why does Carnival have such a bad "partying" reputation

cruisingreena

I give my comment without having read the entire thread ..... :)

We did an 8 day out of PC on the Sunshine in Jan

We did an 5 day out of charleston on the Sunshine in May

The vibe on the 5 day was totally different than on the 8 day. The 5 day crowd almost felt frantic and seemed like they were trying to cram all the fun they could into 3 days less. We always have a good time on cruise but it was noticeably less relaxed.

I have to say this. Honestly, I hadn't been on Carnival since 1990. A few years ago, we decided to try the Inspiration over spring break. Cut to the chase, we just made Platinum in April. Love the ships,the energy, the awesome people we have met. Our cruise line of choice!

We did a couple of 4 days out of LA on Ecstasy, the ship. We had younger kids at the time. Time frame, 2000-2002. A lot of fun seeing the drunks get back on in Ensenada wearing their gringo sombreros. Next day even more fun watching the pain on the hung over faces. Have to say only cruises where I've seen puke on nice sea days.

Fast forward to 2008. Kids now 21+, 8 day trip on Spirit out of San Diego. Kids were bummed by lack of partying. Mostly older grouchy folks. Cruise was in mid Jan.

when I tell others who cruise that have never cruised on carnival that I sail with Carnival most immediately say they would never cruise with Carnival, due to the excessive partying that goes on.

I dont drink and have never noticed this...and I would notice it if it was around me...I just dont get it.

Oh this is an easy one to answer. Just Google "Brawls on Carnival Cruise Line." There's many Youtube videos to choose from and from different ships. Take a good look at the participants and you will understand why Carnival has a bad reputation. The one I get a kick out of is the girl in a bikini who almost drowned a security guard. She was a slippery little thing.

But here's a sample of a brawl on a Carnival ship.:D

I keep thinking I would like to try a Carnival cruise, but then I read some of the threads on CC such as the balcony smoking threads and the threats and counter threats turn me off.

However, since I avoid all cruises during vacation weeks and spring breaks anyway and try only to do cruises 7 days or longer, that counts out most of the intense partiers. And if I booked a non balcony room, I won't have to worry about confrontations! So, Carnival could be back on my list...

when I tell others who cruise that have never cruised on carnival that I sail with Carnival most immediately say they would never cruise with Carnival, due to the excessive partying that goes on.

I dont drink and have never noticed this...and I would notice it if it was around me...I just dont get it.

It depends when you cruise and how long the cruise is.

I read every post on this thread, given it goes back to 2012. times certainly have changed- the destiny is now the sunshine!!

back in 2001, my first carnival cruise on the sensation out of Tampa, I didn't care for it too much. it was spring break, but I was fairly new to cruising and didn't make that correlation between spring break and cruising. Beer was being thrown across the deck and security didn't react. food and the itinerary were spot on and the ship was beautiful. I had only been on the Big Red Boat twice and the Disney Magic twice as a comparison.

I moved over to RCL and loved my three cruises there.

then we found a southern adventure cruise on the Carnival Liberty. the ship was beautiful. the itinerary was awesome, food was great! fellow passengers greater!! issue was the staff! OMG I was so done with my steward being a pervert! I was done with the staff in the lido not wanting to answer questions about the food being served. just DONE!! went back to DCL and RCL for a few cruises.

now the present........ we booked an extended family cruise on RCL for January 2016. my three were going to chase that cruise with a few days at WDW. Upon comparing prices, we would come up cheaper doing an 8 day on the conquest than 5 days at WDW. 3 adults balcony cabin forward was $2200. for that saving, I figured we would give carnival a third shot. well, that one was the charm. we had a much bigger cabin on the conquest than we did on the oasis. we had much better food and service on the conquest than the oasis. the passengers on the oasis were uptight and unfriendly. on the conquest there was no beer being thrown. the hair chest competition was too funny! the synchronized swimming kept us laughing, the mixologist games were great! the overall atmosphere of the ship was amazing! I am now a carnival convert!!

I have a cruise booked on the sunshine in October, and a cruise on the vista in March. I'm considering switching my princess cruise for April to the vista to make that a B2B.

Sent from my iPhone using Forums mobile app

Edited by happy traveler69

Oh this is an easy one to answer. Just Google "Brawls on Carnival Cruise Line." There's many Youtube videos to choose from and from different ships. Take a good look at the participants and you will understand why Carnival has a bad reputation. The one I get a kick out of is the girl in a bikini who almost drowned a security guard. She was a slippery little thing.

But here's a sample of a brawl on a Carnival ship.:D

Some funny, some sad. Didn't see the one of the slippery girl. Link for that one?

We cruise Carnival quite a bit in our younger years, and then switched to Princess. Once we cruised on Princess a few times and went back to Carnival for a quick one week trip, we did notice quite a difference in the crowd. Way more people who were quite intoxicated, etc....don't get me wrong, they were having fun and have every right to....but it was definitely a more loud crowd. Princess tends to be a little more subdued. Now I do see a difference in crowds with those who sail Carnival in the Caribbean and those who sail Carnival in Europe. Carnival in Europe is also quite a bit more subdued.

Some funny, some sad. Didn't see the one of the slippery girl. Link for that one?

I'll look for it....later....Elliair

This will keep you entertained while I look....

and this one - still looking for bikini girl

VICTORY!

This is one similar to the one I was talking about. This one looses her bikini top. Watch Security - they had no control! :D :eek:

http://www.metacafe.com/watch/10462304/wasted_chick_loses_it_cruising_on_carnival_victory/

Edited by elliair