Which cabana?? so confused

bellarosa

I have been in touch with royal to ask about cabana at labadee. We already book the "over the water, however shore x office said that hillside cabanas are more secluded and more private. Can any one help me out here?? and post pictures of over the water and hillside, we want more seclusion but not in the bushes.... and not sure where the hilliside cabana are

thanks

I'm not sure I can answer your question completely, but we had an over-the water cabana on Nellie's Beach a couple of weeks ago and it was plenty private for us, although it was right near the water obviously where folks were swimming and on the beach where people were sitting. I think the ones they referred to as hillside on Nellie's Beach were the ones just a few yards back from ours. The only difference was a few hundred feet from the beach and not right on the water. If you don't care about being right on the water, those would be fine. If you do, I would go for the over-the water. Not much help I know, but we did enjoy ours and would do it again.

We had H5 the last hilltop cabana on Bearfoot Beach...this "is" the most private...no foot traffic past it as it dead ends and has an amazing view...However it is a bit of a climb up steep uneven stairs...We were a family of 6 adults so we weren't interested in the seclusion factor but were lucky to get any cabana. We were the first on the waitlist and so had no choice...If given the choice we would take any of the over the water or beachside cabanas (W's & B's) or even H2.. I would avoid the standard ones (S's)..Sorry can't help with the ones on Nellie's Beach....Enjoy !

We had H5 the last hilltop cabana on Bearfoot Beach...this "is" the most private...no foot traffic past it as it dead ends and has an amazing view...However it is a bit of a climb up steep uneven stairs...We were a family of 6 adults so we weren't interested in the seclusion factor but were lucky to get any cabana. We were the first on the waitlist and so had no choice...If given the choice we would take any of the over the water or beachside cabanas (W's & B's) or even H2.. I would avoid the standard ones (S's)..Sorry can't help with the ones on Nellie's Beach....Enjoy !

No sure when you were there last....but I don't believe that it dead ends after H5 anymore....my understanding (and I personally haven't checked) is that it now continues onto the Nellie's hilltops and then down to the cabanas over the water at Nellies....I was told that is the walkway that you use to go back and forth to Barefoot from Nellie's.....again I haven't walked it so I am going by what I was told.

No sure when you were there last....but I don't believe that it dead ends after H5 anymore....my understanding (and I personally haven't checked) is that it now continues onto the Nellie's hilltops and then down to the cabanas over the water at Nellies....I was told that is the walkway that you use to go back and forth to Barefoot from Nellie's.....again I haven't walked it so I am going by what I was told.

March 19, 2011 eastern caribbean cruise on LOS...You may be right about those changes...But it was a dead end when we had H5...making it the "most private"...Then all those at Nellie's will have to walk down those steep stairs....certainly a consideration for some...However I did get several phone calls after my cruise when I spoke on my guest survey about a bit of a twisted ankle that happened due to those stairs and was told that they had been in contact with Labadee and the situation and condition of those stairs was being closely looked in to...Not sure if anything has changed...maybe someone that has recently walked those stairs might give an update.

There are loads of threads on the ports of call, private islands board. There are photos there too. I was in Labadee in July. We had an over-the-water cabana. It was wonderful! I would stick with what you have. Here are photosy6ezysa4.jpg for you:ehusaqa2.jpg

There are loads of threads on the ports of call, private islands board. There are photos there too. I was in Labadee in July. We had an over-the-water cabana. It was wonderful! I would stick with what you have. Here are photosy6ezysa4.jpg for you:ehusaqa2.jpg

hi the second picture is not quite "over the water" or is it hard to see?

thanks for sharing

This is a pic from an "over the water" cabana...if you're facing the water it is the one on the very far left. I don't recall the #. Yes there were people swimming nearby, but mostly out toward the middle or farther to the right. I found this cabana to be pretty private actually. The kid you see in the water is ours....

cabana%20Allure%202011%20052_zpsf7963dfd.jpg

The only people in this area are the ones that have cabanas and suite passengers. You are assigned an attendant who will go and get drinks for you. There is a private BBQ for this area. They serve steak, shrimp, chicken, lamb chops and much more. We loved it!

