be waiting until our following trip!

Found this list of GE interview offices on the GE website (by searching - didn't see in click & browsing), with hours & phone numbers.

Note:although this lists offices in addition to those at airports (for example, Atlanta and NYC), it does *not* list the San Ysidro office that grchenowith notes in post #70 above. Not sure if this is a GE vs. Sentri issue, or simply a difference between real time activity and updating the list? Here is the link to the Sentri offices (where the San Ysidro office does appear).

Thanks once again for the impressive collective wisdom here :)

Archived