*** The Galveston, Texas "Cruise Cam" Watch Group ***

From the Triumph's cam you can see the Magic & the Navigator. Interesting. She appears to be along side a dock... Wonder if they are disembarking there??

Sent from my iPhone using Forums mobile app

http://www.vesselfinder.com/?imo=9138850

you can see all 3 ships docked on this site. Just zoom out one time and you'll see them. Sure hope they get to start their vacation soon. It's a sad situation all around.

Edited by Dlobreh1

Captain just announced:

1) Roatan is not going to happen,

2) still working with Coast Guard for port opening, and

3) 7 pm is probably the earliest we can leave.

Just chilling...

But it looks like its getting foggy? You can hardly see the ships on the Emerald Cam. What rotten luck. I feel bad for them all round. :eek:

http://www.galveston.com/emeraldvideocam/

Have you been over to the shoreline to see if much oil has made it around the booms? Never could understand why booms did not appear to be deployed until Sunday (according to the know it all new stations we have serving our area). With all the spill response stuff right here one would have expected it to have been double boomed within hours...

Agree the spill is a terrible mess for anyone who likes seafood or using the bay for recreation.

Will go sometime this afternoon. Did go to the bank downtown about 30 minutes ago and the ships are still docked. Triumph is at one of the commercial docks waiting for Magic to leave to re-dock.

None will leave until USCG releases them.

Awakened this morning at 6am by the noise of helicopters and low flying planes. Assume they were on their way to do a flyover of the area.

Not sure when the booms were put in place, but I would venture to guess it took several hours to get equipment, manpower etc. together then moved to the area. I would assume most of the equipment was in the Houston area near the ship channel.

Did questions why they would not put the booms from the island across to Bolivar to contain on this side of the Gulf. The ferry service ceased almost immediately. But, as I am not in that industry, don't have an answer.

Will go to Katie's later this afternoon to pick up some fresh fish(?), or whatever they have available. Do know they are not taking catches from fisherman at the present time due to potential contamination.

Triumph has moved from her dock to behind Navigator - and the pilot ship was at Carnival - shouldn't be long before everyone is out.

Are we sure Magic is really leaving? Another possibility is jockey the two CCL ships - switch positions - to allow Triumph's passengers to disembark...

Edited by LetsGetWet!

Are we sure Magic is really leaving? Another possibility is jockey the two CCL ships - switch positions - to allow Triumph's passengers to disembark...

I have a gut feeling it's just shifting them to allow triumph to debark.

The Magic is leaving! I hope the Navigator is next!

They just swapped docks with the Triumph. Per someone on board, they were switching to finish cleaning oil from the ship. At least now the Triumph passengers can disembark

I think you're right. The Magic only moved a little.. They are stopped just a short way out from the dock.

They stopped Magic at the same dock Triumph was sitting out; guess they aren't going out of the harbor, just trying to probably get Triumph disembarked and ready to board again in anticipation of getting to leave. Aww - sure hope they can get out tonight.

But it looks like its getting foggy? You can hardly see the ships on the Emerald Cam. What rotten luck. I feel bad for them all round. :eek:

http://www.galveston.com/emeraldvideocam/

Just got back from pier 19, no fog, just gray and overcast. Magic was moving, but I believe that was to allow the Triumph to dock and disembark passengers.

News people everywhere along the pier.

Will drive down to East end flats later.

Hey Dave, they can fish can't they? We dove those rigs before, some of the best eatin is down there, we spearfished for all kinds of yummy good fish beneath the rig back in the day.;).

Yes...in fact some of the folks I worked with got a visit from F&G officials at the heliport one trip home because they apparently were landing too much of their catch without a valid LA license...oops! Thankfully I was not flying in with them so I didn't have to see that scene.

For most after 12 hours of hard work fishing can be fun, but not if the fish were needed to feed everyone. Also depends size of crew etc...how things go.

Exxon company man borrowed one person's rod and went to cast and the whole rod went to the bottom 3226' below. Within 24 hours a new rod was at the rig, having been hot shot delivered to Heliport and flown out...to replace the one that went over the side.

Never been on a rig dive, maybe one of these days I will do so. I tend to stay away from underside if not part of the rig crew. (Various reasons...)

Just got back from pier 19, no fog, just gray and overcast. Magic was moving, but I believe that was to allow the Triumph to dock and disembark passengers.

News people everywhere along the pier.

Will drive down to East end flats later.

Perhaps someone will want to sell their condo after this mess...and we can pick up a nicer one than we planned to buy.

How is tourism this week? I assume less since much of Spring Break around area is over...with yucky weather and oil on East Beach not a good time to be there as a tourist.

OMG looks like you were right!!!!!!:(

Well at least it gets the Triumph passengers off the ship. As I mentioned there were happy sounds as she went by.

Hopefully starting around 7 we'll all be able to move on.

Perhaps someone will want to sell their condo after this mess...and we can pick up a nicer one than we planned to buy.

How is tourism this week? I assume less since much of Spring Break around area is over...with yucky weather and oil on East Beach not a good time to be there as a tourist.

Living here, one avoids ALL the tourist areas. We know all the back roads.

Never, ever go to Kroger on Friday, Saturday or Sunday:p

East beach is currently closed.

Driving back from Katie's, behind someone from out of town trying to turn left on Broadway from 33rd going east:rolleyes: What an idiot - one is supposed to cross over the esplanade to turn, but he insisted on cutting in front of the oncoming vehicle also turning left on Broadway to go west:eek:

Living here, one avoids ALL the tourist areas. We know all the back roads.

Never, ever go to Kroger on Friday, Saturday or Sunday:p

East beach is currently closed.

Driving back from Katie's, behind someone from out of town trying to turn left on Broadway from 33rd going east:rolleyes: What an idiot - one is supposed to cross over the esplanade to turn, but he insisted on cutting in front of the oncoming vehicle also turning left on Broadway to go west:eek:

Maybe I am wrong...thinking I'd cycle as much as possible around the isle...except of course going shopping for heavy loads of groceries etc...

Wonder how the service yards over on Pelican are doing with the things that are needed offshore but stuck in the yard. Maybe the shallower draft osv's can go West and up the ICW to Pelican instead?