Why do people worry about what other paxs are wearing at dinner?

vols159

I could careless what other paxs are wearing at dinner Im there to eat not worry about what others are wearing! Does someone in shorts blue jeans on really make your food taste any different? No didn't think so.. Every single cruiser should worry about making there cruise special and not let others paxs ruin it by not wearing a tux or tie.. IF you ever cruise with me I won't wear a tie or jacket.. Nothing more than a golf type shirt for me..

AMEN!!!!! I wish more people had the same feelings as yourself. On Cruise Casual nights my dad and I will wear khaki shorts and a Polo shirt. We wear what is comfortable for us. We are on vacation....who cares what we wear ;)

Its all about how some people were raised by their parents or guardians, they were taught about obeying rules and regulations.

Don't you talk about my momma !

JK.. I wear a pressed dress shirt and tie or a polo and dress pants. I can't recall what anybody has ever worn to the MDR. Why ?... I just don't care what others are doing or wearing. I'm on MY vacation.

I do remember seeing a young couple walk out on the Lido in their big white bathrobes in the middle of the day, man they looked proud.

I wonder how many people who "complain" about how other's dress on a cruise do so in their shore life. And I wonder how many people do shore trips that lunch at a nice local restaurant and do so in their bathing suits, flip flops, oversized T, and baseball cap because they are doing casual for the day. Some people eating at that restaurant may be offended that non-locals (tourists) dress so darn casually with no respect for local customs (and I see that all the time) especially in European and Hawaiian ports).

Just like the port restaurants aren't going to ask their tourist customers to leave neither should a cruise line have to ask a paying customer. Dress codes are guides and "most" people abide by them. The few that don't aren't necessarily doing it to offend...they just don't see the importance of doing it.

So next time you are in port traipsing around with your belly fat hanging out or your boobs popping out of your swimsuit top and are eating in a nice local restaurant think twice...you are probably saying to yourself that you are on vacation and as long as you are spending money why should anyone be offended at how you look.

Absolutely 100 percent agree.

Also, for all those people writing "I could care less." I think what you're trying to say is you couldn't care less.

OK, grammar police!! :p After critiquing like that it's absolutely shocking to me that what others are wearing in the dining room of a budget cruise line!!! :rolleyes:

I wonder how many people who "complain" about how other's dress on a cruise do so in their shore life. And I wonder how many people do shore trips that lunch at a nice local restaurant and do so in their bathing suits' date=' flip flops, oversized T, and baseball cap because they are doing casual for the day. Some people eating at that restaurant may be offended that non-locals (tourists) dress so darn casually with no respect for local customs (and I see that all the time) especially in European and Hawaiian ports).

Just like the port restaurants aren't going to ask their tourist customers to leave neither should a cruise line have to ask a paying customer. Dress codes are guides and "most" people abide by them. The few that don't aren't necessarily doing it to offend...they just don't see the importance of doing it.

So next time you are in port traipsing around with your belly fat hanging out or your boobs popping out of your swimsuit top and are eating in a nice local restaurant think twice...you are probably saying to yourself that you are on vacation and as long as you are spending money why should anyone be offended at how you look.[/quote']

I honestly never looked at it that way! I promise you my belly fat does not see the light of day at home or on vacation, but you are completely right. I am definitely much more casual on the islands then I am in normal everyday life. If Carnival really did start enforcing their "recommendations" then they most likely would loose a lot of paying customers

I could careless what other paxs are wearing at dinner Im there to eat not worry about what others are wearing! Does someone in shorts blue jeans on really make your food taste any different? No didn't think so.. Every single cruiser should worry about making there cruise special and not let others paxs ruin it by not wearing a tux or tie.. IF you ever cruise with me I won't wear a tie or jacket.. Nothing more than a golf type shirt for me..

There are a couple 'dress' threads going right now, that you have contributed to. Haven't you read your answer there yet? Starting a new thread with the same question is unfortunately not going to yield you any different answers.

You don't have to wear a tie or jacket, so I don't understand all the fuss.

On the Freedom this past August, there was a couple standing next to us waiting to go into dinner at the MDR. They obviously had just come from the pool and had bathing suits on (lady had a wrap on and man wearing a t-shirt and swim trunks. The worst part is they smelled of BO and and musty clothes smell. Just shows how much class some people have. Flame on.

On the Freedom this past August, there was a couple standing next to us waiting to go into dinner at the MDR. They obviously had just come from the pool and had bathing suits on (lady had a wrap on and man wearing a t-shirt and swim trunks. The worst part is they smelled of BO and and musty clothes smell. Just shows how much class some people have. Flame on.

Unfortunately you don't have to be dressed bad to smell like BO. It has nothing to do with dress, it's all about bathing on a regular basis and washing or dry cleaning your clothes, even you suits, tux and fancy dresses.

Sent from my LePanII using Tapatalk 2

How about the dress at the local redlobster olive garden tgi fridays applebees instead of the taco bell? I wear the same thing on a ship That i would wear to the olive garden

Well, I would hope I wouldn't see you at the Olive Garden in gym shorts, a wife beater and flip-flops.

Maybe for the same reason you are worrying about what other people are 'worrying' about? I dunno, just an opinion.

OK, grammar police!! :p After critiquing like that it's absolutely shocking to me that what others are wearing in the dining room of a budget cruise line!!! :rolleyes:

Taste, class and style has nothing to do with your budget. I can be the best dressed, most tasteful woman in the room AFTER shopping at my favorite consignment shop (used clothing).

