Professional photo session on Royal Caribbean????

eap1986

My husband and I are going on Navigator of the Seas for our 5-year anniversary and I recently realized that we haven't had any professional photos done since our wedding. I remember noticing on a Carnival cruise last year that they had some deal where you could get some pretty amazing photos taken around the ship or on the beach while in Port... Seems like they had a name for it, but I can't remember. Anyway, does Royal have something similar? If so, is there a link where I can view prices? I searched several times, but wasn't able to find anything, so thanks :)

My husband and I are going on Navigator of the Seas for our 5-year anniversary and I recently realized that we haven't had any professional photos done since our wedding. I remember noticing on a Carnival cruise last year that they had some deal where you could get some pretty amazing photos taken around the ship or on the beach while in Port... Seems like they had a name for it, but I can't remember. Anyway, does Royal have something similar? If so, is there a link where I can view prices? I searched several times, but wasn't able to find anything, so thanks :)

It may exist on more ships, but I have only seen it on Oasis and Allure. And I have never seen a price list.

I hope that someone else will be able to supply the specifics that you need.

But the regular photographers at various stations onboard do a pretty good job. And that is free, until you buy the actual photographs.

Well thanks anyway :D. On Carnival I think it was called something studios and they would even print on canvas. The photographs were AMAZING!

As the wife of a professional photographer, here are a couple of suggestions, try find a photographer on one of the islands/ports you are going to. You could google it and see if there are any that offer location sessions and they would ship back to your house, and you could view and order proofs on line.

Another, and it's a long shot, go to your roll call and see if there is a photographer on your cruise, maybe you could pay him for a few hours of his time and once you get home you can view/order thru his site.

One of my friends went to Hawaii and the resort they stayed at had some kind of deal where you could have a beach session.

All good ideas so far.

I mentioned this on another thread, but if you really want to go crazy on pictures, buy the full picture package on board. You'll get all your pictures included plus a CD with the picture files. Then practice your smiles and seek out the ship's photographers at every opportunity. You'll get all the prints, plus you can take the CD to the photo shop when you get home and get whatever specialty pictures you want made.

Make sure on formal night you head down to dinner early so you can visit all the photographers and get lots of different poses at the various backdrops.

I don't know 100% but I believe the photogs get a commission if you buy their pictures. So by all means tell them you want extra pictures since you have a package.

I have done extensive searching, and I am afraid that even Royal Caribbean is not sure about the whole thing.

This is what they have to say on their website:

Picture This Portrait Studio

Capture your family's spirit in this private studio dedicated to creating portraiture in a fresh and contemporary style. The Picture This Portrait Studio is available on select ships.

http://www.royalcaribbean.com/findacruise/experience/html.do?exCode=806

Edited by Merion_Mom

what ever you do please be aware of the offer to get all the Pictures on board for one price, we have just returned from a cruise on the NOS and out of the 115 pics taken 46 were compressed into small files of 10 KB and the result you cannot print them,

at the moment I am being shunted from department to depratment country to country and no one is taking responsilibity

also once the ships photo team know that you have a package they drop you like a hot cake, as they dont make any commissions from the sale

so be aware

The photographers actually get paid their bonus's by meeting targets. The target is based on the number of photos they take NOT the number of photos they sell. They just have to return after each session with X number of quality photos on their cards. Therefore they will not 'drop you' when they realize you have a package. In fact they will love you as you are prepared to stand in front of them and have photos taken.

Be nive to them and just stand in front of the camera and let them snap. :o

Dh and I posed at every little area that was set up each night, either before or after dinner, on our recent Oasis cruise. We ended up with so many wonderful pictures, we chose a package with 15 digital prints (which you upload from the website once you get home). They were some of the best photos we've ever had done of ourselves...our faves were not even from formal nights. It a great opportunity to get a lot of pictures done without committing to sitting with a photographer for hours at once. And, while some people complain about the prices being steep, when you don't have a "sitting fee", it ends up being about the same as you'd pay for just prints on land.

