Women airlifted from Glory~USCG video~

missdebi

This was just posted in our local paper~http://www.starnewsonline.com/apps/pbcs.dll/article?AID=2012121029878

It is about a women being airlifted off the Glory on Monday night it contains a video taken by the USCG.

Very interesting video! Of course my medical mind wants to know what was wrong with her that warranted airlift. Was it something somewhat routine like appendicitis? Was it something more unusual? Did they even know or did they just know something was seriously wrong.

Very interesting video! Of course my medical mind wants to know what was wrong with her that warranted airlift. Was it something somewhat routine like appendicitis? Was it something more unusual? Did they even know or did they just know something was seriously wrong.

The article underneath the video stated that the woman was experiencing chest pains.

Just personally in awe of professionals in coast guard, life flight, and ambulance group..unfortunately used them alot with my mother this July..every moment they gave..to save a life, give one more treasured second of time...move fast or slow as molasses and steady..bundled with such care..joked to help..did everything possible for moments with a family with their last month with the matriarch...including taking the right family helper each time..loved seeing this..we have no idea how good most of these people are and how many different hats they really wear...thanks op that was cool..Godspeed to the gal in distress, her husband and nurse and family..Sarah

On our last cruise we had an Aft wrap and they airlifted 2 people out on 2 different nights. One was an elderly gentleman that suffered a heart attack and the other was a young teen with a compound leg fracture (he wanted to see if he could make it into the pool from the deck above). Both instances they took the wife/mother as well.

On our last cruise we had an Aft wrap and they airlifted 2 people out on 2 different nights. One was an elderly gentleman that suffered a heart attack and the other was a young teen with a compound leg fracture (he wanted to see if he could make it into the pool from the deck above). Both instances they took the wife/mother as well.

Oh boys will be boys, won't they. :rolleyes:

Considering my extreme fear of heights and bridge phobia, I think I'd be more likely to suffer a heart attack being lifted to and transported by a helicopter than from anything I would do on the ship!! The coast guard is amazing,and I hope the woman makes a full recovery.

The Coast Guard are real pros. We had a helicopter evac on QE2 after a crew member fell down stairs. The ship stopped for it but, trust me, those pilots could even do it if the ship was at cruise speed, but why would you? ;)

On my last cruise we had a person get air lifted off the ship on our way back to Tampa because they had a heart attack. That was a crazy cruise... There was also one death on board, and another heart attack which caused us to skip Grand Cayman and go to Costa Maya instead.

I felt so bad for the families.

We were on the Valor when someone had to be airlifted while we were on our way back to Miami. It was a sight to watch but what was more interesting is the explanation that the Captain gave us that night. He said that the ship could not talk directly to the helicopter but had to talk to a airplane that was flying above the helicopter and the airplane relayed the information. The ship slowed down but did not stop. After the woman, her husband and a suitcase was lifted up to the helicopter, the ship made a uturn and boogied back to the port of Miami.

Considering my extreme fear of heights and bridge phobia, I think I'd be more likely to suffer a heart attack being lifted to and transported by a helicopter than from anything I would do on the ship!! The coast guard is amazing,and I hope the woman makes a full recovery.

My dear mom after a month of hell and worry even though so sick was able to have a xanax for that second flight..it calmed her enough for some real quality sharing with dad..when all was winding down to end with this last effort, yet with so much adrenaline..never had the stuff,,,but viva drugs in the proper situations,,:).

We had the same thing happen on our recent rip on the Miracle about a month ago. The captain asked that we do NOT go to the upper decks and take pics because it could interfere with the helicopter pilot. I noticed the idiots on this cruise did not care as the flash bulbs were going off left and right.

Do you supposed the ship's engines were on idle during this? Surely the ship wasn't acually under way while they were hoisting those people.

The ship can't just stop in the middle of the water (per a crew member on a recent cruise we were on). The captain of the ship as well as the helicopter pilot communicate to get to the same speeds. Fantastic skills by all involved.

Archived