Maybe for the same reason you are worrying about what other people are 'worrying' about? I dunno, just an opinion.
As I post this there are 4, yes 4 separate threads on this topic.

sheesh - why do people on CC care. This topic is taking valuable space away from alcohol smuggling threads.:rolleyes:

OMG!!! HaHaHa!!

Cruising as a whole has historically indicated you were/are a part of the elite of society. At one time, only the wealthy could afford to cruise. Therefore, the elegant nights were a chance to be just that. As cruising has become affordable to more and more people, the idea of it only being available to the elite is gone. Therefore, a good portion of the passengers are on a cruise because they can "afford" it, and not because they are rich. Therefore, they don't buy into the "elegant" nights. There are "higher class" cruise lines that will insist on adhering to the dress policy but they will indeed cost much more. When you purchase a cruise on Carnival, you are getting a great bargain and not paying for an ultra elite cruise where people adhere to the "elegant" lifestyle. I have no problem with that. I know what I'm getting when I go on Carnival. Myself and my wife always dress up for the elegant nights and wear business casual for normal dinner nights. But hey, that's just us. I don't care what anyone else wears.

I'm surprised this topic gets so much attention. Carnival has a very lenient dress code. It's their ship and their rules. If you find the rules to be too strict, you can always opt for another cruiseline with a more relaxed dress code.

Comments that some make about it being their vacation and they'll dress anyway they want are ridiculous. You can't just come on the ship and do whatever you want just because you've paid a few thousand dollars. There are all sorts of rules and regulations that are made for the benefit of everyone. For example, kids are allowed in the Serenity area; you can't smoke wherever you want on the ship; you can't reserve chairs for longer than 40 minutes now. Their are rules about what you can bring onboard. The dress code is just one rule among many.

If someone comes in the dining room on elegant night with shorts, t-shirt, and beach flip flops on I expect them to be refused admisson. I'm not offended by what they have on; I'm offended that they are acting as if they are somehow special and the rules the rest of us are expected follow don't apply to them.

Here's the dress code:

Cruise Casual Dining Dress Code: Gentlemen - Sport slacks, khakis, jeans (no cut-offs), dress shorts (long), collared sport shirts; Ladies - Casual dresses, casual skirts or pants and blouses, summer dresses, Capri pants, dress shorts, jeans (no cut-offs).

Not permitted in the dining room during the Cruise Casual dinner for ladies and gentlemen: shorts, gym shorts, basketball shorts, beach flip-flops, bathing suit attire, cut-off jeans, sleeveless shirts for men and baseball hats.

Cruise Elegant Dining Dress Code: Gentlemen - Dress slacks, dress shirts. We also suggest a sport coat. If you wish to wear suits and ties or tuxedos, by all means we invite you to do so. Ladies - Cocktail dresses, pantsuits, elegant skirts and blouses; if you‘d like to show off your evening gowns, that's great too!

Not permitted in the dining room during the Cruise Elegant dinner for ladies and gentlemen: shorts, gym shorts, T-shirts, beach flip-flops, bathing suit attire, jeans, cut-off jeans, sleeveless shirts for men, sportswear, and baseball hats.

I'm surprised this topic gets so much attention. Carnival has a very lenient dress code. It's their ship and their rules. If you find the rules to be too strict, you can always opt for another cruiseline with a more relaxed dress code.

Comments that some make about it being their vacation and they'll dress anyway they want are ridiculous. You can't just come on the ship and do whatever you want just because you've paid a few thousand dollars. There are all sorts of rules and regulations that are made for the benefit of everyone. For example, kids are allowed in the Serenity area; you can't smoke wherever you want on the ship; you can't reserve chairs for longer than 40 minutes now. Their are rules about what you can bring onboard. The dress code is just one rule among many.

If someone comes in the dining room on elegant night with shorts, t-shirt, and beach flip flops on I expect them to be refused admisson. I'm not offended by what they have on; I'm offended that they are acting as if they are somehow special and the rules the rest of us are expected follow don't apply to them.

Here's the dress code:

Cruise Casual Dining Dress Code: Gentlemen - Sport slacks, khakis, jeans (no cut-offs), dress shorts (long), collared sport shirts; Ladies - Casual dresses, casual skirts or pants and blouses, summer dresses, Capri pants, dress shorts, jeans (no cut-offs).

Not permitted in the dining room during the Cruise Casual dinner for ladies and gentlemen: shorts, gym shorts, basketball shorts, beach flip-flops, bathing suit attire, cut-off jeans, sleeveless shirts for men and baseball hats.

Cruise Elegant Dining Dress Code: Gentlemen - Dress slacks, dress shirts. We also suggest a sport coat. If you wish to wear suits and ties or tuxedos, by all means we invite you to do so. Ladies - Cocktail dresses, pantsuits, elegant skirts and blouses; if you‘d like to show off your evening gowns, that's great too!

Not permitted in the dining room during the Cruise Elegant dinner for ladies and gentlemen: shorts, gym shorts, T-shirts, beach flip-flops, bathing suit attire, jeans, cut-off jeans, sleeveless shirts for men, sportswear, and baseball hats.

Wall/head/banging...

It's like punkin chunkin, without all the class...

Absolutely 100 percent agree.

Also, for all those people writing "I could care less." I think what you're trying to say is you couldn't care less.

Thank you so much for saying that. It bothers me too It's just lazy speak. It's easier to say could rather than couldn't. It's amazing to me how many people use "your" when they mean "you're". I get gas at a nearby convenience store sometimes and they have a message scrolling on the pump screen that says: come inside and get milk and bread while your here.

Archived