10/11 day Caribbean Choices

DiploTraveler

I'm looking at the following two cruises. A couple different variables here, so it's a tough one. Both cost the same, but there's a difference in length and room cat. I'm leaning towards the Noordam because it's newer and a Verandah, but the extra day and intimacy of Maasdam is appealing. We've never been to any of the ports, so I'm not sure how to evaluate that part of the comparison.

10-DAY SOUTHERN CARIBBEAN SEAFARER

Noordam

Verandah

11-DAY SOUTHERN CARIBBEAN

Maasdam

Ocean-view

Opinions?

The Noordam also has an 11-day "Southern Caribbean Wayfarer" itinerary. Did none of those sailing dates work for you?

No, unfortunately not. We're trying to combine the cruise with our trip home (South FL) for the holidays... 2nd-3rd week of Dec.

That would be great option, though... we'd be able to get a verandah instead of ocean-view.

Thank you for all the comments.

We've been on Veendam and NA. We like the intimacy of the smaller ship, but the larger ones have the verandah rooms at a more affordable rate and we loved our balcony. This is a tough one, but it sounds like the consensus is with Maasdam. We just need to decide if we want to go back to ocean-view on A deck. Maybe I shouldn't have taken the upsell offer last time... Now we are spoiled!

The Noordam is the same class ship at the Zuiderdam so they would be about the same.

We have done this on the Maasdam and doing it on the Noordam in Jan 2013.

We do like the Maasdam because of the smaller size.

Thank you for all the comments.

We've been on Veendam and NA. We like the intimacy of the smaller ship, but the larger ones have the verandah rooms at a more affordable rate and we loved our balcony. This is a tough one, but it sounds like the consensus is with Maasdam. We just need to decide if we want to go back to ocean-view on A deck. Maybe I shouldn't have taken the upsell offer last time... Now we are spoiled!

I think having a balcony is the main factor for us - especially on a Caribbean cruise.

Price considerations notwithstanding we'll always go with the smaller ships. That's not to say the larger Vista and Signature ships aren't nice enough, we just prefer the R ad S class. Our last HAL cruise was on the Maasdam and it was fantastic.

Archived