The only people in this area are the ones that have cabanas and suite passengers. You are assigned an attendant who will go and get drinks for you. There is a private BBQ for this area. They serve steak, shrimp, chicken, lamb chops and much more. We loved it!

That's ONLY if you have cabana in Barefoot Beach ...which is the private beach area for suite guests. If you are renting a cabana on-line, it will be located at Nellie's Beach...which is open to all guests....you will have access to Barefoot as a cabana renter but your actual cabana will not be in that private area.

Do the cabanas have sun and shade? My wife is a sun goddess, I like to swim, but want to retreat to some shade occasionally.

Inside the cabana you are in shade. depending on location, on the little deck, you can have sun or shade. You attendent will bring you a lounger, so you can move it to any location you want. Our favorite location is S1, first cabana to the right of the path as you walk into Barefoot Beach. We have always been able to get it every time we have been to Labadee, even though we do not have a suite.

Do the cabanas have sun and shade? My wife is a sun goddess, I like to swim, but want to retreat to some shade occasionally.

sun and shade! The cabin is covered with a ceiling fan (and electrical plug if you want to pack a small radio, or charge a phone). The front deck is open to the sun. The cabanas are awesome- I highly recommend them!

sun and shade! The cabin is covered with a ceiling fan (and electrical plug if you want to pack a small radio, or charge a phone). The front deck is open to the sun. The cabanas are awesome- I highly recommend them!

Thanks to you and Mofran.

That's ONLY if you have cabana in Barefoot Beach ...which is the private beach area for suite guests. If you are renting a cabana on-line, it will be located at Nellie's Beach...which is open to all guests....you will have access to Barefoot as a cabana renter but your actual cabana will not be in that private area.

Unless the map I posted is wrong, it looks like ALL the cabanas are at Barefoot beach. I even went on Googlemaps and it looks like ALL the cabanas are at Barefoot beach. Of course the map (or google) could be outdated. Can someone confirm/deny?

Unless the map I posted is wrong, it looks like ALL the cabanas are at Barefoot beach. I even went on Googlemaps and it looks like ALL the cabanas are at Barefoot beach. Of course the map (or google) could be outdated. Can someone confirm/deny?

Nope. There are cabanas at both beaches. Google maps does not update their satellite photos very often. Why you see is probably not representative of what is there now.

hi the second picture is not quite "over the water" or is it hard to see?

thanks for sharing

It is considered an over-the-water cabana. It was the second one in on the left side of the beach, as you face the water. Ours had a ramp. I think it was a handicapped access one. We were very happy with it. Our view was amazing! Here are more photos. In the last photo, ours was the one in the middle.su7une2a.jpgyja4edan.jpg8eny3e7e.jpg

Nope. There are cabanas at both beaches. Google maps does not update their satellite photos very often. Why you see is probably not representative of what is there now.

That doesn't surprise me. I am a LITTLE surprised there's not a more current RCI map (like what I posted above) showing all the cabanas.

Inside the cabana you are in shade. depending on location, on the little deck, you can have sun or shade. You attendent will bring you a lounger, so you can move it to any location you want. Our favorite location is S1, first cabana to the right of the path as you walk into Barefoot Beach. We have always been able to get it every time we have been to Labadee, even though we do not have a suite.

S1 a favorite of your's...That's interesting...It would be my least favorite location...too close to the entrance and where the golf carts are parked and where the cabana attendants hangout :eek::D...Glad you enjoyed it and have been able to at least get a cabana..We have found it hard at times to get one at all :)

This is a pic from an "over the water" cabana...if you're facing the water it is the one on the very far left. I don't recall the #. Yes there were people swimming nearby, but mostly out toward the middle or farther to the right. I found this cabana to be pretty private actually. The kid you see in the water is ours....

cabana%20Allure%202011%20052_zpsf7963dfd.jpg

This pic is from W4...

We had the first cabana in the above post. I thought the ramp looked like a Handicap ramp also but it made for very easy entry into the water. The ramp was a bit harsh on bare feet since it was ridged to prevent anyone from slipping. Once you were on the beach, the sand was like sifted flour under your feet. It was a wonderful investment. Our porch area was in the semi-sun most of the day but under the roof was very comfortable. The enhanced buffet was really good. The shrimp scewers were the best. We got to the cabanas about 9:30 AM and got the last one assigned. It was perfect.