New Oceania cruiser question

sailorgirl

Frequent cruiser here, first time Oceania, booked a PH suite. I usually book directly with cruise line but used T/A to get a special offer. My question is about making online dinner reservations. Am I "locked out" so to speak because I booked through an agent, or can I do my own online requests? Thanks.

Not a problem. We booked all our dinners online, and our entire cruise and air was thru an agent. NOTE: We did use an agent recommended by Oceania, but I do not think it matters. Once you are booked for the cruise, you are booked. And you will be "hooked". We just returned from our first cruise ever, on O's Marina, Athens to Istanbul. Wonderful.

Penchik

Why would you even think you'd be locked out because you booked with a TA? One only gets benefits from using a TA, not detractions.

Yes, but booking through an Agent does make it necessary to make most changes through that Agent, rather than dealing directly with the cruise line.

Advance dinner reservations happen to be an exception to that rule, but I can easily see how a newbie might be confused.

depending on your cabin category you can book online according to the schedule listed

http://www.oceaniacruises.com/guestservices/faq.aspx?Cat=All

Q: When can I make reservations in the specialty restaurant?A: ONLINE RESERVATIONS (Pre cruise)

Now you can make advanced dining reservations online for Polo Grill and Toscana. Pending availability, you can select preferred dates and times and even invite guests to join your party. Please visit the Already Booked section of our website to make your dining reservations. Restrictions do apply so make sure you read our Reservation Rules before attempting to make reservations.

OS/VS/OC- Final Payment Due Date (90 or 150 days until 15 days prior to sailing)

PH- 75 -15 days prior)

A Concierge Level- 60-15 days prior)

All Other Categories- 45-15 days prior)

depending on your cabin category you can book online according to the schedule listed

http://www.oceaniacruises.com/guestservices/faq.aspx?Cat=All

Q: When can I make reservations in the specialty restaurant?A: ONLINE RESERVATIONS (Pre cruise)

Now you can make advanced dining reservations online for Polo Grill and Toscana. Pending availability, you can select preferred dates and times and even invite guests to join your party. Please visit the Already Booked section of our website to make your dining reservations. Restrictions do apply so make sure you read our Reservation Rules before attempting to make reservations.

OS/VS/OC- Final Payment Due Date (90 or 150 days until 15 days prior to sailing)

PH- 75 -15 days prior)

A Concierge Level- 60-15 days prior)

All Other Categories- 45-15 days prior)

Yes, but only if the booking is already paid in full:

RESERVATION RULES

1. Your booking must be paid in full.
  2. The online dining reservation system closes 7 days prior to your sailing's embarkation date.
  3. Owner's, Vista and Oceania Suites can make reservations 90 days until 7 days prior to embarkation.
  4. Penthouse Suites can make reservations 75 days until 7 days prior to embarkation.
  5. Concierge Level Veranda Staterooms can make reservations 60 days until 7 days prior to embarkation.
  6. Veranda, Ocean View and Inside Staterooms can make reservations 45 days until 7 days prior to embarkation.

Yes, but only if the booking is already paid in full:

If you book before the final payment date the final payment is due 90 days or 150 days in some cases prior to sailing

If you book after final payment day then you should be paid in full at the time of booking

Reservations do not open up until 90 days prior even for OS (unless you have connections it may be different)

So what is the point you are trying to make ???

Lyn

OK everyone. I followed the rules and made my reservations online (I wish I could have chosen Polo Grill and Jacques more than once but not possible). I gather there's a possibility of adding more reservations, if there is availability, once on board. Thanks all for your comments and suggestions.

OK everyone. I followed the rules and made my reservations online (I wish I could have chosen Polo Grill and Jacques more than once but not possible). I gather there's a possibility of adding more reservations, if there is availability, once on board. Thanks all for your comments and suggestions.

Sailorgirl, you will love Red Ginger too! Love the ceremony of the little wet nap opening with the hot water, the selection of chop sticks, the tea. And the food is great. Love the ice cream too. My husband loved the caramel tapioca with mango. I have been successful in getting another reservation at the desk in the Reception area (bottom of the grand staircase) first thing in the morning. Other people have other strategies, I am sure.

Archived