*** The Galveston, Texas "Cruise Cam" Watch Group ***

DH and I just discussed this, and our vote would be to board tonight, regardless of what time. I think it's going to be a zoo in Galveston with people boarding the Magic tomorrow looking for rooms, people boarding the Triumph tomorrow who have reservations, and now people disembarking two ships 12+ hours late and looking for a room before they start a long drive home. Even if it's a pain to get through the boarding process, and it's nothing more than a floating hotel for the night, at least by boarding you know you're guaranteed a spot, and it's already paid for!:)

Me too!! We did get a room and shortly after we got the call saying that unless things change we will be boarding. I know that it's money that we probably didn't need to spend but we have somewhere dry and warm to hang (all 6 of us) and watch basketball and use the internet or what ever.

Can't wait to be onboard :D

DH and I just discussed this, and our vote would be to board tonight, regardless of what time. I think it's going to be a zoo in Galveston with people boarding the Magic tomorrow looking for rooms, people boarding the Triumph tomorrow who have reservations, and now people disembarking two ships 12+ hours late and looking for a room before they start a long drive home. Even if it's a pain to get through the boarding process, and it's nothing more than a floating hotel for the night, at least by boarding you know you're guaranteed a spot, and it's already paid for!:)

Everyone may want to plan getting onboard tonight. If they say all passengers on board by midnight, I would hate that to mean sailaway before am and people missing the ship after all this.

Just sayin.

Erika

Everyone may want to plan getting onboard tonight. If they say all passengers on board by midnight, I would hate that to mean sailaway before am and people missing the ship after all this.

Just sayin.

Erika

ABSOLUTELY!!! The reason for my post was RCI is handling it by boarding tonight, and CCL is going to delay embarkation until tomorrow morning. We were discussing which we would prefer.

ABC news is just covering the spill and mentioned the cruise ships and "passengers stranded at sea" those bozos:rolleyes:

Boy these new cameras at Galveston are the berries!

The media need to be muzzled until they can get the facts straight:mad:

One TV reporter said the barge was carry 160,000 gallons of oil! All she needed to do was ask the Coast Guard standing near her to find out the barge was carrying 960,00 and that one tank held 160,000 gallons,

All they want is sensationalism, to heck with the facts:rolleyes:

Just sayin.

Erika

Yep... we are heading that way just as soon as we hear that we can. :D I hope that everyone does! I would hate for anyone to be left.

Just off NOS. Great cruise. Everything was open on board today. Even had a show this afternoon. Chef just told us buffet will be open from 10-1 for incoming passengers.

Went thru a lot of oil coming in.

Sent from my DROID RAZR using Forums mobile app

And during all this the Carnival Princess still sits at the dock since they were to have left Saturday night.

WoW. I did not realize that. :(

I hope all of this is cleared up before our departure next weekend.

FINAL UPDATE

CARNIVAL MAGIC

March 23, 2014

March 23, 2014

Good evening folks,

As I promised, I wanted to provide you with a final update on the Carnival Magic's arrival into Galveston and our embarkation plans for tomorrow.

The Carnival Magic was able to dock at approximately 6:00 PM (CDT). As a result of additional document screening measures implemented by Customs and Border Protection for cruises returning from Belize, the Carnival Magic's debarkation process is expected to run for about 5 hours. Unfortunately, since check-in would then take place at a very late hour (up to 2:00 AM), we've made the decision to embark guests on Monday, for your comfort and convenience.

Check-in for your cruise is now scheduled between 8:00 AM to 11:00 AM, and we will sail shortly thereafter.

As previously communicated, we will now operate a 6-day cruise visiting Grand Cayman on Thursday and Cozumel on Friday. I'm sorry to say, we are forced to cancel our call into Montego Bay since the cruise was shortened.

Below is the revised itinerary:

DAY PORT ARRIVE DEPART

Tue Fun Day @ Sea

Wed Fun Day @ Sea

Thu Grand Cayman, Cayman Islands 7:00 AM 4:00 PM

Fri Cozumel, Mexico 10:00 AM 4:00 PM

Sat Fun Day @ Sea

Sun Galveston, Texas 8:00 AM

We realize this is an unexpected change and sincerely apologize for this disruption to your travel plans. We hope you will continue with your plans to sail with us. Given the shortened duration, you will receive the following:

• One-day pro-rated refund of your cruise fare (refunded within the next 2 weeks)

• Refund of the taxes, fees, and port expenses for Montego Bay

• Automatic refund of pre-purchased shore excursions for Montego Bay

• Gratuity adjustment to reflect the shortened voyage

In the event you wish to cancel or reschedule, please contact 1800 CARNIVAL to request your refund or future cruise credit. We're sorry but refunds will not be provided for flight changes, hotel accommodations, meals, transfers or other incidental costs resulting from this delay.

Once again, we're very sorry for the unexpected change in plans and thank you for your understanding.

Our entire team is looking forward to welcoming you on board tomorrow! See you soon!

Sincerely,

Just off NOS. Great cruise. Everything was open on board today. Even had a show this afternoon. Chef just told us buffet will be open from 10-1 for incoming passengers.

Went thru a lot of oil coming in.

Sent from my DROID RAZR using Forums mobile app

So it was alot huh any video? Photos so I assume now they will want to finish clean up before u depart again

Sent from my phone using Tapatalk 2- Please excuse any errors.

Well if any port had to be canceled, Jamaica would be my pick:rolleyes:

I agree, and it sounds like Carnival is handling this well. I'm glad to read the explanation for the decision not to embark tonight the way Navigator is. Coming in from Belize is always a challenge (so is being there ;))

I hope both ships are able to get out according to their new plans! Feeling sad for the folks on Princess :(