Frankenstorm heading towards us

Bfson

In Charleston off the Navigator last April, we had a delicious dinner at McCrady's (where George Washington ate, though in the upstairs area that is now for banquets). Great dark and relatively quiet atmosphere. Highly recommended. Check out the reviews on OpenTable's website.

Norfolk is an outstanding choice. Jamestown is really interesting. If you have extra time, the Casemate Museum is worthwhile for military history. Also the botanical gardens are nice though I don't know how they would be looking right now. Williamsburg is further and a whole day to itself, so can't do that and Jamestown both.

Norfolk is an outstanding choice. Jamestown is really interesting. If you have extra time, the Casemate Museum is worthwhile for military history. Also the botanical gardens are nice though I don't know how they would be looking right now. Williamsburg is further and a whole day to itself, so can't do that and Jamestown both.

I echo that. We had a wonderful land based holiday there some time ago. We have treasured memories.

Have been enjoying your posts along the way Bfson, you never know what you will get on the east coast in the fall, and you've been a good sport! Being from the Maryland coast, who was largely spared from Sandy, I am getting stressed as that new storm will come to me after I leave for another Regent cruise! In Europe, where all is fine and dandy.

Agree with JHP your posts have been fun to follow. We, too are leaving for a cruise this evening and are a little worried about the upcoming weather. Thanks for taking the time to bring us along.

Olivia - see you onboard.

Hope the cool weather and overcast did not spoil your time in Charleston. It is a very fun city with lots to do and fabulous restaurants. We have a condo there near the Aquarium. If your weather wasn't bad then you should have had a nice visit because you do not want to go there in the summer with the heat and humidity and the thousands of tourists. We really enjoy the fall, winter, and early spring there. What did you do there?

I have been to Charleston 5 or 6 times. ( I used to teach at the National Advocacy Center at USC.) Today we did the bus tour (for my wife) and then had a wonderful lunch at my favorite place, Hominy Grill.

One final note. Flying home was easy, flights early or on time. Friend picked us up in our car. Then, in the rain, the car dies on the freeway. AAA tows us to the Toyota dealer, friends pick us and our luggage and get us home. It's 3am on our body clock when we get home. Somehow it seems fitting.

One final note. Flying home was easy, flights early or on time. Friend picked us up in our car. Then, in the rain, the car dies on the freeway. AAA tows us to the Toyota dealer, friends pick us and our luggage and get us home. It's 3am on our body clock when we get home. Somehow it seems fitting.

oh my, I think you need a vacation to recover from your cruise!

Archived