Epic Cirque Dreams questions

jonbgd

I sailed on the epic in may we paid the $35 and I had the best seat in the house,unfortunately I got picked on by the clown and almost every other performer,so if like myself your a wall flower pick the seats furthest away from the central area where they perform,I have nightmares when I think of the clown giving me a spinning plate on a stick to hold and i dropped it on the table right into a dinner plate-oops! great show though especially the skaters!

• 2 weeks later...
I too wish this was just a show and not a dinner.

I've got the double whammy. A vegetarian AND allergic to shellfish.

I don't know anyone else in my regular daily life with shellfish allergies so I'm very glad to know I'm not alone out there!

You're never alone on CC!! ;)

But seriously, the server was VERY good......he insisted I could easily be accommodated, it really wasn't an issue to them!

Our DD is vegetarian, so we did the double whammy between us! :D

Back on the first western caribbean sailing (august 2010) the meal was fine. Not great, but certainly edible. It was a steak and chicken combo.

You're welcome!! :) It WAS pretty good.......and I'm fussy!! :o

I'm also allergic to shellfish and I was just going to have DH eat mine, but he happened to mention it to our server......and I got two lots of *turf* instead of *surf *.....how good was THAT! :)

Thanks that is good to know.

So it is only one set menu not a choice of entrees???

Thanks that is good to know.

So it is only one set menu not a choice of entrees???

Yes, but as indicated above there is a vegetarian option for those of us who cannot eat seafood or shellfish, we were given two portions of filet mignon.

We loved the meal and thought it was very good. The filet mignon tasted as the same as LeBistros.

I cannot wait to see this! This is one of the onboard activities we are really looking forward to.

For any of you suite guests, did any of you wait until you were on board to have the concierge book for you? Since pre-booking on the website now means we have to prepay, we would rather wait and let the concierge do our booking for this (and other activities) so we can use the OBC we have. Just wondering if you did this what your experience was and if you had any trouble booking the time preference for this show on board.

Thank you! :-)

I cannot wait to see this! This is one of the onboard activities we are really looking forward to.

For any of you suite guests, did any of you wait until you were on board to have the concierge book for you? Since pre-booking on the website now means we have to prepay, we would rather wait and let the concierge do our booking for this (and other activities) so we can use the OBC we have. Just wondering if you did this what your experience was and if you had any trouble booking the time preference for this show on board.

On our sailing, all Cirque times were sold out before sailing. We had an issue with our reservation (made 45 days out) and were willing to switch to any other available time, but the concierge was unable to find any availability. It was fine, though, she was able fix adjust our already confirmed reservation to get the seating we needed!

Robin

Ours is amost sold out and we are going to book onboard as well to utilize the OBC as well.

On our sailing, all Cirque times were sold out before sailing. We had an issue with our reservation (made 45 days out) and were willing to switch to any other available time, but the concierge was unable to find any availability. It was fine, though, she was able fix adjust our already confirmed reservation to get the seating we needed!

Robin

I was told they only release 25% and release the rest onboard. So hopefully that is the case since we arnt in a suite and wont be VIP to get onboard early to book.

Ours is amost sold out and we are going to book onboard as well to utilize the OBC as well.

I was told they only release 25% and release the rest onboard. So hopefully that is the case since we arnt in a suite and wont be VIP to get onboard early to book.

Hope you are right! We tried to change our reservation on sail away day, and that's when we found it was sold out! I had heard the same number (25%) but thought it only applied to restaurants.. I know we never did get a reservation for the late night comedy show, we waited until after boarding (actually day two or three for that one) and didn't get a seat..

Robin

Hope you are right! We tried to change our reservation on sail away day, and that's when we found it was sold out! I had heard the same number (25%) but thought it only applied to restaurants.. I know we never did get a reservation for the late night comedy show, we waited until after boarding (actually day two or three for that one) and didn't get a seat..

Robin

I hope Im right as well If not Im going to have a PO'd GF on the cruise:eek:

If you get shut out, get in the "stand by" line early early early. They will fill up the empty seats from no shows.

Thanks Mike, I hope it doesnt come to that. But if it does Im sure I will be waiting in line till she gets in:rolleyes:

I hope Im right as well If not Im going to have a PO'd GF on the cruise:eek:

Thanks Mike, I hope it doesnt come to that. But if it does Im sure I will be waiting in line till she gets in:rolleyes:

If your GF will truly be upset why not just book the show and use the $70 OBC on something else when you get onboard. There is an actual possibility that you won't be able to book it on board at all. Is risking the possibility of disappointment of missing a must see show for your GF really worth trying to use $70 of OBC?

So ive been searching and have a few questions

Can you see from the cheap seats or do you really need to pay $35pp?

Is the Balcony all premium seating now with the booths on the floor the cheap seats?.

Is there tables or booths for 8?

Are the seats on the balcony rail 2tops or 4 tops?

Do they assign seats prior to entrance or is it first come first serve and able to pick out actual seat location?

Anyone know the current menu?

I like the balcony seating. You can see everything. With no blockage.

If your GF will truly be upset why not just book the show and use the $70 OBC on something else when you get onboard. There is an actual possibility that you won't be able to book it on board at all. Is risking the possibility of disappointment of missing a must see show for your GF really worth trying to use $70 of OBC?

True, I agree with you, that is what we might do.

But I cant control how the other 6 people in our group want to spend thier OBC. She wants to do it with her friend and her friend doesnt want to prebook.

