Favorite Cruise Perfume!!!

ILUVCRUIZN

I used to enjoy Guerlain's Shalimar and Nina Ricci L'air du Temps but so many people complain of being disturbed by scented products, I stopped wearing scents. More and more people say it gives them a headache and I'm afraid to make someone ill with my perfume and got away from using it. Now and then I miss it. :o

I used to enjoy Guerlain's Shalimar and Nina Ricci L'air du Temps but so many people complain of being disturbed by scented products, I stopped wearing scents. More and more people say it gives them a headache and I'm afraid to make someone ill with my perfume and got away from using it. Now and then I miss it. :o

That's exactly what I did. But, after reading this thread, I am going to start using perfume again. I think in closed quarters, perfume can be overwhelming. But in the open spaces of a cruise ship, I think it will be okay.

My favorite was always My Sin, by L'an Vin. I also like Shalimar and Channel #5. Old time scents. I will have to shop around and see what I like now.

Edited by luvscruising2007

I was in Ulta today and smelled a few more scents. My favorite today was Burberry Brit Sheer. I tried the Marc Jacobs Daisy (suggested in the first go round of this thread) and liked it, too. I didn't buy anything but thought I would bring home my top contender each time I go and choose from them. I'm thinking I could save some money (at least sales tax) if I bought whatever I choose at duty free in the airport when I fly to London.

I find if I spray my scent on right after shower or at least, long before I go out the door, it is not so overwhelming. Of course a spritz just before leaving is going to be too strong; perhaps that's why some passengers on ships have some violent reactions - people spray and leave. Too soon! :D

I have a few regulars that I seem to stick with. They are J'adore by Christian Dior. I seem to wear this the most. The only problem is I cannot smell in on me (been told that means it suits me) and many people have momented on how lovely it is.

My others are Vera Wang (the original) and Marc Jacobs Dot and Lola.

I always seem to buy the same and every time I travel I buy anothe bottle of each. I am starting to get a collection of them all.

Chez

My favorite perfume is Kenzo Amour - found it on a cruise. But when I actually go on a cruise, I don't take any perfume. I go to the duty free shop on board each day and apply a TINY spray from the samples - a new one every day. Then if I find one I absolutely love, I buy it. :)

I'm a Chanel 5 lady too...I layer my fragrance, Chanel 5 bath oil, body lotion and finish with the perfume for evening..Daytime I love India Hicks or Jo Malone...I wouldn't dream of going on holiday without taking all my perfumes...:)

Thank you, very much, for your thoughtfulness.

This thread is awesome!!!

I'm a fragrance nut and I love buying perfumed soaps, lotions and shower gels in addition to my favorite bottled scents. This thread has reminded me of some long-forgotten perfumes like Chloe. I do separate my scents by season and the summer scents are usually lighter and beachy or flowery. I'll list some of my most-used perfumes below:

Missoni Aqcua

Jo Malone Sweet Lime and Cedar

Lolita Lempicka

M.A.C. Turquatic

Issey Miyake

Miss Dior Cherie

I just ordered (with 20% off) more bottles of Narciso Rodriguez, Narcisse by Chloe and John Varvatos. Hope they come before my Thanksgiving cruise!

Edited by trixiegal

Looks as if I am the only one who adores Flower Bomb by Viktor&Rolf. It is my signature scent only available at Nordstrom or on-line.

The few times I feel like a change I like Shalimar.

I do wear it lightly. I have an allergy to anything with musk in it which covers a whole lot of perfumes. I get the closed throat and watery eyes and sneezing thing. Yuck.

Edited by kakalina

Looks as if I am the only one who adores Flower Bomb by Viktor&Rolf. It is my signature scent only available at Nordstrom or on-line.

The few times I feel like a change I like Shalimar.

I do wear it lightly. I have an allergy to anything with musk in it which covers a whole lot of perfumes. I get the closed throat and watery eyes and sneezing thing. Yuck.

I do like Flowerbomb but so many people wear it in the area I live in so I got sick of smelling it. I tended to use it only on special occasions. I also like Natori or Annick Goutal scents because they last all night. Very expensive but worth it!

• 1 month later...