Frankenstorm heading towards us

Bfson

Safely docked in Halifax after long night filled with rolling side to side. Captain says we will be here until Wednesday at 9am. Boston around noon.

Asked at Destination Services, they knew of no one ending their cruise in NYC.

TV just showed passengers stranded in Paris , Heathrow, and other airports who were supposed to fly to NYC at the end of their cruise and some who were on land tours stranded also. Getting back to NYC is going to take several days according to the TV.

I, too, was wondering why Regent had the information about flights listed on their notice. Maybe some passengers are getting off in NYC due to the overnight?

Those of us boarding in Miami on the 15th hope the ship stays on schedule.

those of us boarding in Miami on the 8th hope more!

An update for Navigator passengers. I've been following the path of the Crystal Symphony for the past few days as I have a dear friend on board. Unlike the Navigator, they were scheduled to end this itinerary in New York on October 31st. They stayed in Boston a couple of days in the hope that New York would be cleared by tomorrow. They received word this afternoon/evening that New York will not be open until the end of the week and they are going to Charleston -- arriving November 1st.

The seas have 20 foot swells -- suggest you be proactive and take medication before you get seasick. My friend is feeling the effects of the waves on a ship considerably larger (and more stable) ship than the Navigator (she never gets seasick ....... well, until now).

Thinking positive thoughts for all aboard both the Navigator and Symphony.

Safely docked in Halifax after long night filled with rolling side to side. Captain says we will be here until Wednesday at 9am. Boston around noon.

Asked at Destination Services, they knew of no one ending their cruise in NYC.

Guess I got misinformation about some pax disembarking in NYC.

Will the ship still have a port call in Newport? You have to tender in and I'm sure they won't do that in rough seas. Hope tomorrow's sailing to Boston won't be too rough!

Departure from Halifax delayed until 10 a m. We need to unload "sludge" and the Halifax land based crew arrived late. Capt says 25 mph winds and 10 ft swells near Halifax but it should smooth out later. Arrival time in Boston is still around noon tomorrow.

We've been underway for about an hour. Fog and rain, heavy at times, moderate swells giving an up and down motion. I've retreated to the area near the library were there is a Bit less movement.

Coming up on Cape Sable, the southern tip of N.S.. Still rough, occasionally a wave from the side . One wave broke against a window in CR completely covering it.

The t v says we are in a moderate gale.

News says another storm coming north. Anyone hear any details?

The Capt has announced that we will NOT be going to NYC because the port is still closed. Instead we will overnight in Charleston.

Charleston is a beautiful city with lovely places to visit; staying overnight in Charleston should be a nice addition to your cruise. Even if the port in New York was open New York is still reeling. Angie

We love Charleston. I used to teach once a year at USC. We had Wed. afternoons off and would drive down to Charleston. One of my favorite restaurants, Hominy Grill, is there. In contrast I am not a big NYC fan, although my wife is.

Apparently one of the problems is the huge amount of debris in the water as well as the heavily covered transportation and other issues in their recovery

So, are you going from Boston to Charleston or stopping at Newport on the way? This sure has been a cruise you will always remember! I hope there has been some good times on board visiting and "bonding" with other passengers and crew. That can make a grim situation into a pleasant one even with obstacles.

Boston tomorrow, Newport Friday then sea days then Charleston. The seas have calmed as we have turned to the NW towards Maine. We will then hug the coast done to Boston. We have made many friends and are having a great time! No worries.

I love NYC, but this is not the time to go there for fun. Overnight in charleston sounds perfect!

I agree on both counts -- lower Manhattan is still reeling. We were in Charleston for 4 days several years ago and loved it. Seas should calm down as you head south of NY/NJ and temps get warmer. Enjoy the latter part of your cruise - everyone aboard has been thru a lot!

Doubly glad I turned down Regent's offer to swap our 10/4 cruise for your 10/24 cruise. If I didn't, I might not be able to get the wife on another cruise ship!

Approaching Boston. Seas fairly calm, the sun is out, we will dock 30 minutes early. Life is good.

Hooray. So glad you got through it. Regent ought to have a tie or lapel pin made up:-

"We got through Hurricane Sandy"

I thought we ought to have had one:-

"We got through the Ash Cloud"

Hooray. So glad you got through it. Regent ought to have a tie or lapel pin made up:-

"We got through Hurricane Sandy"

I thought we ought to have had one:-

"We got through the Ash Cloud"

and Tom -- I would like one that says "I got UNDER the ash cloud"!!

Gerry

I'm beginning to wonder if we've been cursed. The ship had a great system set up. Clear US immigration based on shore excursion. We all line up. Feds come on and say no. They want floor by floor and no one can get off until EVERY passenger has been cleared. We sit for over an hour. This reduced our time at the JFK library to under an hour. Sigh

Archived