Hello from the Coral Princess

LARGIN

Hiya all from the Coral... Great cruise, perfect weather.. Had a nice time meeting other CCers.. I will give a review of the ship when I return. I can answer any questions you have..

Monday we spent a couple of hours with our Assistant Maitre D’. He was our head waiter on our last two cruises. His name is Rudalfo Antonio Guadalupe Senior. We call him RAGS for short. He has a son Raj who lives in Spain and another son Raul who lives in France. His daughter Ramona, who lives in a small village in Italy, gave birth to twins a while back. He hasn’t heard from her in a while.

Rags will be leaving the Coral after this cruise and will meet up with Raj and Raul in Europe to see Rags daughter Ramona and new grandson Rosario and granddaughter Rosanna. Ramona’s husband Roberto is in the hospital. He was hit by a speeding truck as he was walking to see Ramona in the hospital. He was crossing the street and did not see the truck coming. Ramona has a little black cloud that follows her around. Her oldest daughter Rosa was a child prodigy and played the piano. Unfortunately she developed severe arthritis in her left hand and had to give up her concert tour. “Righthand Rosa” as she is now called plays simple melodies at the local bar. She is pretty good for a one handed piano player. Her brother Rudy sometimes accompanies her with his guitar. He is blind and has one leg but plays pretty well. He would be better if he could read music. Rags hopes that Roberto will get out of the hospital soon. He said that Ramona needs Roberto to work to help support the family. Rags helps out but Roberto is the bread winner. Roberto and his brother Roderick own a radio repair shop. They were doing fairly well but their business is failing since TV became hot in their village. It seems that they haven’t learned to fix picture tubes yet. But Rags is sure they will learn...

I'll post more when I have time.. So far I have found that the Lotus Pool area is for adults only and have pictures to prove it. When you board, you get a glass of champagne delivered to your room. The dress is more Casual then Upscale. Lots of tuxes on formal night but a few jerks in dockers.. Shampoos, lotions, conditioners are in small plastic bottles vice the little throwaway thingies. With the large bottle of water they have in your room for $2.95, they have cans of Coke and 7up for $1.50 a pop. Bed is too short for anyone over 6 foot.. Next time I'll ask for an extender..

Well all, time to run.. The Red Dog Saloon is waiting..

Larry – if you’ve found ALL of the chunks of communication on this and you’re feeling overwhelmed, my apologies. But could you do me a favor? The Crooners Martini Recipe deck of cards are only available on board ship and I have a friend from my Island Princess cruise who wants one…and she figured I’d know someone somewhere on a ship. Could you pick up two for me? I’ll gladly pay you Tuesday (when you’re home) for a deck of cards today.

Thanks!

Hi Largin,

If you feel like seeing what the kids area looks like, can you ask them how many kids they had in the teen group and the 8-12 group their last Panama Canal sailing this April'05? We're going next April 23, 2006 and I'm just curious since it's a 10-day and fewer families will probably be cruising.

If you don't want to go anywhere near the kids area, no problem! I understand!

Enjoy yourself.........

Thank you,

Bobbie

Largin.....Is that all really true about Rag's family!..:rolleyes:...It sounds like a bad soap opera!!......I sail on the Coral on July 9 and can hardly wait!!! Looking forward to hearing more about your cruise.....

Largin,

Hello back...how I wish I were on the Coral with you right now...instead of here in rainy, miserable Boston :(

Thanks for posting, it sounds like your having a fantastic time. Glad to hear it. Can't wait to hear more.

When you board, you get a glass of champagne delivered to your room. Shampoos, lotions, conditioners are in small plastic bottles vice the little throwaway thingies.

Got a question about this welcome aboard champagne: is this new, are you Elite, did Generoso welcome you back with open arms or are you in a suite? How is it? We're sailing her again in September and can't wait. Take good care of her and enjoy!:)

Larry,

Thanks for the update.

The best I can tell from what I've seen and heard is the Lotus Spa pool is adults only on the Coral but not on the Island. Kind of odd.

Have fun,

Scott

Largin,

Any word on wooden horse racing? How about those secret doors to secret balconies forward and aft?

Thanks for the updates.

Rumbline

Rumbline, We were on the Coral a couple weeks ago. The doors aren't all that secret. They are at the end of the halls. You just open the first door, go into a sort of entry area and go out the second door and there you are on the forward deck. They can't be too big of a secret because there were a lot of folks out there as we sailed under the Golden Gate Bridge!! :)

Just some quick replies..

BDJAM.. I have your Martini Cards..

Northwoods2.. Weather fantastic.. No rain, a bit cool in glacier bay all others Sun out..

Princesshhi.. We are in a foward mini-suite C212.. Great room, little movement

Crusdiva.. We will be Elite after this cruise.. Champagne was given when we walked into our room by our steward. I guess everyone gets it but not sure. Not only did Generoso remember us, he hugged my wife and sat us at the same table near the window that we had the last time. Our head waiter was the same and he also remembered us. Because of this, we have been getting special appetizers and pastas that are not on the menu.. I will need to stave until December when we are on the Dawn.

