Beaches in Half Moon Cay?

girlonfire30

Thank you so much!! I will definitely check out YouTube!!!

No excursions for HMC.....everything is right there. Beautiful beach.....lunch/BBQ is included. Go to You Tube and punch in Half Moon Cay. You will see for yourself. Have a great time.

I love Half Moon Cay. As the sign says, "I Wish I Could Stay Here Forever". It is a wonderful day of relaxation, sun, sand, and crystal clear water. If you're looking for excursions, there are a few but the stop is mainly meant for relaxation. I love it !!! Can't wait to return again.

Dave L.

Half Moon Cay is an uninhabited island. The cruise line will tender you ashore, provide lunch and sell you food and beverage. You will use your ship card for all purchases ashore.

What Kind of food do they have on the island that you have to pay for?

I haven't been to half-moon Cay for about three years. It used to be free For all the food.

Bill

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Half Moon Cay is an uninhabited island. The cruise line will tender you ashore, provide lunch and sell you food and beverage. You will use your ship card for all purchases ashore.

The purchases ashore could include any bar beverages (alcohol and pop and bottled water) and rental of the clamshells, water bikes, etc. Also, there are a few little shops there to buy some things. There is a version of the $10 store on HMC, as I do rememer buying a sunhat when I was there 15 months ago (I need to go back). Love it on Half Moon Cay! All food at the lunch buffet is free.

I am going to Half Moon Cay in February with my mom and we really just want to go to the beach and go shopping. Do I have to do an excursion in order to do this? Or can I just go to the beach?

Just walk to the beach. Keep in mind that in February, it will be too cold to go in the water.

My favorite beach visit ever! All we did was sit, drink and swim. There was bar service right to your beach chair all day long. There was a BBQ there, but I found the food dry and was the only thing that was not fantastic. I would love to be there right now. HMC is truly Heaven on Earth.

Carnival owns Half Moon Cay and it is one of the best beaches I have been too and would gladly return at the next opportunity. The BBQ food was free the last time I was there (3-years ago). Most of the cruise lines own their own private island and HMC is privately owned by Carnival.

Just walk to the beach. Keep in mind that in February, it will be too cold to go in the water.

Maybe if you are from Florida it would be too cold, being from a place that has all four seasons, my idea of too cold is probably a long way off from yours

What Kind of food do they have on the island that you have to pay for?

All food is free. It is brought from your ship, and the ship crew will serve it to you. Water, lemonade & iced-tea is available for free. You pay for other drinks.

It is my favorite beach ever!

All food is free. It is brought from your ship, and the ship crew will serve it to you. Water, lemonade & iced-tea is available for free. You pay for other drinks.

It is my favorite beach ever!

Thanks for the clarification.

Like i said i haven't been to HMC in a few years so going by that post I thought maybe they started charging for some foods.

Bill

Maybe if you are from Florida it would be too cold, being from a place that has all four seasons, my idea of too cold is probably a long way off from yours

Thinking the same, has to be really cold for this Michigan girl! Can't wait our first time will be this Feb.

Thinking the same, has to be really cold for this Michigan girl! Can't wait our first time will be this Feb.

It's the same way you see folks in the south wearing jackets and gloves when the thermometer dips a bit - the same weather in Iowa has people wearing shorts! :D

:D I live in PA, we swim in our pool as long as water temp is above 68 degrees and it's sunny.

imo HMC is best private beach as to actual 'beach', even better than disney's amazing Castaway Cay which is more developed.

just wondering, when we booked a cabana had a difficult time trying to get on early tender even when we went down 1/2 hour before start of tender time, so many people had lined up even earlier! Thought it odd they didn't have us meet at designated place for early tender as they do for ship excursions. Not sure if it's the same way now or not.:confused:

Archived