Immigration/Customs - which airport? - Atl-CDG-VCE

fgc15527

This is our first cruise going out of Europe and I was wondering at which airport will we need to go through immigration/customs? We are travelling on Delta - ATL - CDG - Venice

I contacted Delta this morning and they said we will not need to do it prior to our connection in Paris to Venice but will need to do it when we arrive in Venice. I just want to confirm with people that have done this trip that we don't need to go through immigration in Paris. I called Delta again this morning because I am very concerned about our 70 minute connection.

They assured me for the second time that this is enough time - but I just want to understand everything prior to leaving on this trip.

Thanks

According to my research for our flight from ATL - CDG - VCE we will arrive in CDG at terminal 2G and our flight to Venice will be out of terminal 2E. We have a 70 minute connection that Delta has assured me will be enough time (I have called them twice about it - and have had them check with a supervisor both times). This is our first time doing this type of flight and I didn't know CDG was such a difficult airport to connect through or I wouldn't have booked this flight.

So I was wondering if anyone can give me any pointers on transfering between these terminals - I did print the airport map off and see that I need to use the N2 bus shuttle.

Thanks for your help.

This is our first cruise going out of Europe and I was wondering at which airport will we need to go through immigration/customs? We are travelling on Delta - ATL - CDG - Venice

I contacted Delta this morning and they said we will not need to do it prior to our connection in Paris to Venice but will need to do it when we arrive in Venice. I just want to confirm with people that have done this trip that we don't need to go through immigration in Paris. I called Delta again this morning because I am very concerned about our 70 minute connection.

They assured me for the second time that this is enough time - but I just want to understand everything prior to leaving on this trip.

Thanks

You'll do immigration in Paris. 70 minutes is tight for CDG - but doable. Just keep moving. Not saying it won't be stressful. Usually the flights get in early - that will give you some more time. Recommend going to Tripadvisor and doing some searches or asking questions on the Paris board there. Also the Cruise Air board on CC might be able to help.

When we flew Delta/KLM Detroit-Amsterdam-Rome, our checked bags went straight through to Rome, but we had to go through Immigration and Security in AMS. I suspect it will the same for ATL/CDG/VCE. I'm sure you will see additional comments about the 70 min connect time.

Immigration refers to you & your passport, you'll do immigration at CDG as it'll be your first entry point to EU

Customs refers to what you're bringing with you, you'll probably do that in Venice, as your bags will go strait thru there (in other words, they won't be available for Customs in Paris.

70 minutes is very tight, but, like the other posters said, keep moving, when you get to the immigration area, they may be checking tickets & ushering those with sooner flights to special lines, be sure to check for this, & good luck!

According to my research for our flight from ATL - CDG - VCE we will arrive in CDG at terminal 2G and our flight to Venice will be out of terminal 2E. We have a 70 minute connection that Delta has assured me will be enough time (I have called them twice about it - and have had them check with a supervisor both times). This is our first time doing this type of flight and I didn't know CDG was such a difficult airport to connect through or I wouldn't have booked this flight.

So I was wondering if anyone can give me any pointers on transfering between these terminals - I did print the airport map off and see that I need to use the N2 bus shuttle.

Thanks for your help.

Are you certain it means a shuttle? When we did an Air France international to an Air France europe last year (Barcelona) in terminal 2 it was just a skywalk between letters....a looooonggggg sky walk, with immigration and security checks along the way.

Love Air France - but CDG isn't the best connection airport in Europe. That said, we're doing it again in November (CDG to FCO), but with more time than you have and more time than we had last year (80 minutes if my memory is correct). We had plenty of time to make our flight last year (incoming flight was early and flight going out was late).

Next question....are you flying in the day of your cruise? CDG will have many flights that can get you to your destination as long as you have some time to make the cruise.

They are calling it a public bus on their terminal map but I do see the skywalk on their map too.

We are flying in the day before the cruise and the ship spends the first night docked in Venice - so that makes me feel better considering we may miss this flight to Venice.

