Diamond event /Diamond lounge / Concierge

MAJ

I am a little confused as what the difference is I am Diamond 6 short of diamond+

On the last few of my cruises Navagitor/Adventure/Voyager all transalantic I went each night to the Ixtapa /Imperial/Cleopatra's Needle lounges on each ship all guarded by 2 staff checking sea passes free wine soft drinks no food if I wanted a Sauvignon Blanc instead of the house wine it was charged less 25% was this a Diamond event

On brilliance & Jewel in the Med it was held in the Viking Lounge same thing

I am sailing in October on Liberty but I think I am reading in this forum Diamond get free Cappuccino during the day

Now my friends on Brilliance with us in July Diamond+ went to the Concierge lounge on deck 10 for this I tried to swipe my sea pass at the door but it didn't work

Please someone explain

Thanks

Diamond members on the Freedom Class ships have access to the Diamond Lounge. D+ has access to the Concierge Lounge. The Diamond lounge of those ships has floor to ceiling windows while the concierge Lounge is in the middle of the ship and windowless. Both have a nightly cocktail hour from 5pm til 8;30. There is a cappuccino machine in the Diamond lounge, don't know about in the concierge on those ship.

Diamond members on the Freedom Class ships have access to the Diamond Lounge. D+ has access to the Concierge Lounge. The Diamond lounge of those ships has floor to ceiling windows while the concierge Lounge is in the middle of the ship and windowless. Both have a nightly cocktail hour from 5pm til 8;30. There is a cappuccino machine in the Diamond lounge, don't know about in the concierge on those ship.

Ships with dedicated Diamond Lounges have coffee machines. All Concierge Lounges have a coffee machine. If there is no Diamond Lounge and only a Diamond event each night in a lounge area, there will be no coffee machines available to D members in the CL (only D+, Pinnacle and suite guests)

I am a little confused as what the difference is I am Diamond 6 short of diamond+

On the last few of my cruises Navagitor/Adventure/Voyager all transalantic I went each night to the Ixtapa /Imperial/Cleopatra's Needle lounges on each ship all guarded by 2 staff checking sea passes free wine soft drinks no food if I wanted a Sauvignon Blanc instead of the house wine it was charged less 25% was this a Diamond event

On brilliance & Jewel in the Med it was held in the Viking Lounge same thing

I am sailing in October on Liberty but I think I am reading in this forum Diamond get free Cappuccino during the day

Now my friends on Brilliance with us in July Diamond+ went to the Concierge lounge on deck 10 for this I tried to swipe my sea pass at the door but it didn't work

Please someone explain

Thanks

Brilliance and Jewel do not have dedicated Diamond Lounges as of yet. both ships only offer the Concierge Lounge which is available to Suite Guests, Diamond Plus and Pinnacle Club Members.

Your friends who are Diamond Plus had their SeaPass card programmed to open both their stateroom and Concierge Lounge but because you are still Diamond, your SeaPass Card was not programmed the same.

On Liberty, there is a dedicated Diamond Lounge that offers the same amenities as the Concierge Lounge does including the Specialty Coffee Machine available 24/7, Continental Breakfast in the mornings and Cocktail hour between 5-8:30 each evening.

Your SeaPass card will be programmed to enter only the Diamond Lounge. If you are cruising with the same friends then their SeaPass Cards will be programmed to open both the Concierge as well as Diamond Lounge.

Ships with dedicated Diamond Lounges have coffee machines. All Concierge Lounges have a coffee machine. If there is no Diamond Lounge and only a Diamond event each night in a lounge area, there will be no coffee machines available to D members in the CL (only D+, Pinnacle and suite guests)

Also, for ships that do not have a dedicated Diamond Lounge, there is a special D/D+ breakfast held in the MDR where Specialty Coffee is available at no additional charge.

Also, for ships that do not have a dedicated Diamond Lounge, there is a special D/D+ breakfast held in the MDR where Specialty Coffee is available at no additional charge.

Just back from the TA on Brilliance!!! The diamond lounge was on deck 13, as the diamond+ lounge and diamond guests had the same drinks choices as the Diamond+!!!

The only difference was: NO appetizers!!!

The seapass cards were checked every nights at both lounges!

Never used the concierge!!! The cappuccino machine did not work...:(

The D/D+ breakfast was very good and very well attended!!!

Just back from the TA on Brilliance!!! The diamond lounge was on deck 13, as the diamond+ lounge and diamond guests had the same drinks choices as the Diamond+!!!

