Just back from the Celebrity Reflection

Gitte

Here's the best pic I could capture from my phone. This room has the bed by the veranda so bathroom is to the right as you're looking from this frame. This is not the outside door. It is the interior connecting door actually in the wall. Note how it cannot be the bathroom door (I can show that too if you need it). And it's not the exterior door as you will notice there is no locking mechanism as the outer door has. Plus you can see as he's going into the bathroom that the exterior door is closed. hyre9a8a.jpg

You seem determined to believe that there is a connecting door inside the room. I believe the shot you showed is a reflection of the bathroom door which has a light switch beside it. Why would there be a light switch next to the door to another room?

If someone takes a photo of an actual connecting door, then I will believe that they exist. However, I seriously doubt that is the case since it would have required modifying the design of the staterooms in a rather substantial way.

I believe the shot you showed is a reflection of the bathroom door which has a light switch beside it.

I agree with you Linda - that's the reflection of the bathroom door in the mirror above the desk :)

Cheers

Ando

We are just back from the pre-inaugural of the Celebrity Reflection.

Thanks for all the photos Gitte - she looks beautiful!

How did you find the Cabana's on the lawn deck? I am a bit concerned with how much they will block the views from this deck.

But as I type I am sitting in a rented cabana ($99 for the day) at a water theme park and loving it. Well worth the money and I could now see myself renting them onboard on sea days - it's so nice to have your own, civilized space to relax in.

Cheers

Andrew

You seem determined to believe that there is a connecting door inside the room. I believe the shot you showed is a reflection of the bathroom door which has a light switch beside it. Why would there be a light switch next to the door to another room?

If someone takes a photo of an actual connecting door, then I will believe that they exist. However, I seriously doubt that is the case since it would have required modifying the design of the staterooms in a rather substantial way.

If you look at 2:45 and 2:57 in the film, you can see the additional door. In the first one, you see the reflection of the exterior door in the mirror as well as an additional door which is not the bathroom. This is evidenced by the different lengths of wall next to each door at the bottom, the position of the handles, and the difference of the height of the striker plate on the doors.

If I'm wrong, I'm wrong and I'll admit it. But from what I can see based on my observations, I think it is true. Maybe working all these 12 hours days are getting to my brain?!

I agree with you Linda - that's the reflection of the bathroom door in the mirror above the desk :)

Cheers

Ando

Having seen the longer video I retract my earlier agreement with Linda :eek:

There is definitely a traditional interconnecting door shown in this video around 5:15 :D

All we need to establish now is if EVERY interconnecting cabin has this arrangement, or if there are others that still have the previous solstice class alcove set-up?

Cheers

Andrew

And I must confirm they have changed the doors on the Reflection.

Now the connecting door is inside the room.

You saw it good on the video.

Gitte

Thank you Gitte for the clarification.

Cheers

Ando

...... Just as 2 people said on the other post but no one believed what we said:confused:

What room did you have? It appears in the video in German that the exterior door can only open into the hallway since there is a frame around it that would not allow it to be pulled inward and I didn't see any hinges. Thanks for the info.

If it makes you feel better, once I saw the video I believed you. It's just that a lot of us had a hard time believing Celebrity would make such a drastic change on their last Solstice Class ship. And with a feature that made them unique and was a big hit. Anyway, everyone can now see that there is in fact a door in the wall. I hope you had a great time and I'm looking forward to my turn in December.

It's just that a lot of us had a hard time believing Celebrity would make such a drastic change on their last Solstice Class ship. And with a feature that made them unique and was a big hit.

I wonder if it was a cost cutting decision. The way they implemented the doors on Reflection would probably be cheaper. There would be no need to have two pairs of heavy, decorative doors with electronic key locks and self-closing mechanisms with the new configuration. I thought the method used on the first four ships was clever and unique, and seemed to serve the needs of connecting rooms quite well. So there must have been a compelling reason to go with the traditional method.

Edited by boogs

I wonder if it was a cost cutting decision. The way they implemented the doors on Reflection would probably be cheaper. There would be no need to have two pairs of heavy, decorative doors with electronic key locks and self-closing mechanisms with the new configuration. I thought the method used on the first four ships was clever and unique, and seemed to serve the needs of connecting rooms quite well. So there must have been a compelling reason to go with the traditional method.

I was thinking the same thing. If only we had known this earlier, we could have asked the question to Mr Bayley during the Q&A session.

Do you think it may have been a space issue? Those banks of connecting cabins had to be 3-4 ft deeper than regular cabins to allow for the vestibule.

images?q=tbn:ANd9GcTBcERnc_y56iPQpoZA26UD_mRipkgQvHIJEjlSvUpnwjzhRgPE

Do you think it may have been a space issue? Those banks of connecting cabins had to be 3-4 ft deeper than regular cabins to allow for the vestibule.

images?q=tbn:ANd9GcTBcERnc_y56iPQpoZA26UD_mRipkgQvHIJEjlSvUpnwjzhRgPE

I don't think so, Christine. The non-connecting cabins on the Solstice have the same vestibule, only without the outer doors. Exactly the same amount of space. And the Reflection is three feet wider than her sisters. I'd like to know how the extra width is distributed. Are cabins a foot wider or is the extra width in the corridors. Or are the balconies a foot deeper?

I don't think so, Christine. The non-connecting cabins on the Solstice have the same vestibule, only without the outer doors. Exactly the same amount of space. And the Reflection is three feet wider than her sisters. I'd like to know how the extra width is distributed. Are cabins a foot wider or is the extra width in the corridors. Or are the balconies a foot deeper?

All the cabins have a vestibule on the Solstice? We didn't have one on the Equinox.

All the cabins have a vestibule on the Solstice? We didn't have one on the Equinox.

Our cabin (1531) had the vestibule area, only without the outer doors, so the actual cabin doors were inset from the corridor. The cabin number was in the inset area, facing the cabin number plaque next door. Both of us could stand in that vestibule area while searching for our Seapass cards without blocking the corridor. The cabin doors definitely opened out, but because of the vestibule area, did not open directly into the corridor.

Here's a picture of the "vestibule" on the Equinox. All the rooms have them whether they had the outer connecting doors or not. This is true of the Solstice, Equinox, Eclipse, and now on the Reflection.

http://www.shipparade.com/cruise_ship_reviews/Celebrity_Cruises/Celebrity_Equinox/Photos/IMG_0729.JPG

I must be losing it:( We were in 1108 and I honestly don't remember a vestibule - thought the door was flush.

That's OK. I know how it is when you're on vacation, you look at things and say to yourself, "Oh that's neat I'll never forget that." And then when you're home and think about it again, it's like "Gee, I don't remember!" Happens to me all the time.

Maybe this calls for another trip on the Equinox to refresh your memory :D