Wine Permitted to Carry Onboard Now

gw2fll

Would you please ask your bar manager friend why it would take a drink package to warrant additional training for the bar staff? In my opinion, the staff should have sufficient training to monitor for trouble regardless of the presence of a package.

The training is to understand how the package works, what the rules are and to identify when someone needs to be cut off for over consumption and how to handle that situation. The Bar staff have had training on some of these things before.

Hope this works..found the breakdown from a UK site..looks like sadly it will be house wine:(

BEVERAGE PACKAGES

Personal consumption package details

Must be 18 and older to participate in this offer

BEER/SODA PACKAGE

$45.00/per person per day

INCLUDES:

• ALL House Wine, Beers (under $7.

),

Fountain Soda, and Frozen Virgin

Drinks

EXCLUDES:

• ALL: Room Service, Specialty Coffee,

Mini Bar, Canned Soda’s, Bottle Water,

Bottled Juices, and ALL Liquor

&

25% discount off all wines and spirits

PREMIUM PACKAGE

$55.00/per person per day

INCLUDES:

• ALL House Wine, Beers, Fountain

Soda, Well/Call/Premium Brands of

Liquor and Frozen Drinks

EXCLUDES:

• ALL: Room Service, Specialty Coffee,

Mini Bar, Canned Soda’s, Bottle Water

and Bottled Juices

&

25% discount off all wines and

specialty spirits

PREMIUMS SPIRITS INCLUDE

10 Cane Rum, Bacardi 8, Pyrat XO, Belvedere, Chopin, Sauza Conmemmorativo, Carlos 1, Bakers, Crown Royal

Reserve, Grey Goose, Kettle One, Tanqueray 10, Hendrick’s, Courvoisier V.S., Knob Creek, Glenfiddich, Macallan

Elegancia 12 yr and The Glenlivet

All packages and discounts do not apply to in-stateroom purchases, souvenir glassware or soda

cans.

Here is the link if this is too difficult

http://www.royalcaribbean.co.uk/_images/Trial%20drink%20packages_tcm16-10940.pdf

The $45 package is not worth it for us without liquor. The $55 package is definitely worth it for me alone but not worth it (or even close) if we both have to do it. I didn't notice on the link that chil-laxin posted anything about both people in the cabin having to do this or even whether gratuity was included or extra. It would be great if you could do this just for one person in the cabin, but that doesn't seem to be the case based on prior posts.

I don't know about other people, but for me it's about what I drink. When they start selling sweet tea vodka onboard I will never have to smuggle another drop. I will gladly bring my own bottles and hand them to RCCL and buy them back from them 1 drink at a time. I don't care how much more RCCL makes or what it costs me (within reason). I want to drink what I like and they don't offer it.

What did you drink before sweet tea vodka came on the market? It's only been around for a few years.

Me too.....and ignorant. I wanted to comment. All of the tea-totallers need to wake up. We are adults on vacation with the resources to pay for significant vacations and bar tabs.......the few nuts in here need to wake up and realize we drink and have fun and don't mother anyone.

Me too.....and ignorant. I wanted to comment. All of the tea-totallers need to wake up. We are adults on vacation with the resources to pay for significant vacations and bar tabs.......the few nuts in here need to wake up and realize we drink and have fun and don't mother anyone.

Nobody has a problem with you wanting to drink as much as you like. My only problem is that this leads to more drinking poolside where the mix of children and adults is the greatest. It's not really mothering as much as the fear of losing a good family atmosphere on a line which markets so much to families. I would think the risk is on days at sea beginning with the first breakfast bloody mary through a full day of poolside drinking.With respect to the bars and clubs at night, it wouldn't bother me if people puked up a storm. I really hope that my fears about this are misplaced. Time will tell.

Can anybody tell me what the house wine is? I thought it was any they sell by the glass? If thts the case the Austrailian Shiraz will suit me fine

I really wish the house wine was any they sell by the glass! I'd be in the CL drinking Caymus (normally $22/glass) for free from 5pm until 8:30pm!:rolleyes:

House red and white are a brand called LaTerre. I believe they use Berenger for the white zin.

EDIT: Speaking of Australian Shiraz, we sometimes get a bottle of the Rosemount and find it enjoyable.

Edited by clarea

Nobody has a problem with you wanting to drink as much as you like. My only problem is that this leads to more drinking poolside where the mix of children and adults is the greatest. It's not really mothering as much as the fear of losing a good family atmosphere on a line which markets so much to families. I would think the risk is on days at sea beginning with the first breakfast bloody mary through a full day of poolside drinking.With respect to the bars and clubs at night, it wouldn't bother me if people puked up a storm. I really hope that my fears about this are misplaced. Time will tell.

