Formal Night Every Night!

cruisinhotmamma

There is a group of us (4 women, 1 man--the other man backed out) sailing the Elation in 16 days out of New Orleans. The male friend sailing with us has never sailed before and he is really looking forward to formal night! I wasnt expecting such enthusiam LOL but am now even more excited about dressing up. He called to tell us that he has a tux with 2 jackets, 4 shirts, tie, and shoes--enough for the whole cruise! He asked if we minded dressing up every night and do we have enough dresses?!?! :D When do you have to ask a woman if she has enough dresses? LOL I am now doing an even bigger happy dance! Who else is doing the happy dance cause their cruise is sooooon?

formal nights, we dress. dh in a nice suit and/or tux and ds in nice suit. i wear a cocktail gown. other nights, we still dress it up-me in a dress, dh usually in slacks and shirt with/out tie and ds's in slacks or khakis etc.

dh is not crazy over dressing up it's not like it's killing him, but he does it for me because he knows i enjoy it. his biggest complaint is that it's hot. I hate that because i know it is. my boys have no choice lol.

I love that a man is excited about dressing up. we are buying ds-18 a tux this spring for prom, wedding and cruise...so he'll be souped up too.

There is a group of us (4 women, 1 man--the other man backed out) sailing the Elation in 16 days out of New Orleans. The male friend sailing with us has never sailed before and he is really looking forward to formal night! I wasnt expecting such enthusiam LOL but am now even more excited about dressing up. He called to tell us that he has a tux with 2 jackets, 4 shirts, tie, and shoes--enough for the whole cruise! He asked if we minded dressing up every night and do we have enough dresses?!?! :D When do you have to ask a woman if she has enough dresses? LOL I am now doing an even bigger happy dance! Who else is doing the happy dance cause their cruise is sooooon?

Love to see this. DH and I love formal nights. You will have fun.

formal nights, we dress. dh in a nice suit and/or tux and ds in nice suit. i wear a cocktail gown. other nights, we still dress it up-me in a dress, dh usually in slacks and shirt with/out tie and ds's in slacks or khakis etc.

dh is not crazy over dressing up it's not like it's killing him, but he does it for me because he knows i enjoy it. his biggest complaint is that it's hot. I hate that because i know it is. my boys have no choice lol.

I love that a man is excited about dressing up. we are buying ds-18 a tux this spring for prom, wedding and cruise...so he'll be souped up too.

Let me give you a hint:

DON'T FOLLOW THE CROWD!

Do what makes you happy, and chart your own course on the cruise.

I own two black tuxedos, and two white dinner jackets to go with them, and a boat load of bow ties, vests and cummerbunds.

If someone wants to walk around with shorts and T-shirt, so be it. If your friend wants to dress to the "nines" so be it.

Pay homage to the ship, dress up, enjoy yourself, and don't worry about how others dress.

ENJOY!

He would fit in on the Queens grill on Cunard LOL

Also on Celebrity too, and on other restaurants on Cunard. I never understood why some folks think a tux is uncomfortable, aside from the price of buying one. They can be had at somewhat low cost too.

HINT: Why do you think there are "black tie" events, whether on ship or land?

Regardless of a particular bow tie or cummerbund a man wears, it is so the MEN look somewhat the same, and attention is called to the WOMEN, who hopefully have common sense to dress well! Oy!

It's all dressing up 101, and a lot of people don't understand it and never will. :D

We are leaving in 14 days!! YIPPEE!!!

I love dressing up for dinner. As a teacher I do more business casual for work, so I enjoy putting on dresses. I bought 8 new ones for this 7 night cruise, the one extra is just so I'll still have a choice which dress I wear by the last night! :D

I am so excited about dressing formal every night! I wear scrubs to work so any opportunity to dress to the nines I'm going to jump on it. Bringing an extra dress or maybe two is a fantastic idea. I like the idea of standing out in the crowd...lets everyone know that we are there to have a fun time! :D

I love to dress up every night for dinner as well. A few years ago some friends went with us and they all of a sudden stopped coming to dinner with us..we later found out that it was because we dressed up every night for dinner. I was a little upset about it. Because I honestly didn't care if they dressed up or not.

Now this cruise coming up DH's friend is coming with us. I told him right up front. I like to dress up every night for dinner. I don't care if you don't but please don't be offended because I do. He was good with it and just laughed that I would even say that to him because he could care less either way.

We are less than a month from sailing I can not wait. As soon as the weather cools off here I will start packing so that I can pack all of my shorts.

I'm calling a meeting of the mens union he may lose his membership card :D

Archived