*** The Galveston, Texas "Cruise Cam" Watch Group ***

Vessel Finder is pretty accurate...I knew one of the ships was about to head in because I saw a pilot going out.

Navigator is on the Emerald Cam and the Harbor Cam now.

JUst added vessel finder so I have both apps on the iPad now. Vessel finder does seem to work better at least at the moment.

I saw that too but I have a feeling they won't be able to get out later...unless the wind picks up and blows it all out!

FYI...my DH is a Meteorologist, and he just looked at a few things. He said barring a miracle the ships will be spending the night docked in Galveston.

FYI...my DH is a Meteorologist, and he just looked at a few things. He said barring a miracle the ships will be spending the night docked in Galveston.

Yeah I think I'd have to agree it will be until tomorrow when the cold front comes thru, which is supposed to bring possible winters mix to LaGrange. One plan weather wise is to add wx sta at ranch tied into verizon wireless to beam me data every 15min so I can track weather right at ranch.

I suppose folks can enjoy Galveston this afternoon.

Yeah I think I'd have to agree it will be until tomorrow when the cold front comes thru, which is supposed to bring possible winters mix to LaGrange. One plan weather wise is to add wx sta at ranch tied into verizon wireless to beam me data every 15min so I can track weather right at ranch.

I suppose folks can enjoy Galveston this afternoon.

When the sun goes down new things happen......WE WILL SEE...dinner in the channel isn't so bad. The crew will be working long hours..... :(

When the sun goes down new things happen......WE WILL SEE...dinner in the channel isn't so bad. The crew will be working long hours..... :(

Glad you point out hard working crew. So many forget that they get nothing but extra work out of these bad turn around days.

I'll admit.. I haven't paid much attention to Galveston, being that 4 ports are in driving distance from my home in Florida. But I love the Navigator... and followed her refurb... and now have been lurking on this thread....

My question... how often does Galveston have problems with fog? Is it just winter? Or is this just unusual?

I will admit I'm new to watching the Galveston cams. Why does it look so clear on the strand cam but the harbor cam is showing quite a bit of fog?

Does Galveston have problems with fog when it gets closer to summer? I'm obviously interested because we are taking our first cruise from Galveston in May.

Thanks cruisers!

MTG

I'll admit.. I haven't paid much attention to Galveston, being that 4 ports are in driving distance from my home in Florida. But I love the Navigator... and followed her refurb... and now have been lurking on this thread....

My question... how often does Galveston have problems with fog? Is it just winter? Or is this just unusual?

It seems to hit in waves where one year it happens several times and next year not so bad. Mainly in Winter though.

I will admit I'm new to watching the Galveston cams. Why does it look so clear on the strand cam but the harbor cam is showing quite a bit of fog?

Does Galveston have problems with fog when it gets closer to summer? I'm obviously interested because we are taking our first cruise from Galveston in May.

Thanks cruisers!

MTG

HIGHLY unlikely you'll experience fog in May... But this is Texas, and us Texans have been known to experience all 4 seasons in one day

Yeah freezing the other day warm today back to cold and wet tomorrow. Oh well minor issues with weather some of the year isn't so bad all things considered. But With appearance of fog rolling back in I suppose they may not be sailing tonight.

What are the chances of hitting fog in April? We are cruising the 6th on NOS.

Sent from my iPad using Forums mobile app

For the most part it's a winter problem...we should be fine in April.:)

I see that Galveston is already getting socked in again.:( That was a pretty narrow window when the fog lifted today, and I think RCI and Carnival were lucky to at least get the ships into port.

For the most part it's a winter problem...we should be fine in April.:)

I see that Galveston is already getting socked in again.:( That was a pretty narrow window when the fog lifted today, and I think RCI and Carnival were lucky to at least get the ships into port.

Yeah it could have been a far bigger nightmare. Even getting bad once again near bw8 and b Forrest, with real sun only out less than an hour.

Yeah it could have been a far bigger nightmare. Even getting bad once again near bw8 and b Forrest, with real sun only out less than an hour.

You're right! At least people get to board and the others disembarked! I just got back from walking and the fog started rolling in here around 5:45. It is chilly and damp outside! Very yucky!

We went for a bike ride between 3:00-4:00. Not too long after we got home it started getting cloudy/foggy again.

We went for a bike ride between 3:00-4:00. Not too long after we got home it started getting cloudy/foggy again.

Yeah. Not looking forward to next dog walk tonight. Oh well it will be better than next couple of days or trying to get aboard ship right now, or really in an hour or so. Just wish I could walk her in the gym at westside but alas she always wants to do some business on her walks.