Beer and Bon Voyage

nickiefriend

It looks to me like you can order beer by the case from Bon Voyage. It is not cheaper than the bar, but would it save gratuities? We drink a lot of beer:p and I would love to find a way to save some money if we can.

Did someone say beer?:D

You would save gratuities ordering beer from Bon Voyage. You would still pay full price though no matter how many you order. And it is served warm. You can always ask for a bucket of ice once on board though.

Another way to save a little beer moola is buying it by the bucket on board. You save $2.00 per bucket (4 in a bucket, so 50 cents a beer) and it's served ice cold. You can carry the bucket around wherever on the ship. You do pay gratuities though. But there's not a whole lot of difference money-wise saving grats thru BV vs. the $2 bucket special on board.

Just wanted to get a clarification, all beer liquor or wine would be in your room and you can have for the trip?

Yes, unless you are going out of Galveston, then it will not be in your cabin until later after the ship leaves, sometimes not until the next day. I assume thats not the case.

Thanks for the replies. The legend does not have any of the special bars so the buckets will be the way to go. We are very familiar with the buckets;)

You can get pitchers of beer in the Sports Bar on the Legend. Tasty stuff!

It looks to me like you can order beer by the case from Bon Voyage. It is not cheaper than the bar, but would it save gratuities? We drink a lot of beer:p and I would love to find a way to save some money if we can.

Take a cruise on one of the ships that is offering the my awesome bar program (Breeze, Splendor & Victory) and you can drink as many as 15 beers per day and maybe more if the limit is not enforced.

I get the drink coupons all the time as me & DH are Bud Light drinkers. Hand the server a coupon and they give you a beer. The .86 savings can add up. In May we had a friend that ordered 15 books of coupons and we figured, .86 per beer saved him about $50. Thats a decent savings plus the coupons are a way to prepay.

If you order the beer through Bon Voyage wouldn't you have to pay taxes on it. I know we had to pay taxes on the alcohol we ordered through Bon Voyage.

I order the drink coupons...gratuities are included and no tax. Sames me 86 cents a beer by having the gratuities included.

The tax is alot lower than the gratuities usually saving 9-10% if you order beer from bonvoyage.

Yea it saves some money. I always peorder a 12 pack of Fosters. Fosters is the best deal on the ship.

Actually, the best deal on the ship is when you bring on a case of Coke, and when you open it, there is beer inside!:D

Actually, the best deal on the ship is when you bring on a case of Coke, and when you open it, there is beer inside!:D

Spoken like a true fellow Canadian (Chatham here). I'd never thought of that .... I may have to pack my hot-glue gun :rolleyes:

Thanks for the idea !!!!

Spoken like a true fellow Canadian (Chatham here). I'd never thought of that .... I may have to pack my hot-glue gun :rolleyes:

Thanks for the idea !!!!

Depending upon the embarkation port, time of year and diligence of Carnival employees at scanning points, there have been reports on these boards about beer being confiscated by guys trying to smuggle it in like it was soda.

This past February in Miami boarding the Liberty - Security opend our two 12 packs of soda and dumped them out in a bin - then they dumped all the cans back into the box haphazzardly and as you know - not all went in nicely. We had to fiddle with the cans to get them all back in and that held up the line for a while. I was looking to see if this was a random search and it was not - everyone was having the same thing done to them. Security even opend the peeps that were standing next to us, there 24 pack of water and shook most of them.

Archived