Problem with Crown & Anchor Savings Certificates

atlast95

There are Crown & Anchor Savings Certificates for the July 28, 2013 Scandanavia and Russia cruise on Vision of the Seas. I booked two connecting cabins -- one for DH and me and one for DD (19). Each cabin has its own separate reservation number. We all have our own C&A membership numbers and we all have Savings Certificates in our own names for $200. I understand that only one Certificate can be applied to a cabin but when our TA submitted a Certificate for each cabin RCI told him they would only accept the one for our DD's reservation. Does that make sense? Has anyone had any experience with this type of situation?

Any advice would be much appreciated.

Doesn't make sense to me...if your daughter is eligible in her own right for the coupon she should be able to use it...maybe the TA needs to call back & talk to a supervisor....or ask for a 3 way call with RCL to see what reason they are giving...

There are Crown & Anchor Savings Certificates for the July 28, 2013 Scandanavia and Russia cruise on Vision of the Seas. I booked two connecting cabins -- one for DH and me and one for DD (19). Each cabin has its own separate reservation number. We all have our own C&A membership numbers and we all have Savings Certificates in our own names for $200. I understand that only one Certificate can be applied to a cabin but when our TA submitted a Certificate for each cabin RCI told him they would only accept the one for our DD's reservation. Does that make sense? Has anyone had any experience with this type of situation?

Any advice would be much appreciated.

If another discount was applied to your room - balcony discount? - they can't apply the Savings Certificate until the other discount is taken off. If it is not that.....can't see a reason for this.

Your daughter's cabin DID receive the discount, and yours did not - that is the way I am reading it?

Has anyone had any experience with this type of situation? Any advice would be much appreciated.

Had the exact same thing happen today for our January cruise. C&A initially approved it on the second cabin, then they rescinded it. Bottom line in my case is that with all the price cuts the cruise is a bargain. I won't kick because the $50 net difference won't make or break our budget or our anticipated enjoyment, and I'm not going to get worked up over it. RCI has always been good to us in the past - this cruise included a de facto upgrade. I think their margins are shrinking in this dreadful worldwide economy. Call C&A and talk it out, and maybe they'll agree with your point of view. In the absence of the coupon, would you still be going to Russia? I bet I know the answer...keep it in proportion.

Just in case it's something to do with your daughters age I would switch it do that you and her are in one cabin and DH is the another

If you're over 55 and there's a senior discount later on you'd be able to apply it to both cabins as well

I submitted 4 savings cert for our upcoming Hawaii cruise and so far they've only applied my cabin's so it could just be a timing thing as well...

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Just in case it's something to do with your daughters age I would switch it do that you and her are in one cabin and DH is the another

If you're over 55 and there's a senior discount later on you'd be able to apply it to both cabins as well

I submitted 4 savings cert for our upcoming Hawaii cruise and so far they've only applied my cabin's so it could just be a timing thing as well...

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I wondered if it would make a difference if I switched it around so I was in the cabin with my daughter.

Do you think the savings cert could be combined with a senior discount if it should come available? I thought the cert could not be combined with any other discount.

My TA just added the code to my ressies -- did you send the actual certificates to RCI? Should I do that on my own?

I wondered if it would make a difference if I switched it around so I was in the cabin with my daughter.

Do you think the savings cert could be combined with a senior discount if it should come available? I thought the cert could not be combined with any other discount.

My TA just added the code to my ressies -- did you send the actual certificates to RCI? Should I do that on my own?

I booked directly with Royal so I just faxed them all in myself at the same time... that's what makes it odd that they've only applied 1/4 to the reservations so far. I emailed C&A but they emailed back they can't discuss reservations via email so i'd have to call...??? They don't expire until the end of this month so I re-faxed the staterooms that hadn't been applied yet and i'll call if they're not on there by this weekend.

Definitely move yourselves around so that you can apply a senior's discount if it comes up to both cabins... surprised your TA didn't do that automatically.

In our group of 8 we have 2 Emeralds, 1 Platinum and 5 Golds of which 6 are seniors so I spread everyone out so that we could get the best benefit of any future discounts and current savings certificates. I'm Platinum but not a senior so i'm booked with one of the Gold Seniors... split the Emeralds up with 1 Gold each etc etc and when the time comes we'll just switch around and go in the rooms we initially intended.

Thanks for the tip on using the senior discount. I will be turning 55 in March and the cruise is in July so I will be looking out for that discount.

I emailed RCI about the savings cert but sounds like I will have to follow up with a phone call. I will ask them if moving us around would allow me to apply a cert to each cabin.

I booked directly with Royal so I just faxed them all in myself at the same time... that's what makes it odd that they've only applied 1/4 to the reservations so far. I emailed C&A but they emailed back they can't discuss reservations via email so i'd have to call...??? They don't expire until the end of this month so I re-faxed the staterooms that hadn't been applied yet and i'll call if they're not on there by this weekend.

Definitely move yourselves around so that you can apply a senior's discount if it comes up to both cabins... surprised your TA didn't do that automatically.

In our group of 8 we have 2 Emeralds, 1 Platinum and 5 Golds of which 6 are seniors so I spread everyone out so that we could get the best benefit of any future discounts and current savings certificates. I'm Platinum but not a senior so i'm booked with one of the Gold Seniors... split the Emeralds up with 1 Gold each etc etc and when the time comes we'll just switch around and go in the rooms we initially intended.

Since I am the only one who will be a senior at the time of the cruise I'm thinking it doesn't really matter which of the connecting cabins I am in?

We have two reservation numbers so would the senior discount only apply to one?

