*** The Galveston, Texas "Cruise Cam" Watch Group ***

Just read that Princess passengers are getting 100% refund and a 25% credit towards a future cruise. They may or may not be able to leave tomorrow. If not, they can leave the ship and explore Houston and basically use the ship as a hotel, and possibly sail the next day. They can also leave the ship and go home, and still get the same refund/credit. If they leave tomorrow, they get one port day. If they leave Tuesday, it's a cruise to nowhere.

Only difference I've seen - they check your passport and ask you a few questions

Sent from my DROID RAZR using Forums mobile app

When did this begin? I was just in Belize four weeks ago on Carnival Freedom and wasn't required to do anything special.

Can someone Please explain what the new screening procedures for cruises visiting Belize. I read something about additional documentation. What documentation do they need?

Just got off the Navigator's 3/9 sailing. We were not required to bring any documentation in Belize. I was surprised that this trip they did not even check picture ID along with Set Sail Pass when boarding the ship at any ports.

Sent from my iPad using Forums mobile app

Just got off the Navigator's 3/9 sailing. We were not required to bring any documentation in Belize. I was surprised that this trip they did not even check picture ID along with Set Sail Pass when boarding the ship at any ports.

Just saw the letter you referred to in a previous post. Customs did not ask us about anything regarding Belize, just the standard passport or birth certificate check when leaving the ship.

I think the cruise ship undergoes a more thorough inspection which takes more turnaround time and I think its also Honduras that gets extra scrutiny. Nothing the passengers would notice other than a delay in boarding the next cruise. But I may be wrong.

Sent from my iPhone using Forums mobile app

Good morning all any updates on port closed this morning most all tv and radio on my way to work was talking about it. Nothing about adventure stuck in san juan thou. I hope communication is better today for all of you effected by this.

Sent from my phone using Tapatalk 2- Please excuse any errors.

Wow BOTH still here! What gives, guess they really closed the port....

The ports have been closed since Saturday.

Even the Bolivar ferry is not operating with the exception of an emergency (EMS).

The USCG is who will authorize what ships and when they can enter or leave the channel.

This is a major environmental disaster, with the north wind not helping, as the bunker oil has entered the Gulf. The oil is washing up on shores where there huge nesting areas for migratory birds.

Mary, can you believe the cr4p they're slingin over on the Carni board?:rolleyes: What a bunch of idiots!

BTW, I was being sarcastic in my prev. post.

I agree with you:D What does that tell you about Carnival?

It is like they believe this is deliberate!

Sorry, didn't take it as tongue in cheek:o

So, when are we sailing together again?

Well that guy from Massachusetts is just clueless and is talkin all smack!:rolleyes:

We've got one more Next Cruise and this time it has to be whomever is in Galv. 2015 late. Probably during Sept. my favorite time to cruise, kids in school, weather great even with Hurricane season, we've cruised many Sept. and never had an issue. So I guess Liberty is next hopefully, I'd like to be on her again.:D Been watching to see where she's going, but nothing after April.

My money is on Nov. 2015 for her arrival into Galv. That gives them time to do the improvements right?

Muster drill at 10am. Captain stated we must be inspected to ensure no oil on the sides before we can leave port. Then , if channel is open enough to let us leave, we depart and then anchor offshore outside the channel to be reinspected and decontaminated if any oil is on the side of the ship. Only then can we leave. Spirits are good onboard. Everyone is just going with the flow and happy to be onboard.

Sent from my DROID RAZR using Tapatalk

Even the Bolivar ferry is not operating with the exception of an emergency (EMS).

The USCG is who will authorize what ships and when they can enter or leave the channel.

This is a major environmental disaster, with the north wind not helping, as the bunker oil has entered the Gulf. The oil is washing up on shores where there huge nesting areas for migratory birds.

Have you been over to the shoreline to see if much oil has made it around the booms? Never could understand why booms did not appear to be deployed until Sunday (according to the know it all new stations we have serving our area). With all the spill response stuff right here one would have expected it to have been double boomed within hours...

Also when I looked at Vessel Finder it showed the main response vessel at the dock on Saturday evening...didn't see them offshore until Sunday.

The North wind helps a bit keeping less oil spreading all over the small islands inside the bay, but I suppose if blown far enough it will spread oil all over the anchored boats in Bolivar Roads, which may be few at this point since that is to be temp anchorage.

Agree the spill is a terrible mess for anyone who likes seafood or using the bay for recreation.

Anybody who's complaining about the way Royal Caribbean, Carnival, or Princess have handled this needs to do a little reading, look at some pictures, and put things in perspective. The cruise lines are doing the best they can with the hand they were dealt. Is their response perfect? Probably not, but this isn't a minor thing -- it's a major environmental and economic hit for the whole region. Vacation is important, but there are other things that have to take precedence right now.

Mary, can you believe the cr4p they're slingin over on the Carni board?:rolleyes: What a bunch of idiots!

Well that guy from Massachusetts is just clueless and is talkin all smack!:rolleyes:

Between him and "Susiecruisey", wow... :rolleyes:

BTW, I was being sarcastic in my prev. post.

Just read their "stickies" to get an idea of their boards...

anybody who's complaining about the way royal caribbean, carnival, or princess have handled this needs to do a little reading, look at some pictures, and put things in perspective. The cruise lines are doing the best they can with the hand they were dealt. Is their response perfect? Probably not, but this isn't a minor thing -- it's a major environmental and economic hit for the whole region. Vacation is important, but there are other things that have to take precedence right now.

exactly!!!!!!!!!

We've got one more Next Cruise and this time it has to be whomever is in Galv. 2015 late. Probably during Sept. my favorite time to cruise, kids in school, weather great even with Hurricane season, we've cruised many Sept. and never had an issue. So I guess Liberty is next hopefully, I'd like to be on her again.:D Been watching to see where she's going, but nothing after April.

My money is on Nov. 2015 for her arrival into Galv. That gives them time to do the improvements right?

Liberty shows up on the Grand Cayman calender starting May 20, nothing before then. Still, unless they change her itinerary and keep her in FL for the summer, it's a good sign she'll be here in May 2015. I will probably sail on the NV next year before she leaves.

I'm also subscribed to the Carnival thread. :eek:

Sent from my SGH-M919 using Tapatalk

You know I keep thinking why they won't let the ships go because there may be oil on the sides of the vessel, but Carla said they came through lots of oil out beyond the channel??? If it's already out there, what difference could it make if the ship has some on it?:confused:

Edited by BecciBoo