*** The Galveston, Texas "Cruise Cam" Watch Group ***

Anyone know what time the Triumph left Galveston last night? It didn't get in until almost 2 PM due to the fog. My daughter will be boarding her monday for her very first cruise. :D

I think it was around 9pm or maybe 10pm when I looked to see what ship traffic was going on that way on Vessel Tracker and CCL-T was just rounding the end of the island heading out to sea. Late but not too late.

I was just reading an article on the blog that featured the the Feb 9th Navigator cruise blogger....and there is an article about summer 2015 cruises....Liberty to Galveston according to the article....Royal needs to hurry up, I am so ready to book!

=======================================================

Loyal2RCCL user_offline.gif

Cool Cruiser

icon1.gif

I have the full deployment schedule for 2015-16 that lists each ship/itinerary and when they'll be open for sale. Unfortunately RCCL does not want the opening dates made public, so I can't help there but to clear up all the speculation on which ship will be where.. here you go:

EUROPE-- RH, SP, AD, BR, SR, VI, AN

WINTER CARIBBEAN- AN (from FLL), AD (From Pt. Canaveral), AL (FLL), FR (Pt. Can), OA (FLL), SR (FLL)

SUMMER CARIBBEAN-- LB (Galveston), NV (San Juan)

FALL BERMUDA-- QN

HAWAII/AUSTRALIA- EX, RD, VY, LG

WINTER CARIBBEAN- BR (Tampa), GR (Baltimore), JW (San Juan), LB (Galveston), NV (San Juan), QN (Bayonne), VI (Tampa)

SHORT CRUISE/BAHAMAS-- EN (Pt. Can), ID (FLL) and MJ (MIA)

BRAZIL/S. AMERICA-- RH

DUBAI-- SP

CHINA-- EX, LG, MA, VY

WINTER SINGAPORE-- MA

http://boards.cruisecritic.com/showpost.php?p=41756390&postcount=734

Looks clear this morning from the house.

Don't want rain either - want to paint the deck today:(

Homes tour is the first two weeks in May, but photos are in the next two weeks:D

More info on home tour? Something that takes an hour or two? Nice inland today and hopefully nice at ranch as I head there shortly. Maybe dd homework done timely so after ranch we can do Mardi Gras tonight.

Looks clear this morning from the house.

Don't want rain either - want to paint the deck today:(

Homes tour is the first two weeks in May, but photos are in the next two

weeks

Looks like I did not get my wish. Anyone get any more info on how bad the fog is today. Mary you might have 4 more painters arriving this afternoon :D

OMG another late day for Navi....I bet the Cpt. is getting tired of this...foggy here too in the hill country!

Mary you spoke too soon! It started heating up the minute the sun appeared and fogged you in.....sorry...

Edited by BecciBoo

OMG another late day for Navi....I bet the Cpt. is getting tired of this...foggy here too in the hill country!

Mary you spoke too soon! It started heating up the minute the sun appeared and fogged you in.....sorry...

No kidding! It is that time of year and it was really warm yesterday. Started out in long sleeves, jeans and tennis shoes; but 10 am changed to tank top, shorts and flip flops:p

And, since we need to paint the deck, I guarantee the weather will be crappy:(

At least it is warm for Mardi Gras:)

Kate: the wine is chilled!

Edited by Galveston Cruiser

Ugh! As soon as I woke up and saw the fog in Houston I knew it was going to be another long day for Galveston cruisers.:( The good news is the weather should start to consistently warm up soon, and with warmer water comes a reduced chance of fog.

We just got an email from royal that the port is closed and they will send another update at 11am

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Got the same email. We might leave here around noon...........will let you know Mary...............keep the wine chilling. :p

It is very foggy here. We are being told the ships are delayed at least until noon.

Sent from my SCH-I925 using Forums mobile app

If port opens at boot we will not dock until after 1:30. It takes that much time to enter the channel. Hope for the best.

Another messy day for cruisers. This throws off parking since lots do not clear out in time for the next group departing and thus traffic backs up. Local restaurants might benefit but once you are at the cruise terminal, there are little choices for food. On board it is not much better since most of the ship facilities will be closed and there is nothing but hurry up and wait in the public areas. It will be another long day. Hopefully the wind will pick up and blow it away allowing time to dock.

I love cruising out of Galveston. But this time year has a high chance of fog. :(

Ugh! As soon as I woke up and saw the fog in Houston I knew it was going to be another long day for Galveston cruisers.:( The good news is the weather should start to consistently warm up soon, and with warmer water comes a reduced chance of fog.

Yeah the fog was thick on our street. Didn't expect that this morning. After all yesterday was awesome.

As long as Spring Break is nice.

Sun is coming out:)

Not here yet...wish it was.

Missed Mardi Gras due to homework overload yesterday. With late ships no sense in getting caught up in the mix today. Dw found condo at sandcastle she wants to see so hope we schedule our Galveston day next weekend.

Hope all cruisers are able to get thru the messed up say without too much discomfort.