NBW.. Dunno on Freddie. Will check in Crooners today/tonight

Rumbline.. No wooden horse races..

Druke.. No steerage, Mini.. I prefer NOT to sleep sideways.. :D

As for my friend RAGS..

Talked with Rags again last night.. He is all excited as eariler he received a letter from Ramona. It has been over two months since her has heard from her. Roberto is out of the hospital. Remember he was hit by a truck. Nothing major but he has to walk with crutches until his two broken legs fully mend. Sometimes he has memory lapses but in time the doctors say he should be back to normal. Ramona and her twins, Rosario and Rosanna are out of the hospital and back home. Ramona is doing fine and the local villagers are helping out. You see Ramona has five other children. Roberto Junior is 10, Recinda is 8, Ricardo is 6, Ruldalfo III is 4 and Ramiamia is 2. The children help but what they can do is limited. But all is going well. Roberto took a course from the International Correspondence School in Milan on TV repair and is now able to repair all of the broken sets in the village. Because of the high number of electrical storms blowing out pictures tubes, he is doing a brisk business.

Rosa and Rudy have formed a duo called “Simple People” and are touring the local townships and villages their new CD “Music for Simple People by Simple People”. Their song “Would You Rather Have Two Legs or a Good Left Hand?” is quite a favorite among the locals.

This morning Rags introduced me to the Assistant Purser Waldo Williamson and we all had a long breakfast together. Waldo and his family are from Wolverhamton. His sister Winona caused quite a stir when she left the Convent at Worcestershire and married Willie, the woodworker from Williamsburg. Waldo told me that Winona and Willie are doing quite well. Winona works as a word processor and Willie’s woodworking talents are known far and wide. Willie’s sculpture “Wisent” is located in the center of Wolverhampton Square and his whiffle-trees are used by all of the farmers in the countryside. Winona’s talents aren’t quite that good. Although she is a competent typist, she good be better if she had all of her fingers on her right hand. She lost two of her fingers while in the Convent at Worcestershire. She was running tot get a glimpse of the Pope driving by, slipped and fell face first onto the roadway with her arms outstretched. The Pope ran over her hand and two of her fingers had to be removed. Wasn’t all that bad as the Pope stopped, talked to her and blessed her fingers.

Well all gotta run and go on the shuttle to Ketchikan.. Any more questions.. just ask..

BDJAM.. I have your Martini Cards..

You are the best. Thank you very much. You’ve made a lady in Connecticut (not me) very happy! I’ll arrange to get them from you when you get home!!

This morning Rags introduced me to the Assistant Purser Waldo Williamson and we all had a long breakfast together. Waldo and his family are from Wolverhamton. His sister Winona caused quite a stir when she left the Convent at Worcestershire and married Willie, the woodworker from Williamsburg. Waldo told me that Winona and Willie are doing quite well. Winona works as a word processor and Willie’s woodworking talents are known far and wide. Willie’s sculpture “Wisent” is located in the center of Wolverhampton Square and his whiffle-trees are used by all of the farmers in the countryside. Winona’s talents aren’t quite that good. Although she is a competent typist, she good be better if she had all of her fingers on her right hand. She lost two of her fingers while in the Convent at Worcestershire. She was running tot get a glimpse of the Pope driving by, slipped and fell face first onto the roadway with her arms outstretched. The Pope ran over her hand and two of her fingers had to be removed. Wasn’t all that bad as the Pope stopped, talked to her and blessed her fingers.

Sounds like Isaac has been visiting frequently...:D

Hi Larry,

Glad to read you are having a good time and are being well looked after by the sounds of things. If you see Gloria please tell her I'm thinking of her too. Will eagerly await your review on your return. In the meantime, enjoy the rest of your cruise.

Laura

PS: Sue, delighted to see you are okay as well. Take care.

Larry,

1. Is there WIFI on Coral ? if yes, what's the cost ?

2. Know anything about the 'obstructed-view' rooms ? Are they truly 'obstructed' that all you can see is the lifeboat ?

(not that I don't want a balcony but it's all I can afford after single supplement kicks in :( )

thx ..

Hi Sue, nice to hear from you again ..were you 'hiding' ?

Crusdiva.. We will be Elite after this cruise.. Champagne was given when we walked into our room by our steward. I guess everyone gets it but not sure

It would be nice if this were something new...

Not only did Generoso remember us, he hugged my wife and sat us at the same table near the window that we had the last time. Our head waiter was the same and he also remembered us. Because of this, we have been getting special appetizers and pastas that are not on the menu.. I will need to stave until December when we are on the Dawn.

God, I love it when that happens.:D

Thanks for the updates, I can't wait for your review.

Not only did Generoso remember us, he hugged my wife and sat us at the same table near the window that we had the last time.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Generoso is the BEST ;)

Please say Ciao to him for me.

Thanks & enjoy the rest of your cruise!!

Archived