Reflection larger verandas

mic123

I am being told by the celebrity rep that all verandas are the same size (1A vs concierge). I see on other threads that there are a few larger if on the hump.

They are telling me no, that it only looks that way.

Are they just saying that or might it be true. I was looking to book 8197 which I read is larger on the solstice class.

Anyone have any insight?

Thanks!

I am being told by the celebrity rep that all verandas are the same size (1A vs concierge). I see on other threads that there are a few larger if on the hump.

Are they just saying that or might it be true. I was looking to book 8197 which I read is larger on the solstice class.

Anyone have any insight?

Thanks!

Celebrity reps don't seem to know very much. If you ask them where the bed is located, by the bath or balcony, thay have not a clue. :)

Stateroom 8197 has a huge balcony. Here's a thumbnail to show the proportion of stateroom balconies on the angle. 8197 would be equivalent in size to 9237.

http://boards.cruisecritic.com/showpost.php?p=24259746&postcount=14

Edited by Wine-O

And, you are sure the Reflection is the same? They (travel agent & Celebrity) talked me into the CC cabin (#1012), and said it was only $20 more per person. Said even though it looks like it is bigger on deck plans it is not. Hard to know since it is a new ship. Just feel like people here know more than the reps :).

I would rather have the larger balcony since I do not need the points.

Should I just leave it or switch? Is the balcony that much bigger to justify changing?

And, you are sure the Reflection is the same? They (travel agent & Celebrity) talked me into the CC cabin (#1012), and said it was only $20 more per person. Said even though it looks like it is bigger on deck plans it is not. Hard to know since it is a new ship. Just feel like people here know more than the reps :).

I would rather have the larger balcony since I do not need the points.

Should I just leave it or switch? Is the balcony that much bigger to justify changing?

Stateroom 1012 is a normal C3 cabin up forward. Nothing special about it.

What sailing are you on?

There are no C3 cabins with large balconies. You have to go from 1A to C2 to get the larger balcony.

Edited by Wine-O

Stateroom 1012 is a normal C3 cabin up forward. Nothing special about it.

What sailing are you on?

There are no C3 cabins with large balconies. You have to go from 1A to C2 to get the larger balcony.

12/15 sailing. I booked CC #1012 because they talked me out of the 1A #8197. Said the balcony was the same size and only $20 cheaper.

12/15 sailing. I booked CC #1012 because they talked me out of the 1A #8197. Said the balcony was the same size and only $20 cheaper.

They either lied to you or just didn't know any better. 1012 has a standard size balcony.

Go for the big balcony. Staterooms 9266 8283, and 8279. They all have the fold out sofa bed (Assume you need that, if not, that's OK too), are on the angle in the Hump area, convenient to the elevators. The C3's are either way up forward or way back aft.

If you don't need the fold out sofa bed, consider 9209.

Go for the convenience and huge balcony.

Duff info. In fact 1A is the only category of non-suite cabin that guarantees you a larger balcony (either nearly twice or nearly three times the normal size).

Phil

Anyone have any insight?

Thanks!

Definately take the 1A. But IMHO i would take one of the 1A's on the slant portion of the hump near the midship elevators. According to a well known travel site there are some of those still available on decks 7,8,and 9. We had 8256 last cruise and loved the location. Only downside was that we couldn't see forward but no big deal, the 3X balcony made up for it. BTW we are on the same sailing in Dec. so please come on over to our roll call.

http://boards.cruisecritic.com/showthread.php?t=1425987

Hi,

We normally get the C2 rooms on deck 12 of the S class ships. Great balconies. I have heard that the forward bump balconies have some wind while the ship is moving. Does anyone know if this is true? And if it is, how bad or good is it. Richard

Hi,

We normally get the C2 rooms on deck 12 of the S class ships. Great balconies. I have heard that the forward bump balconies have some wind while the ship is moving. Does anyone know if this is true? And if it is, how bad or good is it. Richard

We had 8257 on the Silhouette, which is the 3X size in front of the hump. Wind was not an issue at all. Because we liked the cabin so much, we have 9215 right above it next year on the Eclipse.

Hi,

I have read that here too, but my experience is that unless I was at the balcony railing it wasn't an issue (experience from C2 1108 and 1A 7264, both cool weather cruises). The balcony is deep enough to step back away from any wind.

Phil

Please keep in mind that some cabin numbers on Reflection are different on the other S class ships. :eek:

For example, cabin 1120 is on the aft portion of the hump on prior S ships, but on the forward part of the hump on Reflection. There are other changes as well.

Make sure you compare the comments and cabin numbers on this thread with the location on Reflection before making a final decision.

Helpful thread!

We are in 1134 on Reflection... I believe it's one of the smaller hump veranda's but still larger than a regular veranda. I've never been on the hump before... it's there any privacy?

Edited by AviGirl

Helpful thread!

We are in 1134 on Reflection... I believe it's one of the smaller hump veranda's but still larger than a regular veranda. I've never been on the hump before... it's there any privacy?

That is correct. Is a large balcony on the angle. Unless you open the partitions, you will definitely have privacy. Of course, if you stand up to the rail and look around, no privacy at all on any balcony.

• 2 years later...

Here is a photo I saw posted on Cruise Critic a while back which visually shows why the cabins on the angle of the hump are larger than other veranda cabins. From there you can verify the cabin numbers on the deck plan for your ship. These are usually in category 1A or C2.

znsac8.jpg

Here is a photo I saw posted on Cruise Critic a while back which visually shows why the cabins on the angle of the hump are larger than other veranda cabins. From there you can verify the cabin numbers on the deck plan for your ship. These are usually in category 1A or C2.

znsac8.jpg

Lsimon, thanks a million for posting this photo. I spent all day searching so many websites, trying to figure out how the balconies coming off the hump could possibly be larger. As they say, a photo is worth a thousand words!