One of the masses?

cruiser101101

Is that Steven Tyler on the left?? Hard to tell other than he is waaayyy more wrinkled than that. Gives Keith Richards a run for his money.:eek::eek:

When I was a kid, we had a house on Lake Winnepisaukee across from Weirs beach. Tyler used to play there all the time(when Aerosmith was a nothing band)I didn't like them then, don't really like them now.

I am always an individual, but I am also one of "the masses" - if being part of humanity means being one of "the masses".

No man is an island,

Entire of itself.

Each is a piece of the continent,

A part of the main.

If a clod be washed away by the sea,

Europe is the less.

As well as if a promontory were.

As well as if a manor of thine own

Or of thine friend's were...- John Donne

Are you now, or have you been an independant contractor or employee of Cunard

Not sure who you are addressing this comment to but since I posted on the thread above you, I can assure you that I'm not employed or connected to Cunard.

However, if Cunard ever post a job for a senior lady to live aboard the QM2 in a 'meet & greet' capacity, I'm their gal! ;) (no tips would be expected or accepted :-)

Thank you.

I am always an individual, but I am also one of "the masses" - if being part of humanity means being one of "the masses".

No man is an island,

Entire of itself.

Each is a piece of the continent,

A part of the main.

If a clod be washed away by the sea,

Europe is the less.

As well as if a promontory were.

As well as if a manor of thine own

Or of thine friend's were...- John Donne

What a lovely thought, Salacia, and one so easy to forget when we're sailing on the QM2, that extraordinary oceangoing island that seems so "entire of itself."

What a lovely thought, Salacia, and one so easy to forget when we're sailing on the QM2, that extraordinary oceangoing island that seems so "entire of itself."

Hi Thaxed. Yes, I have often felt that way on QM2. Somehow I also got the feeling that fellow passengers and crew members share the concept (bluntly put) that we all in the same boat, and we all either swim or sink togther. Of course, this is only my experience and I might be projecting, but there is a certain camaradiere that exists on QM2. However, even the ocean liner is not "entire of itself"...if help was needed, all efforts would be made; this I believe. Regards, -S

Archived