Good luck!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

We used the professional photographer on Allure last year for our shoot with our teenage daughters. The photographer spent 2 hours with us going to different locations on the ship. We returned the following day to review all of the photos and pick about 25 photos. We selected a package that included an album, 8X10s, 2 large 20X30 and assorted other sizes. These were shipped to us about 2 week after our cruise. We also took with us a selection on CD.

This whole package was about $800.00. Seemed expensive at the time but looking back now well worth it. We have these photos in our home and continually get many compliments. The large print we have is of our daughters standing at the railing with the ocean in the background. It is just stunning.

Hi there

Just got off the Liberty of the seas western med

and they had photographers set up around the ship in different areas, different backgrounds and dockside in ports

The only 2 prices I can remember were $199 + Tax for 15 8x10 prints

or $249 + tax for all your prints on a CD

Some one mentioned they were having problems with these, we had the same problem ran the installer on the CD and got all our prints no problem

Printed mine out on good quality glossy photo paper 280 g/m2 and they are perfect

Hope this helps

Damon

DH and I went to what I would consider a professional photographer (i.e. the kind with the screen backgrounds like they use in portrait studios) on the Radiance. They had something like 6 stations set up with different backgrounds you could choose from. One picture cost $20. They just put them out with all the other pictures that were taken on board the ship for you to find and purchase.

I'd suggest the sittings rather than the shots in the dining room or as you step off the ship. The dining rooms often have elements in the background you'd rather not see, and the port shots right off the ship have had poles coming out of DH's head, crooked horizons, etc. Check your coupon book, you there may be a coupon for a photo depending on your C&A status.

I'd suggest the sittings rather than the shots in the dining room or as you step off the ship. The dining rooms often have elements in the background you'd rather not see, and the port shots right off the ship have had poles coming out of DH's head, crooked horizons, etc. Check your coupon book, you there may be a coupon for a photo depending on your C&A status.

You can ask them to editnout objects,we have with great results.

True, the formal sittings they do outside the dining room have nice backgrounds, but you never know when a random picture at dinner might come out really nice. Looking for our pictures, I saw a lot of nice formal pictures with the captain as well.

• 5 years later...

RE: Picture This Photos on Navigator of the Sea.......we just got back yesterday from a 5 day cruise. It was our 47th wedding anniversary and my husbands 70th birthday. We took all 5 teen grandchildren with us. I registered to purchase a jumpdrive of all photos on the ship. When talking with RCCL rep, he mentioned the high quality digital black and whites they were offering now. He asked if we wanted an appt, with no obligation to buy. I made an appt, thinking how high can the price be. Well................Let me tell you. We went to our appt the next day at 600pm. All 7 of us for family and grandkids pictures. Appt took approximately 1hour of our time. We went back the next day at 700pm to view the pictures. My 3 granddaughters and I looked at them an loved them, we could imagine taking some of them. We were shown a 16 x 20 canvas, a new plastic acrylic portrait and a gorgeous photo album. I can't remember exactly what the prices were but they were unrealistic. A jump drive with all photos $3000, the canvas was around $2400 and so was the acrylic. The photo album with pictures was around $2800. You could get either five 8 x 10's OR fifteen 5 x 7's for $500. I asked if I could take just one photo. They said the only way I could do one photo is by taking the canvas or the acrylic photo which was around $2400. NEVER ONCE, when I made the appt was it mentioned about the prices of the photos. No price mentioned until we saw the photos, then they drop it on you and you fall off your seat. The amount of time we spent taking pictures in there, we could have been going around to stations having our pictures taken by the RCCL photographers. We were cheated out of our time that night for pictures. UNLESS YOU HAVE BILLIONS OF BUCKS............................DO NOT WASTE YOUR TIME! Do RCCL pics instead. Just FYI:mad::mad::mad::mad::mad::mad: