*** The Galveston, Texas "Cruise Cam" Watch Group ***

Not here yet...wish it was.

Missed Mardi Gras due to homework overload yesterday. With late ships no sense in getting caught up in the mix today. Dw found condo at sandcastle she wants to see so hope we schedule our Galveston day next weekend.

Hope all cruisers are able to get thru the messed up say without too much discomfort.

Don't forget, next weekend is the BIG Mardi Gras weekend!

Don't forget, next weekend is the BIG Mardi Gras weekend!

Yes part of reason I want to go there. Dw main coworkers in NOLA are over in Tampa next week or we'd have figured a reason for a Friday NOLA meeting so dd and I could head over at end of day...but then again I suspect Galveston version is more family friendly anyhow.

Yes part of reason I want to go there. Dw main coworkers in NOLA are over in Tampa next week or we'd have figured a reason for a Friday NOLA meeting so dd and I could head over at end of day...but then again I suspect Galveston version is more family friendly anyhow.

Very much so. There are always a few that try to push the envelope, but the police won't put up with it.

Sunday is the Krewe of Barkus and Meow and children's parade.

We usually have our Border Collie in it, but are working on our home for the annual GHF homes tour in May.

No Mardi Gras for us this year:(

Very much so. There are always a few that try to push the envelope, but the police won't put up with it.

Sunday is the Krewe of Barkus and Meow and children's parade.

We usually have our Border Collie in it, but are working on our home for the annual GHF homes tour in May.

No Mardi Gras for us this year:(

Had not looked up the parade schedule for next weekend but Sunday sure would make sense with the meow. I am sure we can see at least Sandcastle condo on Sunday before parade. Mom and several of her friends hung out at friends condo in Strand area and went over to that parade saying it was great.

Mil will miss upcoming cruise due to her medical issues (we have insurance) but said she will miss Houston Ship Channel most. Of course I think she really wants to see all the areas on Sam Houston boat tour so we will do late in Late March for her. Not much to see once pulling out of Bayport. I like Galveston though for what is near the port.

There's a PILOT headed out towards the ships (on Vessel Finder). Hopefully that means things have cleared enough to start moving the ships in.

As you said, hopefully that's a good sign. We were on the Navigator a couple of weeks ago when we were delayed getting in until late afternoon - 4ish I think. We were being updated fairly often and it didn't appear we were going to be headed into the port anytime soon when we heard the pilot boat come alongside - shortly after we were on our way :-)

Bummed to see the fog this morning, we leave in 2 weeks and fingers crossed it is clear that weekend!

Was watching Emerald cam and it cleared up for a while but getting foggy again.

Hopeful next weekend is last one with the crazy temp changes that cause fog.

Wind was howling as I drove back from ranch yesterday evening so to hear it died down overnight was interesting. Great day for a nap though.

My mom is on the ship now....they have been told they should dock at around 1:30 and to expect the off loading to take up to 3 hours....they booked a hotel for the night so they don't drive home is the dark....I feel for those with flights to catch!

Check out the new Cruise Cam video...it's wonderful!

The video has never before worked from the iPad will give a try. Also finishing helping dd get ready for troop cookie sale at Randall's. If they sell enough I think I will buy rest and donate for consumption at woman's shelter.

Fog started rolling in about 1-1/2 hours from the east (seen from Home Depot)and could be seen offshore from the Seawall at Kroger.

Doesn't seem bad at the house as visibility has not diminished, but can feel the dampness.

So much for trying to get the back deck painted:mad: Looks like it will be the end of week now as we expect rain most of the week.

Will ask DH when he returns from fueling my car at Kroger:p

The video has never before worked from the iPad will give a try. Also finishing helping dd get ready for troop cookie sale at Randall's. If they sell enough I think I will buy rest and donate for consumption at woman's shelter.

Darn! If I had seen this I would have run over to Randall's for some GS Cookies!

Darn! If I had seen this I would have run over to Randall's for some GS Cookies!

They did well. Started with about fiord to five times what is left over. Randall's. Dairy ashford at Memorial where I worked back in high school. Think they counted 76 boxes left and dw is emailing the other families to see who wants more for homes and rest will end up at HAWC shelter. So glad dd and her friend did well selling. They did eight percentage of sales from the whole group split into two shifts.

Hope ships make it out tonight.