Coffee Cards

Love Cruises

I was a little surprised that the video said they do that. It is a matter of capacity and they can only produce so much with on board equipment so I doubt that they would be able to process the water again on board.

Maybe the run it through a end process filter; one can only hope.....

I was a little surprised that the video said they do that. It is a matter of capacity and they can only produce so much with on board equipment so I doubt that they would be able to process the water again on board.

It also is a matter of cost. In some ports acceptable water is available at lower cost than if Princess processed seawater.

Had a chuckle about your comment not drinking sugar and lemon in tea. Down here in the South, we use both. It is our national drink. We have a hard time when we go north with the small amount of ice added. I have to order a glass of ice and then add the tea. We do learn to compensate;)

My mom and sister live in Arkansas. When I first visited, the sweet/unsweet thing seemed weird. Now I know to specify unsweet, though often the servers will recognize my non-Southern accent and assume unsweet.

We just got back from our Vancouver-LA 7 day coastal cruise and bought a coffee card. We didn't use all the punches but made use of the free speciality teas. The person at the international cafe on deck 5 give us some sample tea bags to take home to enjoy. Also there are other speciality lattes -vanilla bean, white and hot chocolate, caramel and the standard cafe latte.

It also is a matter of cost. In some ports acceptable water is available at lower cost than if Princess processed seawater.
The video made it appear to be an issue of capacity but cost is always a consideration. That was the first I had heard that Princess does take on fresh water from shore at times.

The video made it appear to be an issue of capacity but cost is always a consideration. That was the first I had heard that Princess does take on fresh water from shore at times.

I would think that the capacity to process salt water to fresh is seldom a problem.

The trans-Atlantic cruises often go 6 or 7 days between ports and there is no shortage of fresh water. And the port they do stop at may not be a good source for bringing water onboard.

And since a port can be missed for various reasons, the ship may go 10 days between actual ports.

I would think that the capacity to process salt water to fresh is seldom a problem.

The trans-Atlantic cruises often go 6 or 7 days between ports and there is no shortage of fresh water. And the port they do stop at may not be a good source for bringing water onboard.

And since a port can be missed for various reasons, the ship may go 10 days between actual ports.

You points are valid but I was just stating what was in the Princess video onboard the Golden last month about being capacity driven.

• 2 weeks later...

I'll be purchasing a coffee card for my wife. Has anybody done a pre-purchase of the card? I see that Princess has an order form but I'm wondering if the order actually works or if it's like requesting a robe in advance that doesn't automagically materialize.

I'd like to just buy the card now and have it waiting in our room when we board. Has anybody done this? Does it actually work?

I'll be purchasing a coffee card for my wife. Has anybody done a pre-purchase of the card? I see that Princess has an order form but I'm wondering if the order actually works or if it's like requesting a robe in advance that doesn't automagically materialize.

I'd like to just buy the card now and have it waiting in our room when we board. Has anybody done this? Does it actually work?

I haven't done it as they always have the table set up for soda and coffee card purchases as soon as you get up to the buffet area. I'd rather have the card in my hand than have to go through the hassle of tracking it down if it isn't left in your room.

I haven't done it as they always have the table set up for soda and coffee card purchases as soon as you get up to the buffet area.

Agree. It is so easy to get one onboard it is not worth the effort to purchase in advance.

It isn't as if they will run out of them.

Appreciate the input. Sounds like a no-brainer to get it once on board. I only asked because I wanted to pay for it in advance but, since it sounds like simplicity itself to get it once onboard, I'll just let them tack it onto my room fees along with everything else.

My H bought his card on board on embarkation day and got a really handy stainless to-go cup for a buck. There were tables in quite a few locations. He used up his last punch the last full day of the cruise so for him it was a good value and now he has another stainless to go "cup" for his car. I'll drink any coffee so didn't get a card, but ended up buying a larger to go container in the first port...those coffee cups from room service are just too darn tiny.

I'm wondering if one is still able to use cards from previous cruises.

Mt last card, I used about half my punches.

I recall the old policy was that as long as the card was not "full", you can still use the card on other cruises until it was all used.

I hope so, but if not, I'll buy another one....

We just got off the Sapphire this morning, when we arrived on the 13th we went to have pizza and the waiter who brought us our tea also took care of our coffee card. No stress they will come to you the first day.

Someone tried to use a card from another trip and they gave her the coffee but told her that she can no longer use that card and perhaps she should like to to purchase a new one.

We just got off the Sapphire this morning, when we arrived on the 13th we went to have pizza and the waiter who brought us our tea also took care of our coffee card. No stress they will come to you the first day.

Someone tried to use a card from another trip and they gave her the coffee but told her that she can no longer use that card and perhaps she should like to to purchase a new one.

We just got off the Pacific Princess. The coffee card that we had stated on it that it could be used on other ships but the brewed coffee and tea were not transferrable. I wonder if each ship is using differnt paper stock for coffee cards?

I'm wondering if one is still able to use cards from previous cruises.

Mt last card, I used about half my punches.

I recall the old policy was that as long as the card was not "full", you can still use the card on other cruises until it was all used.

I hope so, but if not, I'll buy another one....

We have just got off the Dawn Princess. We had two coffee cards from previous cruises. We must have had very nice crew members on the coffee bar because they changed our old cards for new ones and clipped the same number of punches so we lost nothing. (So we could still get the freebies!!)

The new coffee cards have the name of the ship and the cruise number on them. They will provide free brewed coffee, tea and hot chocolate on that cruise only. Any unpunched content can be used on the next cruise but they will not give free brewed coffee, tea or hot chocolate. These will cost a punch on the old card.

I believe the coffee cards are good value for money.

They are a great deal...even though some on these boards really complain that they can no longer be used cruise after cruise for the free brewed coffee.

On the Sapphire last week they only used one punch regardless of the size or type of beverage...you could get large size, double shot, added flavorings, etc, and it was still only one punch...seem to remember on prior cruises that they used to take two punches for some of the beverages above.

I have asked on a previous thread without a reply Please can you advise if the coffee bars in the cruise ships now have Chai Latte as part of their service and if so is it included in the coffee card?:confused:;)

I have asked on a previous thread without a reply Please can you advise if the coffee bars in the cruise ships now have Chai Latte as part of their service and if so is it included in the coffee card?:confused:;)

Yvonne, I know that you are trying to get an answer to this. I have made a sticky note to remind me to ask this question on my New Year's cruise in case you are still waiting for an answer. Hopefully, you will get an answer before then but if not, I'll email you when I get back.

Sorry can't help you Yvonne as we don't drink Chai Latte

On my last cruise, at IC, when the waiter punched the last coffee on my card he said that he had to keep it. I wonder about this since if it is a card for the present cruise, brewed coffee should still be available with the card and if it is a card from a past cruise, it is just not good anymore for anything, so why would he need to keep it ?

Archived