Birthday Cruise

Conisu

My friend and I are booked on the Nov 3rd cruise out of Charleston onboard the Carnival Fantasy. Both of us will be celebrating a birthday during the cruise. At the end of booking my travel agent said "Ok I have put you down for 2 birthday celebrations - one the second night and one the 4th night - one of these will be a formal night." So what does that entail? What are birthday celebrations? Someone sings happy birthday? LOL We are so excited about our trip. Our husbands were supposed to go but both backed out due to work issues - so we decided we were going without them!

Sadie is right. Remind your server that it is your birthday and they will bring you a slice of cake with a lighted candle on it and several of the waiters/waitresses will sing you happy birthday.

As the Maitre'd told me one year, "you will now hear happy birthday in 8 different dialects".

It was awesome!

I saw it once. The waiter, visibly in a hurry, brought a slice of cake with a candle and sang a b-day song. Everybody was staring at that table. It was awful.

My husband and I went to the buffet on the night of my birthday :rolleyes:

My husband ordered a cake (you can do this via the Bon Voyage dept on the ship and at some of the coffee shops on board that also sell pastries). He asked that it be delivered to our dining table the night of my birthday. Some of the waiters came over with the cake & lit candle and sang Happy Birthday to me. Yes, it was a bit embarrassing, but it was fun too. The cake was WONDERFUL!! and there was enough to share with others. One little boy a table down from us watch with big eyes during it all. We asked his mom is he could have some cake too, and she said yes. He was so excited to get "birthday cake".

Also my husband ordered a cabin decorations package ...

http://www.carnival.com/BonVoyage/Default.aspx

So when we boarded there were streamers, etc in the cabin. They stayed up all week. I've attached 3 photos of the decorations.

Now if he hadn't ordered anything, all he had to do was tell our waiter the night before and they would of put in a candle in whatever dessert I ordered and sang. The cruiselines don't do the FREE extras (full cakes etc) like they use to, but it is still fun.

Hope you both have a wonderful birthday cruise. What a great way to celebrate. We are doing that for my birthday again in Apr 2014.

Photos are from the Carnival Spirit.

BirthdayDecorations.jpg.a834efd6f091f7527fdee3eec955d18f.jpg

BalconyCabin6194.jpg.dc2fdb40e07ff7e52f3699ec73179fbe.jpg

BirthdayDecorations2.jpg.9f3e1a693fd96f4d44523d4e959101ac.jpg

I love to cruise as my birthday present. The servers will bring out a special dessert with a candle and sing to you if you haven't ordered a cake (trust me, the cake isn't needed) in addition to your normal dessert order. On our last cruise they insisted on doing it to me two nights in a row since twe were in a specialty restaurant for my birthday, lol.

Don't get your hopes or expectations up too high for fabulous birthday cakes and you won't be disappointed. It's rather dismal in comparison to what they used to do on the ships.

In any case, hope you both have Happy Birthdays and wonderful cruise.

Archived