Small desk fan

Ta8633

I am one of those people that:

1) is always hot

2) sleeps 365 days a year with a fan on for the noise

Is a small desk fan or one of those small clip on the headboard fans ok to pack and bring on the cruise?

I am one of those people that:

1) is always hot

2) sleeps 365 days a year with a fan on for the noise

Is a small desk fan or one of those small clip on the headboard fans ok to pack and bring on the cruise?

Cannot see why not. But keep in mind that the A/C on cruise ships is usually too effective (for many foks) and you do have a thermostat in your cabin. More then likely you will be able to make things cold enough to keep you happy. The only electric outlets in your cabin (other then a low wattage outlet for razors in the bathroom) are behind the desk (dressing table). So depending on your cabin layout you might want to take a small extension cord.

Hank

I always bring a small desktop fan (5 inches)...electric....bring an extension cord, as the only plug is across from the bed. I don't give a fig about the noise...it's the air movement I need....hot flashes all night long!...so if I couldn't bring a fan, I wouldn't go.

I always bring a small desktop fan (5 inches)...electric....bring an extension cord, as the only plug is across from the bed. I don't give a fig about the noise...it's the air movement I need....hot flashes all night long!...so if I couldn't bring a fan, I wouldn't go.

Brought one on an RCI cruise in Europe last summer and ended up in the nasty room.:eek:

We travel with a battery-operated fan about 8" that works well and no worries about extension cords. (Also have a corded one that size)Have even carried it on in my tote bag. DH has problems with heat so do have a letter to that effect but no one has ever questioned us having the fan.

I always travel with a fan. I bought mine at Walmart in the camping area. The batteries last all night and then I plug it in to recharge during the day. Never had a problem taking it on a cruise. Here is the link below.

http://www.walmart.com/ip/O2-Cool-8-Battery-or-Electric-Portable-Fan/15992438

Well, I just got back from my 9th Carnival cruise and I have taken a fan every time. Didn't have a problem until last Saturday. They confiscated my little fan and extension cord.

I immediately went to Guest Services and complained, explaining that I needed the fan to sleep. Later that day, my fan was returned to my room!!! The desk clerk explained that the box fans on the ship are for those who have a hot room (temp issue), have asthma or sleep with a CPAP machine.

Hope this helps! :D

I have bought a fan on our last 8 cruises to include, Celebrity, Carnival, NCL and Princess and never had it taken away. I always pack it in my carryon bag so when it goes thru security and they say something I would pitch a fit.....

I need it to drown out the outside noises and my husband's snoring otherwise I would never sleep a wink.

I have a battery/electric just in case they say something. It takes 8 C batteries and is worth it to me...

Happy sailing.:p:p:p

Archived