Afternoon tea

stoneharborlady

had afternoon tea on the Golden Princess, imagine it is about the same....dress is very informal, people came straight from excursions or the pool, others came in sundresses or casual clothing....it was in one of the formal dining rooms...it was wonderful....white gloved tuxedoed waiters serving tea from sterling silver tea service, wonderful scones, sandwiches and cookies....and they just keep refilling the cup and offering more food! you can ask for coffee, or honey (in case you are interested), lots of people did! An experience not to miss!

Beverly

I love afternoon tea! I usually wear a sundress. When we were on the Sun Princess they asked everyone entering "Are you damp?". They didn't want to get the chairs stained from wet swim suits. So you can wear pretty much what you want, just don't arrive damp.;)

Happy Cruising!!

Laura

Afternoon tea has always been one of my favorite onboard activities! I've enjoyed some of the finest sandwiches, scones, and pastries available on a cruiseship during this midday repast, not to mention elegant and impeccable service.

Tea was served in one of the dining rooms on the Caribbean Princess. It is a casual affair, but I don't think swimwear would be acceptable.

Afternoon tea on the Caribbean Princess is not to be missed!

Bon Voyage!

Chris

Afternoon tea has always been one of my favorite onboard activities! I've enjoyed some of the finest sandwiches, scones, and pastries available on a cruiseship during this midday repast, not to mention elegant and impeccable service.

Tea was served in one of the dining rooms on the Caribbean Princess. It is a casual affair, but I don't think swimwear would be acceptable.

Afternoon tea on the Caribbean Princess is not to be missed!

Bon Voyage!

Chris

thank you. we are sailing on CP 6/18. WEst Caribb. We went last year on the Easternd and totally missed the tea!! So much to do.

We went to afternoon tea almost every day on our cruise to New England and Canada on the Golden Princess. We went a couple of times on our Star Princess cruise to Alaska. In the Caribbean, however, we've only managed it once on our two Princess cruises. Must be something about the warm weather that doesn't make me want to drink hot tea or eat a lot in the afternoon. (Although a slice of pizza by the pool goes great with a fruity beverage.)

I sailed on the Regal a few years ago and didn't know this was available. Now we are sailing to Alaska doing a B2B this Monday and what a nice way to spend a little time in the afternoon, I think I read where its served between 3:30 and 4:30?

It will be chilly and a nice cup of tea and an afternoon snack will be great, especially since we are eating at the late dinning time.

Happy sailing:

Carol

KamloopsCruisers: Just sending a friendly hello from Saskatoon to you, we fly to Vancouver Monday and have a stop over in Kelowna, seems that you cannot get anywhere from Saskatoon without having to stop in Calgary and Kelowna for some reason. The Queen is arriving today and all of Saskatoon is in a tizzy. Do you have another cruise booked?

Carol

KamloopsCruisers: Just sending a friendly hello from Saskatoon to you, we fly to Vancouver Monday and have a stop over in Kelowna, seems that you cannot get anywhere from Saskatoon without having to stop in Calgary and Kelowna for some reason. The Queen is arriving today and all of Saskatoon is in a tizzy. Do you have another cruise booked?

Carol

Yes, our first on Princess on the Coral, 18 days from Ft. Lauderdale to Vancouver. Unfortunately it is not until NEXT May. I don't imagine I can last that long, and once the weather starts to get ugly here in the fall, perhaps I can find a bargain and also convince DH to take me away.

We lived in Kelowna for 15 years (didn't like it), and Vancouver is my hometown. We head down to the big city about every other month so I can get my fix of sushi and city life.

I saw on the news that the Queen brought the rain with her - sun is shining here today.

Yes, our first on Princess on the Coral, 18 days from Ft. Lauderdale to Vancouver. Unfortunately it is not until NEXT May. I don't imagine I can last that long, and once the weather starts to get ugly here in the fall, perhaps I can find a bargain and also convince DH to take me away.

(We are going on the Sun this Monday doing a B2B Vancouver to Whittier and staying back onboard for the return.)

We lived in Kelowna for 15 years (didn't like it), and Vancouver is my hometown. We head down to the big city about every other month so I can get my fix of sushi and city life. I am from North Carolina and my hubby is from London, Ontario. Saskatoon is well "Saskatoon"! I hate the winters here but the rest of the year is nice.

I saw on the news that the Queen brought the rain with her - sun is shining here today.

(Sorry you have to wait so long for your trip. This past Oct we did a Panama Canal Transit from Ft Lauderdale to San Diego and love it. Have a great cruise.

Carol

My wife and miss very few "afternoon teas" on Princess.

Years ago, on Crystal, the waiters used to wear wigs and those Viennese (sp) costumes with knee-length stockings, for the afternoon tea service. I thought they looked ridiculous, but the ladies seemed to like it.

My DH was born in England and drinks several pots of tea every day. He was delighted when I told him about afternoon tea on Princess. We're both really looking forward to sipping tea on the Coral. Just wish we didn't have to wait so long.:)

Sue even though we have been on six Princess cruises and our one coming up with you in May would make number seven we have never had afternoon tea so DH and I are going to do it this time. Maybe we can join you. My gosh I can't believe DH and I were just talking about that this morning and here comes this thread.

Marilyn

Went to afternoon tea everyday last Sept on the Caribbean Princess. Wish we had that available at home everyday - then again maybe not as I think afternoon tea directly contributed to my 15 lb weight gain from the cruise! Worth every pound though. Scones and finger sandwiches were excellent - esp the salmon. DH loved the pastries/cakes.

Debbie

Sandwiches - Egg salad, chicken salad, ham, cucumber, veggies and of course salmonCookies/Cakes - petit fours, shortbread, sugar cookies, lots and lots of different cakes. My favourite - empire cookies (2 shortbread cookies with strawberry jam in the middle - like a sandwich - then white hard icing on the top)

Scones - with jam and clotted cream

Tea was not too bad for mass produced. Coming from a British background, I tend to be very particular about my tea.

Now I too am hungry and still three hours before dinner!

Debbie

Sue even though we have been on six Princess cruises and our one coming up with you in May would make number seven we have never had afternoon tea so DH and I are going to do it this time. Maybe we can join you. My gosh I can't believe DH and I were just talking about that this morning and here comes this thread.

Marilyn

It's a date!:)

Sue

Archived