*** The Galveston, Texas "Cruise Cam" Watch Group ***

Just got this regarding tomorrow.

S: Important Notice - Navigator of the Seas, March 23, 2014

Hello, this is Royal Caribbean International. We would like to provide you with important information regarding your sailing on March 23, 2014, onboard the Navigator of the Seas. The Galveston area is forecasted to receive dense fog. Because of this, the Navigator of the Seas' arrival to Galveston may be delayed, which would impact your boarding time. We will provide you with an additional update tomorrow morning. We ask that you not travel to the port terminal until you have received our update. Thank you and we look forward to welcoming you onboard. To confirm: reply with 'YES' and send.

Sent from my iPhone using Forums mobile app

My Neighbor was down there today at friends beach house. She said it was foggy all day...............Looks like another delayed sailing for Navigator tomorrow. Bet the Captain and crew are pretty fed up with this. Its been a tough year since she arrived from the TA .:eek:

Edited by mcca2

Fog not only risk these days. How about a sunk barge closing down Houston ship channel.

I saw that...that poor ship! It's like they can't win.:( I hate that, because I'm sure Princess can't wait to get out of here!

My Neighbor was down there today at friends beach house. She said it was foggy all day...............Looks like another delayed sailing for Navigator tomorrow. Bet the Captain and crew are pretty fed up with this. Its been a tough year since she arrived from the TA .:eek:

It's been a rough winter everywhere, including for fog in Galveston!

Some years are really. Bad and others a non issue. Just saw tonight it was second crash in Houston SC this week. Our captain hit pier in Cozumel...scraped some paint bug nothing else. It was the terrible winds that were the major factor...that and perhaps the pilot saying you can do it....seems many crashes happen in Cozumel. I watched it happen from Skywalkers where everyone ran to port side up there to watch...ultimately a non event sort of like hitting a camel while departing. There is a story to the camel but I will refrain from repeating it in here.

I saw that...that poor ship! It's like they can't win.:( I hate that, because I'm sure Princess can't wait to get out of here!

It's been a rough winter everywhere, including for fog in Galveston!

Cindy I will never forget my 4 hour wait outside the terminal on February 23. Yes I know we were told not to go till 4.30, but I had dropped off two GFFs at about 2.30 pm . The line then was unbelievable. We went and parked and when we got back later we could not find them in the line so went to the end of it. ( like good girls)

There was no guidance for D D+ Suites or anyone until you got into the terminal building. We were all stuck out there.

It was 7.00 pm before we got on and headed straight for the CL as I really needed a drink by then. My legs ached for days from standing on the concrete. I felt very sorry for a lot of older people ( that is older than me hahaha)

But we had a great cruise, I am just so sorry for anyone who has to go through that. We were lucky the weather was mild and no rain. It could have been much worse and was for some very elderly people. There were no restrooms except in the terminal and no water.

It was a bit like the movie Paradise Road..............Never want to go through that again, but we survived and had a great cruise. :)

Some years are really. Bad and others a non issue. Just saw tonight it was second crash in Houston SC this week. Our captain hit pier in Cozumel...scraped some paint bug nothing else. It was the terrible winds that were the major factor...that and perhaps the pilot saying you can do it....seems many crashes happen in Cozumel. I watched it happen from Skywalkers where everyone ran to port side up there to watch...ultimately a non event sort of like hitting a camel while departing. There is a story to the camel but I will refrain from repeating it in here.

I feel really bad for the people on Princess, not able to leave today.

Ugh...Mother Nature strikes again. She has an uncanny way of presenting Galveston with fog on ship turnaround days.:(

On a positive note, there is a cool front moving through Houston that should help clear things out. Hopefully this will be a short delay!

All traffic stopped right now pending oil spill clean up. I am sailing on Navigator today. But the oil spill situation is pretty serious in terms of delay. I am pretty sure the cold front mid morning will blow the fog away but nothing is moving in the channel until the spill is cleaned up.

Latest on the spill:

KTRK: http://abclocal.go.com/ktrk/story?se...cal&id=9476801

Houston Chronicle: http://www.chron.com/news/houston-te...ip-5341213.php

KHOU: http://www.khou.com/news/local/A-bar...251749321.html

Navigator and Magic are sitting off shore in a stack of ships waiting.

http://www.vesselfinder.com/?p=3325

I am fortunate I live in Spring, Texas and it is a a 90 minute drive for me. So we will just sit tight at home waiting until we know we can proceed and board. I feel very sorry for those on board Navigator and Magic right now. Chances of missing a flight continue to grow.

HOpe this season doesn't affect future plans for Liberty:(

Remember, we were on the Feb. 5th sailing and didn't dock until 5:00 in the afternoon, we had it pretty good, but all those waiting at the terminal.....:(

Hope she can get in and out ASAP.

Actually looks like its starting to clear on the webcam

Edited by BecciBoo

Where is the spill in relation to the port?

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

I believe it is further up the Houston Ship channel. Not near the Galveston port. But the clean up zone excluding ship traffic does appear to cover the port of Galveston. :(

Are you sailing today on Navigator or Magic?

Edited by LoneStarJeffe

Ugh...Mother Nature strikes again. She has an uncanny way of presenting Galveston with fog on ship turnaround days.:(

On a positive note, there is a cool front moving through Houston that should help clear things out. Hopefully this will be a short delay!

I stand corrected. I thought the accident was far enough up the channel that Galveston wouldn't be impacted as far as ships getting in and out, but I was wrong.:(

We are on the NOS. Our family of 4 and my dad and step mom. We usually sail out if NOLA or Florida. My dad and stepmom have never cruised. The kids don't know they are going. We were going to surprise them on board.

We are on the NOS. Our family of 4 and my dad and step mom. We usually sail out if NOLA or Florida. My dad and stepmom have never cruised. The kids don't know they are going. We were going to surprise them on board.

Hang in there. I doubt we will know more for a few hours. Should have a better idea of how long a delay between 10 and 11 am this morning.

By the way, the Pier 23 cam is usually easiest to use to see if the Carnival Magic has docked. If you see Magic there, then likely Navigator is sitting right behind her out of camera view.

http://www.galveston.com/pier23cam/

Edited by LoneStarJeffe

Just heard on our M&M thread from someone on board Navigator that the captain said the port likely will not open until at least noon. Docking and disembarkation would likely not start until 1:30 or 2 pm. That is hoping the port opens then which is far from confirmed.

Not kerosene, but bunker oil which is very heavy.

Wonder how much of the oil will float vs staying below the surface as it's bottom of barrel oil. Only slightly more refined than what blew out of Mocondo well.

Ch13 about to share more they have on situation and specifically said all cruise ships affected. Guess those on Caribbean Princess will miss at least one port. Given the booze laws the wine list is very limited aboard...dad didn't really like the choices at dinner last week as we sailed down channel. Glad for us Spring Break was last week not this coming week. (Also with a week on NCL Getaway a week from yesterday I need this week at home...have to Spring clean the yard today.)

Just heard on our M&M thread from someone on board Navigator that the captain said the port likely will not open until at least noon. Docking and disembarkation would likely not start until 1:30 or 2 pm. That is hoping the port opens then which is far from confirmed.

The news sounds less sure of when port may open. I figure someone could call the USGC folks who control the channel and ask when it may be open.