We all have alot of OBC. Our friend has alot more OBC since she has 3 cabins. The show for 3 cabins is $210 that doesnt even use one of the OBC's up.

They dont drink much and dont go to the spa. We are doing our own Shore tours.

So basically she is thinking she will lose the OBC since it is non refundable and cant be used towards the tips anymore.

So far only one night is sold out. On the night we wanted to go, the early time, is sold out.

If they only release 25% of the seats pre cruise and they arnt selling out.

While we might not get the original night we wanted, there are a couple other nights we dont have anything pre booked, we can do it on.

So my GF will have to make the choice. That way she wont be mad at me:D if she doesnt get what she wants

I will say doing all this preplanning for the cruise is not my favorite thing to do. Im a traditionalist when it comes to cruising. I like set dining times and go to whatever show is after dinner.

Im am looking forward to exploring the Epic and all its venues. Its just something new Im not used to

We did the premium seats, but didn't get in line early enough to sit on the balcony. We were downstairs and the show was great. I would not go with the cheap seats. Also, get there early so you can sit on the balcony.

There are no bad seats in the theater. I prefer the seats downstairs and with the action. You get the eye contact with the performers. They also fly above you so close that you can feel the breeze as they sail by in some acts.

We are getting ground level seats again. It feels like they are all performing just for you.

There are no bad seats in the theater. I prefer the seats downstairs and with the action. You get the eye contact with the performers. They also fly above you so close that you can feel the breeze as they sail by in some acts.

We are getting ground level seats again. It feels like they are all performing just for you.

I would say there are no bad PREMIUM seats but there are some disappointing views in some of the standard back booth seats.

• 3 months later...

So since I started this thread I will do the follow up as it might help others in the future

We did not prebook Cirque but I did pay close attention to what was available online for pre booking

We had been told they didnt sell all the tickets pre cruise and there should be alot available onboard.

When we boarded on Saturday we went directly to the ticket office to see what date and times were still available.

Guess what NOT TRUE they were sold out for Sunday night both shows

BTW we were onboard before noon

Maybe the concierge had them reserved for suite pax

We had already decided if we couldnt get our original choice of Sunday night, we would try to get weds night next, since that is an early port day

Not a problem we got 8 premium seats for weds early show(545p) WOOHOO

So after StThomas we were planning on being inline by 5pm well our friends did. We got there about 510p and they were already inside with about 30 people standing in the premium line.

As we were getting closer to going in my good friend came out and told us there were 2 chars waiting for us upstairs.

That was a good thing because when we started to enter the lady wanted to sit us downstairs and was directing us towards a table.

I let her know we wanted upstairs in the beginning but maybe she didnt hear me. I told her again we had seats upstairs and so then she pointed to the stairs

We wernt the only ones saving seats as another gentleman had 6 saved and another lady had a few as well. But the rest of the upstairs was full maybe 50 seats.

There was still alot open downstairs

The view from upstairs was awesome. Im sure sitting in the premium seats downstairs would have been fun. Some of the audience members participated in a couple skits.

I did have a couple performers next to me upstairs during several parts in the show either throwing props or the girl playing the trumpet.

The food was good, It was better than the dinners we had in the MDR. But it was still banquet style and not cooked to order.

The show was great and while Im not sure If we would see it again on the Epic We would see it on the Breakaway or Getaway

To anyone else thinking of doing the show I would Highly recommend

If you want a paticular show time or premium seating I would defiantly prebook as soon as your 45 day window opens

Thank you everyone for the help

So since I started this thread I will do the follow up as it might help others in the future

We did not prebook Cirque but I did pay close attention to what was available online for pre booking

We had been told they didnt sell all the tickets pre cruise and there should be alot available onboard.

When we boarded on Saturday we went directly to the ticket office to see what date and times were still available.

Guess what NOT TRUE they were sold out for Sunday night both shows

BTW we were onboard before noon

Maybe the concierge had them reserved for suite pax

We had already decided if we couldnt get our original choice of Sunday night, we would try to get weds night next, since that is an early port day

Not a problem we got 8 premium seats for weds early show(545p) WOOHOO

So after StThomas we were planning on being inline by 5pm well our friends did. We got there about 510p and they were already inside with about 30 people standing in the premium line.

As we were getting closer to going in my good friend came out and told us there were 2 chars waiting for us upstairs.

That was a good thing because when we started to enter the lady wanted to sit us downstairs and was directing us towards a table.

I let her know we wanted upstairs in the beginning but maybe she didnt hear me. I told her again we had seats upstairs and so then she pointed to the stairs

We wernt the only ones saving seats as another gentleman had 6 saved and another lady had a few as well. But the rest of the upstairs was full maybe 50 seats.

There was still alot open downstairs

The view from upstairs was awesome. Im sure sitting in the premium seats downstairs would have been fun. Some of the audience members participated in a couple skits.

I did have a couple performers next to me upstairs during several parts in the show either throwing props or the girl playing the trumpet.

The food was good, It was better than the dinners we had in the MDR. But it was still banquet style and not cooked to order.

The show was great and while Im not sure If we would see it again on the Epic We would see it on the Breakaway or Getaway

To anyone else thinking of doing the show I would Highly recommend

If you want a paticular show time or premium seating I would defiantly prebook as soon as your 45 day window opens

Thank you everyone for the help

Since you didn't see it on Sunday, do you think you missed out? Are Sunday and Wednesday the only days?

We're hoping to not have to book in advance so we can use our OBC.

Thanks

Archived