*** The Galveston, Texas "Cruise Cam" Watch Group ***

Triumph is only big ship moving in the area. I wonder if the can sail in and dock and just hold everyone like Caribbean Princess did a few weeks ago. At least that way they would know those stuck on an extended cruise can get off and go home.

Apparently Carnival just sent out a text message that pax for today's cruise won't board until tomorrow, and they will have an update at 9 a.m.

Carnival will refund the missed day and probably give some OBC as a goodwill gesture, but since this is an "Act of God" I think hotels will need to be reimbursed through insurance. Ladysilver and others who are wondering, if your relatives need a hotel room, they should book one themselves a.s.a.p. Do NOT rely on Carnival to do it for you!

They were able to get a hotel room early enough without any trouble. They are terribly disapointed but understand that this is totally out of their control. Being their first cruise, they were just so excited (they have 3 kids. 12, 8 and 5) and they were super excited. I hope the ship can come in and they are able to board tomorrow.

Looks like Triumph is about at cruise terminal. Guess they will debark just like a normal cruise just a day late, unless CBP was held for big time overtime...per letter posted on CCL board all depends what time they sail which port gets skipped. Before 630p they go to Cozumel and after then only Progresso. That assumes fog is cleared by rain and they are able to sail...at least they are in so can sail when ready

Looks like Triumph is about at cruise terminal. Guess they will debark just like a normal cruise just a day late, unless CBP was held for big time overtime...per letter posted on CCL board all depends what time they sail which port gets skipped. Before 630p they go to Cozumel and after then only Progresso. That assumes fog is cleared by rain and they are able to sail...at least they are in so can sail when ready

Heard from my daughter this morning. They stayed at a hotel last night and are excited to see the ship has come in, so they can board later. As for weather or not they'll be able to leave today, we'll have to wait and see if the fog lifts enough for that. :confused:

Heard from my daughter this morning. They stayed at a hotel last night and are excited to see the ship has come in, so they can board later. As for weather or not they'll be able to leave today, we'll have to wait and see if the fog lifts enough for that. :confused:

Glad they will at least get aboard. I expect sometime the rain will come and hopefully help cool things down so the fog goes away...just need a bigger difference between air and sea temps to come about.

The Bunks and large cabin area with the b2b TV's is the family suite.

Welcome home Carla, that is the same cabin we took our photo of from the Peekaboo bridge area.

Looks cool inside. Did you see the new ones in the same area that have balconies??

Welcome home Carla, that is the same cabin we took our photo of from the Peekaboo bridge area.

Looks cool inside. Did you see the new ones in the same area that have balconies??

Yes they look like the regular cabin in the picture and same bathroom, just add the balcony. One of our friends took videos of the cabins and think she was going to post to you tube.

Sent from my DROID RAZR using Forums mobile app

Becci, there are some pictures of one of the new balcony cabins on the last page of this week's roll call, starting with post number 2187. "Shmthaus" posted them after they boarded and got in their cabin on Sunday. http://boards.cruisecritic.com/showthread.php?t=1766387&page=55

Rumor on the island is Carnival may bring in a 3rd ship and, also not ruling out RCI with a 2nd.

Would like to see Celebrity return:)

On the Carnival board, there is a thread about Freedom being repositioned to Galveston in 2015. Right now it's all just rumor and speculation. Most of the people seem to think it would be as a replacement. I don't follow Carnival closely enough to know what might be up.

On the Carnival board, there is a thread about Freedom being repositioned to Galveston in 2015. Right now it's all just rumor and speculation. Most of the people seem to think it would be as a replacement. I don't follow Carnival closely enough to know what might be up.

It will be the Liberty of the Seas - Freedom class

I follow John Heald's Carnival blog and he has referred to Carnival Freedom and said the announcement has been delayed. I'll post if I hear anything official.

Deedee

Edited by cricketts

and bring back their super 10 night and 11 night cruises to the Panama Canal!!!!

Hitting the LIKE button!

Gets my vote. Cruised Panama Canal on the Disney Wonder from LA last September since it ended up in Galveston. Turned out to be a girl's cruise with good friend since our husbands couldn't go. Want to take DH.