One Day Sale - All of you Early Savers check your prices

bkerber

Ok, this is the first cruise that I have booked myself, but my 3rd cruise. I am booked in an interior 4B cabin on the Riveria. Looking at the prices today, and cabins available with the 'one day sale' and saw a cabin on the Empress deck going for the same price that I paid. I booked ES, and am paid in full. There are three of us in the cabin. Our current rate is $403.00. I called Carnival and was told that I would have to pay to upgrade to that deck. Sorry for asking such a dumb question, but, why am I not eligible for a free upgrade?? If I were just booking it today, I could get a much better location for the same price. The lady kept saying my rate was $509.00. When I look under "Manage my Cruise", yes, for the first 2 guests it says $509.00, then $189.00 for the third guest. The average is $403.00. Please be gentle as I am just trying to figure this out!! (and get off the Riveria deck if at all possible :))

Tamara

Unfortunately you need to pricematch your EXACT rate. And that would be $509.00 You cannot price match to the average rate.

So, if you see a fare that is lower than $509.00 then you qualify for OBC or an upgrade to a higher category.

Don't forget that when you see a price drop of the base cruise fare on the Fare Viewer, maybe your taxes have gone up as well.... So it's not necessarily an approved and confirmed price drop.

In my case - I get a price drop of $20. But the taxes have gone up with $30.... So, no OBC for this cruiser....:(

I just switched to ES yesterday. Freaks me out a bit, but my same cruise the end of this month has dropped $50 p/p, and I'd hate to miss out on a drop like that. The prices have moved up a few $'s from when I booked as well, but I paid $49.60 for the cabin to go from 4e to 6a. So I'm ok with that. Especially since I can watch for price drops through the holidays, when I'm hoping to catch some good drops.

How did you go about switching to ES. Did you just call them or do you have to cancel and rebook. Was it easy to do?. I am seriously considering doing it, but I am leary. I think the ES rate will go away around Christmas time and DH cannot submit his vacation request until January. Final payment is in February, so if we stay past guest and for some reason he is denied (which is not likely, but still), we could still cancel. So if ES and my current rate are the same, I am leary about booking it. (Yes I know I could get trip insurance, but it is probably too late for cancel any reason insurance).

But then again, last cruise I took was the same ship, one week earlier. When it was all said and done our rate for a BALCONY was less than what we originally booked for an ocean view. So I know that price drops can happen. I am torn.

I wish I knew exactly when ES would go away. I am thinking around Thanksgiving time?

Decisions, decisions...

One of my first thoughts this morning was "It's Tuesday; check fareviewer." to see if there's a new sale. Seems a lot of them start on Tuesdays.

Yay! I got $40 drop for my Dec. 2 Breeze sailing. Makes $170 total so far in OBC! I have another month to go so hoping for even more!

:D :) :D :)

Not early saver, but still before final payment and thinking of switching. :D Anyway, my price went down- To what I paid for it when I booked. It has been higher for past guest and ES was about what I paid. I had planned on trying for ES before it goes away (December I think), but if ES prices aren't cheaper, I don't know if I want to deal with the restrictions. I am beginning to think I must have gotten a decent deal (which I originally did not think was that great considering my 8A for three last year was not much higher than my 4G rate for three). Oh decisions.

Cruzinlisa, I am on the same cruise as you. Been watching prices also. So far, none have come close to what I originally paid for my PG booking. In fact, they seem to keep going up on every sale! Also thinking of switching over to ES before mid Nov. (we have to do this no later than 5 months out, is that correct?)

I don't use the fareviewer. I just go on and see what it would be if I booked today. Am I missing something? I know fareviewer doesn't show military so I've not messed with it.

By the way to book my May 4 Legend cruise is almost $500pp more today under this sale than it was past guest rate 2 days ago:eek:.

Cruzinlisa, I am on the same cruise as you. Been watching prices also. So far, none have come close to what I originally paid for my PG booking. In fact, they seem to keep going up on every sale! Also thinking of switching over to ES before mid Nov. (we have to do this no later than 5 months out, is that correct?)

Yeah, I think it is 5 months. Prices right now are the same as what I paid. The ES rate has been about the same as what i paid consistently (and still is now). But last year I went on the Conquest APril 29 and prices dropped, multiple times. So part of me thinks, same port, same ship, almost same week- probably will drop. I think what i paid right now is high considering I am in an Inside Room, so I do have hope they will drop. Decisions, decisions.

I was looking at booking a cruise but with the sale my room isn't even available anymore. Only the Fun Select has the 1A pricing even though I know there are TONS of 1As available and everyone I saw yesterday was still listed today. Some sale. :rolleyes: It persuaded me enough to not book today.

I was looking at booking a cruise but with the sale my room isn't even available anymore. Only the Fun Select has the 1A pricing even though I know there are TONS of 1As available and everyone I saw yesterday was still listed today. Some sale. :rolleyes: It persuaded me enough to not book today.

I think the Sale terms indicate a minimum Cat 4A booking? ken

Unfortunately you need to pricematch your EXACT rate. And that would be $509.00 You cannot price match to the average rate.

So, if you see a fare that is lower than $509.00 then you qualify for OBC or an upgrade to a higher category.

Thanks for this... I did not realize this. I am sooo thankful for you right now!

How did you go about switching to ES. Did you just call them or do you have to cancel and rebook. Was it easy to do?. I am seriously considering doing it, but I am leary. I think the ES rate will go away around Christmas time and DH cannot submit his vacation request until January. Final payment is in February, so if we stay past guest and for some reason he is denied (which is not likely, but still), we could still cancel. So if ES and my current rate are the same, I am leary about booking it. (Yes I know I could get trip insurance, but it is probably too late for cancel any reason insurance).

But then again, last cruise I took was the same ship, one week earlier. When it was all said and done our rate for a BALCONY was less than what we originally booked for an ocean view. So I know that price drops can happen. I am torn.

I wish I knew exactly when ES would go away. I am thinking around Thanksgiving time?

Decisions, decisions...

Yep! I just called in.. it was really simple and I think I made that persons day. My guess is she got some kind of credit for my booking.

So I used farechecker and it says that for a 4F $938.00. My current price is $988.00. Does that mean that I could get a credit of 50.00? My current 4F is midship but I need not see a place to input that on farechecker. Does that make a difference. When I checked it on the Carnival website I can't find a rate that is cheaper than my current rate.

Any help in understanding this would be appreciated.

Thanks

Archived