Labadee: Nellie's Beach Cabana review w/pics. Freedom August 2012

jkskrap

When you get off the ship, you just walk down the pier and through a building out onto Labadee. There, on your right, there is a spot where they park the golf cart transports. Just tell one of the drivers that you have a cabana on either Nellies or Barefoot beach. They drive you over to a spot where there is a guy with a clipboard. He tells the driver what cabana to take you to. It is pretty easy. After all, it is a vacation. It should be easy.

epcopres --

The Nellie's cabanas usually sell out quickly, but they should still show up as an excursion. They would just say something like, "see excursion desk on ship." The Barefoot Beach cabanas are for suite guests.

Hope you find them. Ours was a blast, for sure.

epcopres --

The Nellie's cabanas usually sell out quickly, but they should still show up as an excursion. They would just say something like, "see excursion desk on ship." The Barefoot Beach cabanas are for suite guests.

Hope you find them. Ours was a blast, for sure.

Thanks for posting these great pictures! I just booked an OTW for next April. So excited.

Karyn

• 2 months later...
I hate to admit it, but I never even noticed the beach cabanas. They must be fairly far back. Here is a pic I found that I THINK shows a beach cabana to the left of the red X (not the "umbrella" in the foreground, behind that). Hard to see.

Hopefully others out there will have some pics and info. Like I said, the beach wasn't super busy, so a beach cabana would probably be great. Not quite as private, of course.

labE2.jpg

Hi, I'm looking to find out the best area's for SHADE on Labadee. Due to a medical condition I need to stay out of the direct sun.

This pic shows these permanent "umbrellas". Are they plentiful or very sought after? Which beach are they on, Nellies?

I've reserved a cabana, but if I knew that I would have NO problem redily finding shade, I might cancel the cabana.

Thanks!

STAIRS TO THE WATER – RIGHT NEXT TO OUR CABANA

lab8.jpg

VIEWS FROM THE CABANA

lab7.jpg

labH.jpg

lab1.jpg

labE.jpg

Could you please tell me which beach the last pic is?

Also, had anybody asked the cabana boy to rearrange the sectional furniture inside the cabana? I've been looking to find ways to stay in the shade at Labadee and have just thought of asking to have the two loungers switched out with the inside furniture a bit. That way, I could lounge in the SHADE under roof! :cool:

That is Nellie's Beach.

Not sure the furniture inside is moveable. There is enough room to stretch out on the sofa.

Thanks, I'm surprised it's Nellies. Where are the cabanas in relation to that last pic, please? Does Nellies face N S E or W?

Thanks.

If you are standing in the middle of that beach pic looking out to the water, beach cabanas would be behind you, the other cabanas are ahead of you, to your left and right. I think the beach faces south to southwest.

Here's a picture of Nellies as looking from the ship... Barefoot is just out of the shot to the left.

OTW cabanas 5-10 are on the rocks right of center. Beach cabanas are just to the left of them, but "behind" the beach area.

DSC_0172.JPG

ETA: Here are some beach cabanas...

P1040952.JPG

Here is the view from the beach cabanas (I'm actually standing in front of the wall in the above picture)...

P1040951.JPG

Edited by S.A.M.J.R.

These are the best pictures I have seen posted on this site of Nellie's Beach. They give you a very good prospective of the layout of the area. We must have been there during high tide because we enjoyed #10 cabana, the one with the ramp that went down to the beach. the water was only about three feet away from the bottom of the ramp. In the pictures, it looks like it is low tide.

Here's a picture of Nellies as looking from the ship... Barefoot is just out of the shot to the left.

OTW cabanas 5-10 are on the rocks right of center. Beach cabanas are just to the left of them, but "behind" the beach area.

DSC_0172.JPG

ETA: Here are some beach cabanas...

P1040952.JPG

Here is the view from the beach cabanas (I'm actually standing in front of the wall in the above picture)...

P1040951.JPG

Is this a pretty good representation of how crowded Nellies would be on a one ship day? Wondering how "popular" the shaded areas would be. We have reserved a cabana just to be sure of shade, but to save that $$$ and be sure of plenty of free shade would be nice:cool:

Is this a pretty good representation of how crowded Nellies would be on a one ship day? Wondering how "popular" the shaded areas would be. We have reserved a cabana just to be sure of shade, but to save that $$$ and be sure of plenty of free shade would be nice:cool:

Sorry, I'd have to say that's not a good representation. The first picture (from the ship) was taken before we got off, so before the crowds got there. The last two pictures were when we were heading back to the ship and some of the crowds had left.

Since we spent all our time in the cabana (aside from the buffet) or the water in front of it, I can't give you an idea of how crowded it really is. Sorry.

going to put my 2 cents in. we did the Cabana in May and would do it again in a heartbeat. with 5,000 people at an island at once being in the cabana still made it feel like you had your own private island. anything you want the steward will get for you from snorkel gear waters drinks you name it. Booze you will have to pay for but the rest just ask. now if it comes down to money it look like everybody had a great time as we walked around so i assume not having one, you would be just fine. me being a foodie check out both buffets and they were about the same. not enough difference to make it a deciding factor.

Here is another picture from the other direction in early afternoon. We had cabana #3 and really liked the location. The only drawback was it had a ladder to get into the water which you figured out pretty quickly, but did make it a bit more difficult to get the floats in and out. I would definitely book that one again though.

IMG_3988.jpg

It was really nice to have our space and not be within the masses on the beach. Having said that, however, we did not really get to see much more than the beach area since we paid the $$ for the cabana. With the group we had it was well worth it. With a different group we will probably pass next time, but hey who knows!!

Is the snorkel gear free when you have a cabana?

We asked for 2 snorkel masks and they were provided within minutes, no charge. Can't say if we could have gotten more as we knew we didn't need them so didn't ask. We did need to sign a paper that we had them and knew the liability, but that was it.

We were on Freedom which I think pretty much always docks alone. The beach was never crowded. It just depends on the group, I guess.

If you get there early you will probably find some shady spots, but I doubt your will regret getting the cabana!

We were on Freedom which I think pretty much always docks alone. The beach was never crowded. It just depends on the group, I guess.

If you get there early you will probably find some shady spots, but I doubt your will regret getting the cabana!

Thanks!

Have sort of an odd question.

We are thinking of booking a Nellies Beach cabana, and are wondering which ones would receive the MOST sun? Not specific numbered cabanas, but location: the beach, hillside, or over-the-water? It seems like the over-the-water would just from looking at the pictures.

I realize most people get the cabanas because they want shade, which we will enjoy too, but we are sun lovers first and foremost!

Thanks,

Dan.