Diamond Level

It is when the early seating have to stand and it was meant to be there to enjoy a FEW drinks before dinner not 3 hours of free drinks.Maybe the different seatings should have different colour cards.

But I guess if the Diamond Lounge was bigger there would be less complaining.I guess for those who can get the free booze they will never agree with my point of view,but then agian I am a social drinker and there other perks beside the lounge.

Just my point of few make room for others thats all.

I have never had a problem with getting a drink.

I'm on the Mariner TA right now and every night we have the whole deck for 14 for us alone from 5-8:30 (700 diamonds (plus) onboard). Lots of snacks and they make the drinks way too strong(LOL). I go after 6:30 (first seating) because most people have left by then.

I'm on the Mariner TA right now and every night we have the whole deck for 14 for us alone from 5-8:30 (700 diamonds (plus) onboard). Lots of snacks and they make the drinks way too strong(LOL). I go after 6:30 (first seating) because most people have left by then.

We always go to the Diamond Lounge after the first seating has started -- We have never had to wait for a seat -- most times there are only a few of us -

It is when the early seating have to stand and it was meant to be there to enjoy a FEW drinks before dinner not 3 hours of free drinks.Maybe the different seatings should have different colour cards.

But I guess if the Diamond Lounge was bigger there would be less complaining.I guess for those who can get the free booze they will never agree with my point of view,but then agian I am a social drinker and there other perks beside the lounge.

Just my point of few make room for others thats all.

I've experienced this on Liberty. Maybe it was just this one sailing, but there were a lot of... 'experienced' cruisers on this sailing that would go into the Diamond lounge at 5 and stay until late dining started. They all knew each other and sailed with each other frequently liked to hold court during the evening hours in the Diamond lounge. Most nights it was standing room only as these cruisers would get there at 5 and not move until the lounge closed.

Do I blame them? No. There's nothing in the rules against it. It's not my place to criticize nor chastise them. The concierge obviously knew them all and socialized with them often during the night. If she was upset or saw an issue then she would have said something to them.

I have never had a problem with getting a drink.

Nor have I. But that doesn't mean that it hasn't been shoulder to shoulder people in there. :rolleyes:

There were a few nights where I stayed for 2+ hours, as I had dinner at 830. I was having fun with everyone, watching the weather channel for Sandy, talking to staff ect. I never felt I was staying over "the limit"

-I did give the same waiter $10 each night because he was outstanding.

I never though about going back up but i guess if its OK i may start doing it too.We are all out to have a fun and yes most times its very crowded and my DW hates being shoulder to shoulder.The best lounge we had was the Jewel and was always well received.looking forward to Diamond Plus.Enjoy your day where ever you may be.:)

Gerry

[quote name='lady_cruiser']First you say "a friend" then you say "them". How many friends are you talking about? [/QUOTE]
I don't know what the original intent of the word "them" was in that context, but I suspect it was merely a use of the [url=http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Singular_they]"singular they"[/url] form.

[quote name='critterchick']Well, that cuts both ways, since Celebrity Elites get Diamond status, thereby contributing to the overcrowding in the Diamond Lounges and Events.

I used to think, the more the merrier, but one consequence of the explosion of Diamond members was that they were banned from the CL. Many CCers, myself included, think that the day is not far off when D+ will also be booted, perhaps once most of the ships in the fleet have Diamond Lounges.

But I still think that one should be able to share perks with one's cabin mate. Not an extended group, but one other person, anyway.[/QUOTE]If a ship has a Diamond lounge with the same drinks, etc. as a CL, and has a concierge of its own, is there really any practical difference to a D+ in no longer being allowed in the CL?

[quote name='Daghis']I don't know what the original intent of the word "them" was in that context, but I suspect it was merely a use of the [url=http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Singular_they]"singular they"[/url] form.[/QUOTE]
You are right it was. Thank you. I didn't have the energy to reply to such a mute point that someone reacted to so strangely :-)

[quote name='Mark_K']If a ship has a Diamond lounge with the same drinks, etc. as a CL, and has a concierge of its own, is there really any practical difference to a D+ in no longer being allowed in the CL?[/quote]
Potential overcrowding as more people are added to the existing guests already in the DL.

Archived