Diamond - To Diamond+ Mid Cruise

MAJ

We have 169 cruise credits now

We sail on Liberty 27th October for 14 nights = 183

We sail on Oasis the same day as we leave Liberty 10th November for another 7 nights

I am sure they will not give us our Diamond+ status on Liberty but we would

dearly love to get it on Oasis as it will be maybe another year until we cruise again

Any suggestions on our we could do this:confused:

Thanks

We sail on Oasis the same day as we leave Liberty 10th November for another 7 nights

dearly love to get it on Oasis as it will be maybe another year until we cruise again

Thanks

Let the Loyalty Ambassador onboard the Liberty know you will be changing tiers while onboard. Depending on the LA,some will acknowledge your tier change on board the ship and allow d+ privileges. They can also let Miami know, so when you board Oasis you can check in with the LA there, and receive your D+ status.

ENJOY YOUR CRUISES!

Thanks

The LA is definitely the one to talk to. Start on Liberty and then again on Oasis, if you need to.

It can take up to two weeks after you get off the Liberty before Miami gets your cruise credits into the system, even with advanced notification and speaking to Liberty's LA. More than likely, when you check in to the Oasis, they will still show you as Diamond. Keep your Liberty sea pass card as verification and if the Oasis pier associates can't get you a D+ card, the guest services desk on-board will definately be able to print out a new card with the correct magnetic info to get into the Concierge Lounge. Also, notify the Oasis LA so that you will get the extra/upgraded amenities.

We had to go through a similar senario when we did our 50th cruise immediately following our 49th on a different ship.

Let the Loyalty Ambassador onboard the Liberty know you will be changing tiers while onboard. Depending on the LA,some will acknowledge your tier change on board the ship and allow d+ privileges. They can also let Miami know, so when you board Oasis you can check in with the LA there, and receive your D+ status.

ENJOY YOUR CRUISES!

But if they do not, don't get angry about it. The rule is that you must complete the cruise before being awarded points so the LA is perfectly within their rights to decline your request, and may do so if, for example, there are a lot of D+ members onboard that cruise already.

But if they do not, don't get angry about it. The rule is that you must complete the cruise before being awarded points so the LA is perfectly within their rights to decline your request, and may do so if, for example, there are a lot of D+ members onboard that cruise already.

I had not planned to get angry : but I will be boarding Oasis with all my cruises completed

The rule is 175 awarded points to become Diamond + & I will be boarding Oasis with a total of 183 points completed I had not planned to ask before boarding Oasis but maybe now will try the LA

I will accept whatever the outcome is :)

Thanks

My wife and I made diamond plus between a B2B cruise. At that time you had another card to get into the CL. The LA put a sticker on our card to show we were diamond plus.

We got the other card to get into the CL also, but I can not remember who gave that to us.

The bottom line is you have earned diamond plus after the Liberty OTS cruise.

You should be diamond plus for the Oasis OTS cruise. Keep trying until someone gives it to you!

The rules say "after you finish" the cruise, not "after Miami awards them to you".

I agree, keep your Liberty OTS seapass card and show the LA. Just hope they can add!!!:D:p

Good luck!

I hope to see you in the CL soon!:D

We went from D to Plus at the end of our Liberty cruise. A day later we boarded the Allure. We asked the Loyalty Amb on the Liberty to email the one on the Allure to let her know we would like to get our D+ benefits on the Allure cruise. As soon as we boarded the Allure we saw the LA and she gave us a 'sticker' for plus and arranged for us to get a card to access the Consierge Lounge.

We went from D to Plus at the end of our Liberty cruise. A day later we boarded the Allure. We asked the Loyalty Amb on the Liberty to email the one on the Allure to let her know we would like to get our D+ benefits on the Allure cruise. As soon as we boarded the Allure we saw the LA and she gave us a 'sticker' for plus and arranged for us to get a card to access the Consierge Lounge.

Good suggestion. This is really the best approach. This will guarantee the LA on the Oasis knows about your status change and is a back door way of asking the Liberty LA if he/she wants to give you a break on Liberty.

We changed status between cruises on two different ships. When we boarded the second cruise, our status had not yet been verified. I took my seapass from the previous cruise to prove the added points, my coupon books and went to the LA. There was no problem at all. The LA gave me the coupon books for the higher level and made the change on my seapass for the current cruise.

So, do not worry. You will have to see the LA because as mentioned, it takes time for Miami to update your status on the system. The LA will give you the benefits due to a D+ member.

Archived