That certainly wasn't the case on our TA on Jewel. Consider yourself lucky, because though you might have missed 2 ports on your cruise, the Diamond Members certainly got preferential treatment. This is a prime example of the inconsistency amongst the ships in the fleet.:mad:

Hi cruisenfever, i am a little confused. you show on your page the pinnacle logo and than you say 450 nights on RCL. i thought pinnacle was 700 nights.:confused:

Hi cruisenfever, i am a little confused. you show on your page the pinnacle logo and than you say 450 nights on RCL. i thought pinnacle was 700 nights.:confused:

One can have more points than nights at seas. any nights in a JS or higher earn 2 points. Also, some people with short cruises years ago, did well when Royal caribbean converted fro "credits" to "points". some people have picked up points during Diamonds in December.

OP, it sound like you will experience a DL and soon will be D+ and have your choice of CL or DL (on ship's so equipped). Have fun.

That certainly wasn't the case on our TA on Jewel. Consider yourself lucky, because though you might have missed 2 ports on your cruise, the Diamond Members certainly got preferential treatment. This is a prime example of the inconsistency amongst the ships in the fleet.:mad:

I agree with the inconsistency amongst the ships / on Brilliance in July this year 2 ladies at our table 1 Diamond the other on just her second cruise with RCCL both used the Diamond lounge every night for free wine no staff ever at the door on that cruise to check

The lady on her second cruise carried a glass of wine to the dining room table every night

Hi Franca , glad you got home okay, it was lovely to see you again after nearly 4 years.

Just to clarify. On the first night in the Starquest ( Diamond event) we went to see the Bar tender Norman. We were about to leave as I drink G&Ts when Balraj the bar manager said to us that to relieve crowding in the Hollywood Odyssey and CL he was allowing D+ guests to have a full bar at no charge but you had to show your card to the servers. Norman ( Bar tender ) knows we are D+ so not a problem but we did see other guests having to show their cards if they wanted anything else other than the "D" drinks . The majority of guests in Starquest were drinking wine or Champagne anyway and my experience is after a few days the servers can't be bothered checking the cards so serve whatever is requested , within reason;). I didn't miss the appetisers as I rarely eat them.

As for the coffee machine breaking down towards the end of the cruise ,on the 3 rd or 4th to last day I think , we could get the equivalent coffees at Lattetudes for no charge which was nice.

This one of the items that was addressed in the change from cruises to nights for C&A benefits. Under the old system, people would get 1 cruise credit if the cruise was 3, 4 or 7 nights. So under the conversion they assumed all cruises were a week in length. So this, combined with double points for suites and other promotions account for how you get to 700 points but only 450 actual nights.

:)

This one of the items that was addressed in the change from cruises to nights for C&A benefits. Under the old system, people would get 1 cruise credit if the cruise was 3, 4 or 7 nights. So under the conversion they assumed all cruises were a week in length. So this, combined with double points for suites and other promotions account for how you get to 700 points but only 450 actual nights.

OK---that clears it up

• 1 month later...
If you are in a suite, but not Diamond or higher you can´t use the DL. If you are in a suite and Diamond or higher it´s your choice.

It's complicated!

I'm Diamond, but my friend is not - therefore she can go into CL as being in a Suite and I can go into either. It is a shame as the DL is usually far nicer than the CL. We are on Liberty.

It's complicated!

I'm Diamond, but my friend is not - therefore she can go into CL as being in a Suite and I can go into either. It is a shame as the DL is usually far nicer than the CL. We are on Liberty.

If you are in a junior suite neither of you can use the CL. If you are in a Gand suite or higher, both of you should have full access. She should not be allowed to go in DC.

My mom is D+ and I am D...I could not use CL when traveling with her.

just off Oasis and overheard a discussion of this topic. we were in Blaze, the overflow for the Diamond lounge. the couple next to us (D) was talking to the D concierge about a future cruise with extended family. The guest wanted family (non D) to be able to use the D lounge with them. D concierge told her to book the family members in suites (six per suite). the guest was concerned about their privacy and sex lives if six shared a suite:eek: I was concerned whether they'd get in the CL but be denied DL. Evidently that D concierge would have let suites guests in DL, but I am not sure all would. as we chatted with the D guest, I mentioned my concerns and suggested they just buy specialty coffees and drinks rather than spring for suites.

Archived