Nite walks

DUVAL009

Some rooms are so elegant but the photo is cluttered by people. I can take time and set up the shop in a mostly vacant boat. Not always up late or up early but when I have been, not the only one. It is never fully deserted. And staff are doing cleaning tasks which make noise or such.

I walk the ship late at night, like aftr 2-3am expecially outside, i walk all the decks outside. I take several laps. Love the feeling of the wind under my kilt.;). And nobody around to witness it.. LOL.

I walk the ship late at night, like aftr 2-3am expecially outside, i walk all the decks outside. I take several laps. Love the feeling of the wind under my kilt.;). And nobody around to witness it.. LOL.

Sounds like your crusing.......:D

It's actually kinda cool! It's really quiet and peaceful! We went on the top deck of our last cruise and there was a lightning storm miles away. I brought my iPod, listened to some music and it ended up being a beautiful light show!

On our Alaska cruise I took some benadryl for a rash I saw and then went to dinner and had a couple of glasses of wine... needless to say I did not make it to the end of dinner and my partner took me to the cabin and I was asleep before 9 pm. I woke up at 4 am and was wide awake so got dressed and roamed the empty ship which was very cool to do. Other than a few strays in the Lido buffet I did not see anyone around.

The bow of the ship (HAL's Amsterdam) was open and I was out there as we were sailing past little islands while approaching Sitka. There were foggy patches and it started getting light, it was so magical. I heard a snorting kinda sound and could not figure out what it was until I looked overboard and saw a whale up close to the ship and what I heard was it's breathing through the blowhole.

It was one of the greatest mornings on a cruise ship :)

Love taking night walks. My partner and I will usually take one before going back to the cabin. I get him all tucked in for the evening while trying to go to sleep myself. After a few hours, I'm up in search of tea and a place to smoke, usually about 0400. Love the quiet, sound of the sea, no people other than the crew cleaning and recalling the events of the previous day (and trying to remember how many martinis I consumed :D). It's a feeling being isolated but yet not so isolated. Hard to explain.

On the older ships I was on (going back to the early 1970's) the Promenade Deck was a wonderful deck for fresh air no matter the climate....teh ships for the most part back then were OCEANLINERS.

One of my all time favorite evenings onboard was on the Rotterdam V - at the forward area of the Promenade Deck was a plaque stating that some Earl or Prince had raced around the deck in full evening clothes in so many minutes - well a few of us decided to recreate the race -great fun at the end of the evening....our tuxedos & shoes were trashed & it was dawn when we decided to give up(there wasn't any champagne left)!!!!

These days its usually a few laps above the pool deck....still faboo!

cruising? what do you mean by that?

O David are you pulling my chain?

Cruising

From Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

Jump to: navigation, search

Cruising may mean:

• Cruising (driving), driving around for social purposes, especially by teenagers

• Cruise (flight), in aviation

• Cruising (maritime), leisurely travel by boat, yacht, or cruise ship

• Cruising for sex, the process of searching in public places for sexual partners, especially by gay men

o Cruising (film), a 1980 film starring Al Pacino

o Cruising (novel), the 1970 novel upon which the 1980 film is based

• Cruising, a motor milestone for infants where they can walk by holding onto something and they make the transition to being a toddler

I often enjoy a stroll up on deck after second-seating dinner, when I'm usually too full to go right to bed or just sit around, or sit in a theatre venue. Many times there are very few people on the pool deck or walking about, and the ships are so pretty at night with the lights against the dark backdrop of the ocean. Central Park on Oasis was a great quiet spot "after hours" even though it wasn't really all that late, say 10:30 p.m.

O David are you pulling my chain?