I'm 'on the side' of this would suit me - and all the critics and purveyors of doom need to bear in mind that there has been an all inclusive package on 3 RC ships for around a year or so. I had it when we were on Indy in February and this was the 2nd or 3rd incarnation of the package - they made tweaks to the prices and what was included or not for a couple of weeks.

I have no idea what the final offer will be - the same as currently available? A version of Celebrity? Who knows...but I'm sure RC have been monitoring the consumption and behaviour of pax buying this

I for one am extremely excited about this. Fingers crossed that this will be an option for my upcoming cruise in August (honeymoon!).

We're in our mid-late 20s and can definitely put back a few drinks. A mimosa or screwdriver after breakfast, maybe some Baileys in my coffee, a couple of drinks or a bucket of beers by the pool, a pre-dinner cocktail, wine with dinner, a few drinks to assist my singing along at the Schooner Bar... You get the idea.

If past experience is any indication, that'll be more than $55. Even if not, I, like others, would greatly appreciate the ability to have an idea up front of what my bar bill will look like.

Cheers!

Good find! I am curious if they will let me and my wife do one package of each (I get the beer and she gets the premium). Not sure if this would be considered following their policy or not. I really only plan on drinking beer.

We were on the Granduer last year and they did allow us to take split packages it it worked out just fine:)

I'm also wondering if anyone has a list of the house wines?

RCCL House wine is generally La Terra label for red and white. I am not sure of the white zin brand.

On our last Monarch cruise, the D event server persuaded me to again try the La Terra white ( I had my sea pass card out to purchase a different brand of wine)

He said if you drink it very cold - it will be OK. . ( Most know that white wine loses flavor if served too cold) So – in other words, what he is telling me is ………… If the La Terra is so cold that it has no taste, it is drinkable! :eek:

I gave it a try and then purchased a glass of wine I preferred to drink.

I am glad RCCL will offer a drink package, as many prefer to know the alcohol charges up front. The packages not for everyone, but many extra options are also not for everyone. We sail Celebrity and the drink packages seems very popular on that line.

Edited by cruisegirl1

I really wish the house wine was any they sell by the glass! I'd be in the CL drinking Caymus (normally $22/glass) for free from 5pm until 8:30pm!:rolleyes:

House red and white are a brand called LaTerre. I believe they use Berenger for the white zin.

EDIT: Speaking of Australian Shiraz, we sometimes get a bottle of the Rosemount and find it enjoyable.

Iv managed to find the premium package $59 on the RCI web site. Sorry I can't seem to copy and paste on my iPad:eek:

It says that all beers, cocktails using package brand spirits, house and premium brand spirits and wine by the glass up to $10 plus 25% off all bottled wine. It all so includes the soda package. It does not include Water, or speciality coffee.

So it looks like my Australian Shiraz is included as its only $6.50:D

Iv managed to find the premium package $59 on the RCI web site. Sorry I can't seem to copy and paste on my iPad:eek:

It says that all beers, cocktails using package brand spirits, house and premium brand spirits and wine by the glass up to $10 plus 25% off all bottled wine. It all so includes the soda package. It does not include Water, or speciality coffee.

So it looks like my Australian Shiraz is included as its only $6.50:D

Thanks for the info. Including wine by the glass up to $10 is an improvement of just restricting it to house wine. Plus the 25% off bottles is good too.

Bob

Edited by clarea

Iv now found another one saying its $55 and it says house wine only, but then contradicts itself in another Q/A stating any wines up to $10 :confused: it also looks like there are different packages on different ships!

I suppose I will just have to wait till April:cool:

Iv now found another one saying its $55 and it says house wine only, but then contradicts itself in another Q/A stating any wines up to $10 :confused: it also looks like there are different packages on different ships!

Just noticed you are from England. The packages there might be different than the ones in the US. Royal has had the packages on a few ships sailing from Europe for a couple of years now.

Edited by clarea

We book 2 rooms as a family and the 2 room reservations are always linked for seating in the dining room, excursions, etc. I am sure RCCl would see the 2 adults when reservations are linked together.

Well I guess the wording would be important here. If it's all adults per cabin, it shouldn't matter if the reservations are linked as long as the adults are in different cabins. What if two couples are traveling together in 2 cabins? They all have to buy the package because their dinner reservations are linked?

Edited by marci22

Where on the website do you see this? Is it only on the UK website? I don't see anything under FAQ on the U.S. page.

I would only take this package if it matches Celebrity (seems odd they wouldnt copy their sister company as you would think it would ease the admin and systems etc).

So if no water, coffee, juice and especially if only "house" wine - count me out.

I enjoy Celebrity premium package as previously posted - but if I cant flight my wine with dinner or enjoy espresso and bottled water, it wont be worth my while and I will revert to pay as I go.

I hope RCCL reworks it to match X