Your 70 is short. Check for a couple a days, the arrival time of your flight, gates used, and the same for your next flight. Print out a map of cdg. Also check into later flight from cdg to vce. There should be more throughout the day. I know this is over kill but will sent your mind at easy as you hurry on. Hopefully, you know a couple of French phases, this can also help.

Thanks for your help.

We had an 1 3/4 hours and barely made our flight transferring between 2F and 2E five years ago. I wouldn't take a flight with that little time at CDG; but perhaps it is better now than when we were there.

MANY pieces of misinformation in this thread. Not sure where to start, but as an introduction, I highly recommend you browse back in this forum (or, gasp, use the search function). I posted several posts that specifically deal with connections at CDG.

First off...you WILL go through immigration procedures at CDG. Customs, as noted, will be at VCE.

Second...you do NOT want to take the landside bus shuttle. You could easily miss your connection waiting for the bus as it does NOT run often. Much better to walk.

Third....all flights to/from the USA operate through terminal T2E. However, that "terminal" actually consists of three separate buildings. Go to the Air France website and you can find out what destinations operate through what terminal.

Finally....look at the AF and ADP websites for more information including terminal complex maps.

After reading the other threads on this subject in the cruise air forum, come on back if you have other questions.

Flytalker - I have read many of your posts in the past week and did take your suggestion about going to the Air France site and the other travel sites you suggest. I have reviewed and printed the CDG map. I also used the Air France web site to find out which terminal Venice flights go out of and I have used their site to find out how to go between terminals. I have also gone to the Delta site to look at which terminal our flight has been going into at CDG all week.

This is where I got all my information from. - just checked my notes and I put the wrong terminal information in my last post(that was for our return trip from Barcelona to US (sorry for confusion))

According to Delta.com flight 28 lands in terminal 2E at CDG

Air France web site says flights to Venice go out of 2G

When the search on Air France on how to get between these 2 terminals they say the only way to do this is with the N2 bus. I see a walk way on the map but it doesn't look like it goes to 2G. Can you let me know if you think the walk way might still work for us. On a side note we have a request in with Delta/Air France to have handicap assistance meet us at the flight - we have one person that will not be able to walk the distance between the gates -- will this help us get to our next terminal any faster?

Thanks for any help you can give us.

Flytalker - I have read many of your posts in the past week and did take your suggestion about going to the Air France site and the other travel sites you suggest. I have reviewed and printed the CDG map. I also used the Air France web site to find out which terminal Venice flights go out of and I have used their site to find out how to go between terminals. I have also gone to the Delta site to look at which terminal our flight has been going into at CDG all week.

This is where I got all my information from. - just checked my notes and I put the wrong terminal information in my last post(that was for our return trip from Barcelona to US (sorry for confusion))

According to Delta.com flight 28 lands in terminal 2E at CDG

Air France web site says flights to Venice go out of 2G

When the search on Air France on how to get between these 2 terminals they say the only way to do this is with the N2 bus. I see a walk way on the map but it doesn't look like it goes to 2G. Can you let me know if you think the walk way might still work for us. On a side note we have a request in with Delta/Air France to have handicap assistance meet us at the flight - we have one person that will not be able to walk the distance between the gates -- will this help us get to our next terminal any faster?

Thanks for any help you can give us.

Now I see your concern - googled connection 2e to 2g cdg. Seems everyone on all the various flight talk sites recommend the bus.

Old eyes....T2G is NOT walkable as it is separated from the rest of the T2 complex. You are stuck taking the bus. Sorry. Previously, CDG-VCE flights were not out of that building.

You will have to hustle and hope you don't have to wait too long for that bus. It runs landside.

As for the mobility assist - likely not to help. You may get some assist moving through the terminal and out to the bus, but then, who knows??

You might want to double check the terminal used for CDG-VCE. It may NOT be 2G afterall.

I checked on flightstats for this route and it showed 2D was used for flights this weekend, and 2F is scheduled for the flights on the next couple of days (Mon-Tue). Not 2G for any of the 4 days shown. :confused:

So, you may want to watch on flightstats as your departure date nears.

Archived