Suitcase storage on board

Stigliano

We will be sailing on Solstice and wondering how easy it is to stow empty suitcases in your cabin. I have read that they can be kept under the bed but how much room is there? Is the under bed space able to take 2 large suitcases? Is there enough depth? Or should we just try to manage with medium suitcases?

I agree, there is lots of room under the bed for the suitcases. They even will empty the contents of the bar fridge and store them under the bed LOL.

Many people forget but there is also storage over the bed. It can be awkward to get at it but it is there (not for suitcases though).

We will be sailing on Solstice and wondering how easy it is to stow empty suitcases in your cabin. I have read that they can be kept under the bed but how much room is there? Is the under bed space able to take 2 large suitcases? Is there enough depth? Or should we just try to manage with medium suitcases?

Try stowing them opened out if the cases won´t go under the bed closed. You may have to lift the corners of the bed to get the cases in, it works for us, and we do not use small cases.

The beds on the S class ships are a bit higher than the other ships we've been on so that even cases that we've had trouble getting under the bed on other ships have been fine under the beds on the S class ships.

We normally have two large rolling cases, a large garment bag and on Caribbean cruises we take a large rolling duffel bag as well and can fit all under the bed. There is also a wire basket under the bed which holds the life preservers so this must be accessible too.

The closets and drawer space on the S class ships are a bit smaller that some of the others we've sailed on and we use the cases under the bed to hold our dirty laundry. The beds are high enough that it is easy to slide a case back and forth to put these items in.

If fir any reason you can't fit your luggage under the bed the cabin steward will help you by either getting it to fit or storing it elsewhere.

Thanks to all for the reassuring posts - I can now happily start packing my large suitcase for the Dubai to Singapore cruise on Solstice next week! It will be our first cruise and can't really believe it is now so close.

Happy cruising, Stigliano.

Your limitation is not the storage of the suitcase in your cabin. It is the airline that allows only 20kgs or 30kgs per pax.

Enjoy your cruise!

I usually put the suitcases in the closet; no problem; I know several people put them under the bed, but it I just can't. You'll have no problem storing them either in the closet or under the bed.
Just curious,why not?:confused:

Thanks to all for the reassuring posts - I can now happily start packing my large suitcase for the Dubai to Singapore cruise on Solstice next week! It will be our first cruise and can't really believe it is now so close.

Since you mention it is your first cruise and reference a large suitcase, as an experienced cruiser I feel the need to speak up here. Lay out whatever you think you will need, and then put half of it back in the closet. Trust me - you won't be sorry.:D:D

as an experienced cruiser I feel the need to speak up here. Lay out whatever you think you will need, and then put half of it back in the closet.

But that is one of the most subtle yet effective comments meant to entice male companionship I have ever seen! :p

...and if you own fewer than 20 pairs of shoes... WILL YOU MARRY ME?!? :D

But that is one of the most subtle yet effective comments meant to entice male companionship I have ever seen! :p

...and if you own fewer than 20 pairs of shoes... WILL YOU MARRY ME?!? :D

I'm not sure my husband would approve:p. But he still tells me I bring too much, even though I have cut down on my packing a whole lot. (and I do own more than 20 pairs of shoes, if you count flip flops and gym shoes:D)

I own WAY more than 20 pairs of shoes....but I did do a 11 night cruise with 3 days traveling to and fro with only a carryon bag. And yes, I even had formal dresses.

...like introducing your story with "once upon a time" :D :p

Kind of like when a guy would say... "ONCE UPON A TIME... I put the toilet seat down."

We (she) takes a lot of suitcases. Came back from an Eclipse cruise last Saturday and I agree with everything written, plenty of suitcase space under the bed. As we (she) takes a couple of garment hangers with us, we (she) puts these inside the suitcases - we (she) never has a problem.....

Archived