White Dinner Jackets

Tina.w12

I've seen some white jackets on formal night on men (our friend wears one and looks very dapper).

DH got a great dinner suit from M&S at a very reasonable price. Material was very good quality but not too thick or heavy (good for the flight weight restrictions). Its a black suit of course but looks very smart.

The proportion of white DJs seems to depend on the number of regular cruisers. They tend mainly to be worn by the old hands who cruise frequently enough to justify buying a jacket which, whilst totallly appropriate for a cruise or dinner in warm climes, would be out of place at a black tie dinner in Britain.

I wear a white DJ and my wife thinks it looks fine. But I am thinking of investing in a black one too - they are v cheap at M&S - my father bought one there before doing a Cunard transatlantic cruise where he wore it every night. And it was good.

My hubby wears a white DJ on cruises, as my Dad handed it down to him!! (Dad no longer cruises, as now a widower.) Hubby also wears the aforementioned M&S dinner suit, an absolute bargain IMHO.

I am hoping he will get the occasion to wear both on our Canary Isles cruise next summer, our first with P&O!

Archived