Marriage Game, how does it work?

granni10

Who gets to play? How are the couples picked? How long do you have to be married? Do they ask embarassing questions? Why do couples do it? Is it fun to do? Does Carnival give good prizes to the winners?

Thanks

This show now takes the place of one of the main evening shows in the showroom. They pick 3 couples - one just married, one married around 25 years, and one married around 50 years. The CD picks whoever raises their hands, screams, jumps up and down, etc.- whoever he thinks will entertain the audience the most. I also had a friend who sent the CD a note the day before the show, volunteering to play (married 25 years) and they were picked. Yes, he asks some embarrassing questions - just like they did on the Newlywed Game on tv. It seems like fun to do - it is usually fun to watch! The 3 couples get a bottle of wine and a medal.

Some of the CD's pick the newly married, then will ask who has been married the longest, then pick the 3rd couple somewhere in the middle.

Some of the ??

When and where your first date.

You have not seen ugly untill you see my wife's__________

Whoopy has never been the same since you did it ________

When your hubby gets out of the shower he is A dump truck, A streach Limo or a VW with two flat tires.

And so forth.

We have been picked for the "old" married couple twice.

Some of the CD's pick the newly married, then will ask who has been married the longest, then pick the 3rd couple somewhere in the middle.

Some of the ??

When your hubby gets out of the shower he is A dump truck, A streach Limo or a VW with two flat tires.

And so forth.

This made me LOL! So looking forward to seeing this again in December :-)

I was on a HAL ship recently where the newlyweds who were picked had their parents in the audience. They were asked some very embarrassing questions and I felt terrible for them. If you have family/friends in the audience, think twice before you raise your hand. You might regret volunteering when you hear the questions!

I was on a HAL ship recently where the newlyweds who were picked had their parents in the audience. They were asked some very embarrassing questions and I felt terrible for them. If you have family/friends in the audience, think twice before you raise your hand. You might regret volunteering when you hear the questions!

That's what they get for going on their honeymoon with their parents.

DH and I went to this last Nov on the Ecstasy. The did it on one of the sea days in the late afternoon. I was hilarious, we had a great time.

They picked couples from the audience starting with newlyweds, they pick a couple who had been married 20 years, and another 50 years.

The questions that the previous poster posted were asked at the show. IMO you should go, it is a ton of fun!

Have watched this show on about 5-6 of our previous cruises...the answers have ALWAYS been the same, I think the CD has a set script that they follow somewhat. Example: ask the old man if stranded on an island would he rather have a hooker or a Nun, the answer has ALWAYS been "if I say hooker, then I'll get nun tonight"....

Have watched this show on about 5-6 of our previous cruises...the answers have ALWAYS been the same, I think the CD has a set script that they follow somewhat. Example: ask the old man if stranded on an island would he rather have a hooker or a Nun, the answer has ALWAYS been "if I say hooker, then I'll get nun tonight"....

Or ask the old man if stranded on an island would he rather have a hooker or a missionary. The answer, "The hooker in the missionary position"

Some of the ??

And so forth.

We've been picked as the middle couple.

Favorite question: If there was a parrot in your bedroom, what is the first phrase it would learn?

Sometimes one couple is prearranged beforehand.

If the answers are boring the CD will 'spice' them up. Usually the answer is what the person wrote.

Funniest answer was a translation from Dutch to English. Question- "Where was the most unusual place you made whoopie?" The husband did the translating himself and wrote "outhouse". 'Garden shed' would have been more exact. The showroom was laughing for a long time and the CD was crying so hard he was tearing.

The couples get a bottle of Champagne.

The game will be rerun for the remainder of the cruise and will be on the video.;)

Sometimes one couple is prearranged beforehand.

If the answers are boring the CD will 'spice' them up. Usually the answer is what the person wrote.

Funniest answer was a translation from Dutch to English. Question- "Where was the most unusual place you made whoopie?" The husband did the translating himself and wrote "outhouse". 'Garden shed' would have been more exact. The showroom was laughing for a long time and the CD was crying so hard he was tearing.

The couples get a bottle of Champagne.

The game will be rerun for the remainder of the cruise and will be on the video.;)

Over and over and over and over!!!!:eek::p

On our last cruise the Newly wed Birde had some VERY different answers:

A: Peeing on me in the shower

Q: DH's most annoying habit :confused:

A: Where do you want me?

Q: If you had a parrot in your bedroom, what would he learn to say?:eek:

Poor thing - had 4 full days left to cruise with us.

On our last cruise the Newly wed Birde had some VERY different answers:

A: Peeing on me in the shower

Q: DH's most annoying habit :confused:

A: Where do you want me?

Q: If you had a parrot in your bedroom, what would he learn to say?:eek:

Poor thing - had 4 full days left to cruise with us.

Omg!!! Bahahahaha!!! :eek:

I was surprised to see it done in the evening on my last 2 cruises - as a "main show!" New trend for CCL???

Saves them the cost of a flyon. We stopped going to this as they do same thing over and over and over.

Last few times they do this same night piano bar was closed, no comedy club and not much else going on so made for one boring night.

We were married on the Miracle in 2010, we went to the marriage game and sat in the front row. When CD asked about newlyweds, we jumped up and hollered for us to be picked and we were. We lost..roflol..however received a ship on a stick and a bottle of champagne. We had fun and would laugh when we saw it on tv.

We were picked when we went on the Valor in January (been married almost 13 years at that point). Couples who wanted to participate had to "audition"...this consisted of each couple doing their best Tarzan and Jane impression. Whoever got the most applause won. Let's just say I don't like to be in the spotlight, but my husband does. I stood their totally mortified while my husband jumped on stage, ripped off his shirt, did a handstand and yelled out his best Tarzan impression! Of course we won :) Did I say that we had had a few drinks by this point?

Just remember, it plays on the cabin TV's for the entire duration of the cruise! All day!!

Well, the honeymooners are cruising with the bride's parent in October because I'M PAYING FOR IT and it was originally supposed to be my 60th B'day cruise.

Are you kidding me? Do you honestly think anything they could say (regarding anything they've done) would embarrass me? Guess what? It's all been done for many, many centuries. :p

Archived