Cruising

From Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

Jump to: navigation, search

Cruising may mean:

• Cruising (driving), driving around for social purposes, especially by teenagers

• Cruise (flight), in aviation

• Cruising (maritime), leisurely travel by boat, yacht, or cruise ship

• Cruising for sex, the process of searching in public places for sexual partners, especially by gay men

o Cruising (film), a 1980 film starring Al Pacino

o Cruising (novel), the 1970 novel upon which the 1980 film is based

• Cruising, a motor milestone for infants where they can walk by holding onto something and they make the transition to being a toddler

I havent been that "lucky" yet.. The hours I walk around the ship there is most likely nobody else around. I just like the feeling of being outside like that on a ship. Maybie I will get lucky on my upcomming cruise:rolleyes::D

Has anyone ever walked a ship very late at nite when everyone is in bed and how was the feel of the ship,any differences

There's been a few times on the QM2 really late(after 2:30AM)That I've wandered about. the ship is never totally deserted. There's always a few in the bars, the Lido(yeah, me enough times)and just wandering around. Still really quite desolate, though.

I havent been that "lucky" yet.. The hours I walk around the ship there is most likely nobody else around. I just like the feeling of being outside like that on a ship. Maybie I will get lucky on my upcomming cruise:rolleyes::D

Maybe...I noticed 2 smiles in your signature on 2 cruises you took. Does that mean you got "lucky"?

[/color]

Maybe...I noticed 2 smiles in your signature on 2 cruises you took. Does that mean you got "lucky"?

No.. The 17 day cruise had a bunch on old people on it. I was the "youngest" passenger. No luck there.. Smiley was because It was 17 days and had the gym to myself most of time. The other one with a smiley was because I had a upgrade from a OV to a Grand Suite for nothing and the ship was "non smoking"...

A couple of cruises back, I found myself jet lagged and wide awake about four in the morning, so I went for a walk on an upper deck. The bow was completely deserted except for a woman dressed completely in black, wearing a black head scarf. She was leaning so far over the rail that at first I thought she was intending to jump. I was about to run and grab her, but then I saw her throw a container overboard. Then she turned around and saw me.

Our eyes met as she raced past me and disappeared. I like to think that she had thrown over the ashes of someone she loved, but who knows?

in my youth, we would be up all nite long & watch the sunrise...still dressed in formal clothes from the nite before...and we usually weren't alone...I wonder if there are still people / evenings like that still happening onboard????
We did that as recently as 2006 on QE2...although, with a Norway cruise, the sun rose earlier. Did feel a tad decadent to be in my dinner jacket as people were hitting the Lido for breakfast. Had many experiences like that on Crystal, too. And one on a Princess ship where I did end up in the hot tub in my evening clothes.:eek: Lately, I've been more likely to get up early and walk my laps on deck. Nice and peaceful, and an amazing way to watch the sun rise.

Andrew

No.. The 17 day cruise had a bunch on old people on it. I was the "youngest" passenger. No luck there.. Smiley was because It was 17 days and had the gym to myself most of time. The other one with a smiley was because I had a upgrade from a OV to a Grand Suite for nothing and the ship was "non smoking"...

Big smiles from me on your upgrade. What did you expect on a 17 day cruise. I find on long than 7 day cruises the people get older and older. They are the only ones who have the time and $$$. Try a B2b the next time and the passanger will be younger and maybe you will come home lucky.

Big smiles from me on your upgrade. What did you expect on a 17 day cruise. I find on long than 7 day cruises the people get older and older. They are the only ones who have the time and $$$. Try a B2b the next time and the passanger will be younger and maybe you will come home lucky.

Well.. Who is to complain when the price it right...:D. before this 17 day cruise ive never been through the Panama Canal and one way from Miami to SF is a good deal for 500.00 and 300.00 dollar flight back to Atlanta.. I also had a good sized OV cabin on main deck. Ship only had about 1800 pax. I dont care for west coast ports.. Alcopulco was nice.. But water not clear and allot colder then what im used to... Old people or not.. I enjoyed it..

I'm frequently up before 6 a.m. to walk. I hardly ever stay up late anymore. On our cruise to the Panama Canal, however, we did stay up to watch a lunar eclipse around 1:30 a.m. There were lots of people doing the same thing.

I'm a late night person and have walked many a deck in the wee hours - but can't remember a time when I've been completely alone. There may only be a few of us, but always a few of us around and enjoying the serenity of the ocean at night. Full moons are great.

Archived