*** The Galveston, Texas "Cruise Cam" Watch Group ***

They did well. Started with about fiord to five times what is left over. Randall's. Dairy ashford at Memorial where I worked back in high school. Think they counted 76 boxes left and dw is emailing the other families to see who wants more for homes and rest will end up at HAWC shelter. So glad dd and her friend did well selling. They did eight percentage of sales from the whole group split into two shifts.

Hope ships make it out tonight.

OOPS! Wrong Randall's...I go to Town & Country.

Emerald cruise cam not working.....did navigator get out tonight? Seems like Majic is still there. Anyone in Galveston know?

Not yet...both ships are still in port.

Magic is leaving now.

Jen

Wow they sure are making a path out of there. Bet pax really glad given the thick fog.

Emerald cam looks really fogged in.

Added line and fixed typo in edit

Edited by Rancher Dave

It's Krewe!

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

Oops. I knew that but fingers and this tiny keyboard just don't connect right...I chalk it up to three hours of workouts today and my being about ready for sleep. Did 100 flights of stairs and over ten miles today.

Oops. I knew that but fingers and this tiny keyboard just don't connect right...I chalk it up to three hours of workouts today and my being about ready for sleep. Did 100 flights of stairs and over ten miles today.

Okay, you win:D

Should not have painted the primer coat on the deck. With 100% humidity and fog, it will take a month to dry:eek:

Does anyone know what's the latest a ship has come in due to the fog? My daughter and her family are there in Galveston waiting to board the Triumph for their very first cruise and are really bummed right now. Will Carnival reemburse them for a hotel room tonight if the ship isn't able to come in? Just wondering how that works. :confused:

Apparently Carnival just sent out a text message that pax for today's cruise won't board until tomorrow, and they will have an update at 9 a.m.

Carnival will refund the missed day and probably give some OBC as a goodwill gesture, but since this is an "Act of God" I think hotels will need to be reimbursed through insurance. Ladysilver and others who are wondering, if your relatives need a hotel room, they should book one themselves a.s.a.p. Do NOT rely on Carnival to do it for you!

Just back from the Navigator yesterday. Had a great time. I heard the fog horns early in the morning so knew we would be delayed getting back to Galveston. Capt informed us around 7am that we would be delayed until around noon. Were told we didn't have to leave our staterooms, the main dining room stayed open late for breakfast and they opened the buffet around 11:30 for lunch. They added all kinds of activities and showed movies in the theater. It was interesting because we were all watching the Galveston web cams and the port area was clear, as Capt Frank mentioned in his 10 a.m. update, we will be here for awhile because I can't see anything. We were surprised to see the pilot boat show up in all the fog.

Hope they had time to get everything loaded onto the ship yesterday. The Sunday before we left all the new furniture for the new cabins on deck 12 sitting on the pier. Capt Frank saw the fog beginning to roll in and he wanted to get out, so we left the furniture on the pier. The Hotel Director said he was beginning to panic. We did sneak a peek at the new cabins, they are really pretty and very modern looking. The bathrooms are tiled in 1 inch glass tiles. They have also used the same tile throughout the ship in the rest rooms.

I do have pictures, I will try to post them. I'm a virgin at posting pictures.

IMG_5622.jpg.921cd62d3ebffb900b4bcfe47848e558.jpg

IMG_5624.jpg.0069b89f2d801daeb43508209eca451a.jpg

IMG_5625.jpg.a62b09e785d8f708104208863d8eeaaa.jpg

IMG_5626.jpg.c4d953b4436985427876a9e1fd2f0fec.jpg

IMG_5628.jpg.9b8e8a3a8af5f19c357bc95795f272e7.jpg

Sorry, the bathroom and bunk bed pictures are on their sides, don't know how to turn them...LOL The Bunks and large cabin area with the b2b TV's is the family suite.

I do have pictures, I will try to post them. I'm a virgin at posting pictures.

[ATTACH]303465[/ATTACH]

[ATTACH]303466[/ATTACH]

[ATTACH]303467[/ATTACH]

[ATTACH]303468[/ATTACH]

[ATTACH]303469[/ATTACH]

Sorry, the bathroom and bunk bed pictures are on their sides, don't know how to turn them...LOL The Bunks and large cabin area with the b2b TV's is the family suite.

Wow, what a view! Those new cabins are pretty darn cool

It's a bad day to be stuck on the island:rolleyes: Awful weather!

Deck paint is still wet, paw prints everywhere:eek:

Did kitty track the paint inside? The moisture has some areas near dog run muddy and they track mud inside after going out to potty. Really humid, but cool, when I walked monster dog tonight. Actually she tried to take me on a run.

Looks like there is some risk that triumph may not be in tomorrow at least early enough to make any ports. I hope if it turns to a three night to nowhere they sell some of the vacated cabins as that would be one way to get away for a couple days.

Does anyone know what's the latest a ship has come in due to the fog? My daughter and her family are there in Galveston waiting to board the Triumph for their very first cruise and are really bummed right now. Will Carnival reemburse them for a hotel room tonight if the ship isn't able to come in? Just wondering how that works. :confused:

According to my coworker that is on the ship, they had to come in early enough to get everyone off of the ship by 5:30 p.m. or else the homeland security folks go into overtime. Too bad, less fog now than yesterday. Could barely see Magic leave.

Jen