Since I am the only one who will be a senior at the time of the cruise I'm thinking it doesn't really matter which of the connecting cabins I am in?

We have two reservation numbers so would the senior discount only apply to one?

Correct..the Sr. discount would only be appled to whichever cabin you were booked in..."BUT" there is no gty that a sr. discount will show up...

< Back to Onboard Policies

Onboard Policies

Print This Page

Q: What is Royal Caribbean International's Age Policy?

A: No Guest younger than the age twenty-one (21) will be assigned to a stateroom unless accompanied in the same stateroom by an adult twenty-one (21) years old or older. A guest's age is established upon the first date of sailing.

This age limit will be waived for children sailing with their parents or guardians in connecting staterooms; for underage married couples; and for active duty members of the United States or Canadian military.

Certain other restrictions and conditions will apply; such as compliance with the age twenty-one (21) alcohol policy, and proof of marriage for underage couples or proof of active duty military status.required).

So you need to call them and get this taken care of....that is only why one cert is used. I was sure there was an age thing...nothing wrong with her having her own cabin but one of you has to be assigned to her cabin and then you are also going to have to pay a single amount for one of the cabins. I imagine this is what is being applied to you as you probably have connecting cabins and as she is underage for her own cabin only one cert can be applied? Hope you get this figured out. Let us know.

Had the exact same thing happen today for our January cruise. C&A initially approved it on the second cabin' date=' then they rescinded it. Bottom line in my case is that with all the price cuts the cruise is a bargain. I won't kick because the $50 net difference won't make or break our budget or our anticipated enjoyment, and I'm not going to get worked up over it. RCI has always been good to us in the past - this cruise included a de facto upgrade. I think their margins are shrinking in this dreadful worldwide economy. Call C&A and talk it out, and maybe they'll agree with your point of view. In the absence of the coupon, would you still be going to Russia? I bet I know the answer...keep it in proportion.[/quote']

I agree about not got too worked up over something like this and I am trying to keep some perspective. It is just that I would like to know WHY they will apply the discount to one cabin and not the other. It is a $200 difference in my case and since my daughter(18) is paying for her own trip every little bit hleps.

Besides, if a cruise line offers something shouldn't they deliver or explain why not? Just saying.

I called Crown & Anchor customer service yesterday and was told there was no reason why a certificate cannot be applied to each cabin?! My TA is going to try to submit again so we will see what happens.

I disagree with it being an age thing with your DD. I have had my kids, both of whom were under 21 at the time, in a separate cabin and applied coupons to both. Do you both have the same category of cabin? Is there any other difference between the cabins you have? Sometimes coupons are only good for certain types of cabins. Are you both the same C&A level (or at least represented that way in the RCI computers)?

If you both have the same exact cabin type definitely call RCI and get an answer from them.

For those that aren't aware you can have your kids in a different cabin than the parents regardless of age as long as the cabins are next to or directly across the hall from each other. And yes, it can be booked this way, have done it many times.

I disagree with it being an age thing with your DD. I have had my kids, both of whom were under 21 at the time, in a separate cabin and applied coupons to both. Do you both have the same category of cabin? Is there any other difference between the cabins you have? Sometimes coupons are only good for certain types of cabins. Are you both the same C&A level (or at least represented that way in the RCI computers)?

If you both have the same exact cabin type definitely call RCI and get an answer from them.

For those that aren't aware you can have your kids in a different cabin than the parents regardless of age as long as the cabins are next to or directly across the hall from each other. And yes, it can be booked this way, have done it many times.

I don't think it is an age thing either with my daughter. It was her cabin they applied the savings certificate to not my husband's and mine. The cabins are connecting and so are right next to each other, are in the same category, are the same fare.

We are all Crown and Anchor members at the same level.

Called RCI and the representative said she couldn't see any reason why

a savings cert couldn't be applied to both cabins. She suggested to have the TA try submitting again which I have asked him to do.

I don't think it is an age thing either with my daughter. It was her cabin they applied the savings certificate to not my husband's and mine. The cabins are connecting and so are right next to each other, are in the same category, are the same fare.

We are all Crown and Anchor members at the same level.

Called RCI and the representative said she couldn't see any reason why

a savings cert couldn't be applied to both cabins. She suggested to have the TA try submitting again which I have asked him to do.

I have been having trouble as well - but mainly because when I emailed them - I didn't get the automated response that they had received them. Didn't get the error message back that I had sent to an incorrect email address either. Yesterday the CA rep emailed them in for me (we are still booked with RC) - so we will see. I was told that it could take a long time for them to be applied, but at least I know they got them before the deadline now.

I have been having trouble as well - but mainly because when I emailed them - I didn't get the automated response that they had received them. Didn't get the error message back that I had sent to an incorrect email address either. Yesterday the CA rep emailed them in for me (we are still booked with RC) - so we will see. I was told that it could take a long time for them to be applied, but at least I know they got them before the deadline now.

I am thinking about emailing them myself even though I am booked with a TA just to make sure RCI has them. They did apply the one to my daughter's cabin right away so I am now wondering if it is just taking longer for my cabin. Would you let me know if you get yours resolved?

I am thinking about emailing them myself even though I am booked with a TA just to make sure RCI has them. They did apply the one to my daughter's cabin right away so I am now wondering if it is just taking longer for my cabin. Would you let me know if you get yours resolved?

From what I understand, it might take quite a while to be applied. I can let you know if I see anything has been applied to our account.

I think it wouldn't hurt to email directly....

From what I understand, it might take quite a while to be applied. I can let you know if I see anything has been applied to our account.

I think it wouldn't hurt to email directly....

Yes, I think I will email -- better to be safe than sorry!

Archived