*** The Galveston, Texas "Cruise Cam" Watch Group ***

I'm also subscribed to the Carnival thread. :eek:

Don't want to make anyone mad, but some people who live 2000 miles away and do not know anything about the subject and just flap their jaws is a pet peeve with me! "No other ports have fog"...what a lame comment that was! The entire ocean has fog at one time or another. Galveston's location and Texas' weather just gives her a little more, that's all. Duh!:cool:

Been studying the photos from Houston Chronicle along with Google maps and there is already oil at the entrance to the port channel and beyond in the Gulf proper...so how is keeping the ships in the channel going to help that, it's already out there!

Also, my sympathies to all Galveston residents...this is going to be a tough summer season...:( I wonder what the Anahuac sanctuary looks like, with a north wind blowing south/southeast, a lot of it should go right into the santuary:(

Edited by BecciBoo

Between him and "Susiecruisey", wow... :rolleyes:

I haven't had the "pleasure" of reading any of the Massachusetts guy's drivel, but Susiecruisey's comments about insurance and compensation are ridiculous.:rolleyes:

I just checked the Carnival thread for the first time today. Apparently someone took offense at my comments to Susiecruisey about personal responsibility.:o

Edited by Cindy

Just ignore those making the foolish and idiotic posts. Don't add fuel to their fire and give them reason to continue making stupid comments. If you ignore them, chances are they'll shut up.

please-dont-feed-the-trolls_o_574238.jpg

Edited by stobe1

Been studying the photos from Houston Chronicle along with Google maps and there is already oil at the entrance to the port channel and beyond in the Gulf proper...so how is keeping the ships in the channel going to help that, it's already out there!

Also, my sympathies to all Galveston residents...this is going to be a tough summer season...:( I wonder what the Anahuac sanctuary looks like, with a north wind blowing south/southeast, a lot of it should go right into the santuary:(

Assume the booms are deployed they'd be either moved or sailed right thru...either way a new path for more oil to flow out. Also, unless the hull is scrubbed clean the ships would be spreading the pollution.

What has not been mentioned is all the oil field stuff stuck at Pelican Island not getting out to rigs and platforms...that can create some issues...especially if food is involved...hungry crews out there = not good.

Has Navigator made it out yet?

This is one of the times where having cruise insurance would pay for meals/hotels/etc. due to the delays encountered. We are scheduled to leave next Sunday on Navigator and hope the area is cleaned up by then. Of course the shore will take much longer than the water and cause more economic problems for the area.

Has Navigator made it out yet?

This is one of the times where having cruise insurance would pay for meals/hotels/etc. due to the delays encountered. We are scheduled to leave next Sunday on Navigator and hope the area is cleaned up by then. Of course the shore will take much longer than the water and cause more economic problems for the area.

Not completely true. I called my insurance company and because its not an act of nature it may not be covered. It would all go on a case by case basis. It is considered man made accident not wether ect.

I called to see if it would be covered. We don't sail till this weekend but I was wondering what this would be.

Edited by Susiecruisey

Just ignore those making the foolish and idiotic posts. Don't add fuel to their fire and give them reason to continue making stupid comments. If you ignore them, chances are they'll shut up.

Cruise Critic needs a "like" button :)

How much could be clinging to the ships? Surely more just in the water already is my point.

They could deploy helicopter deliveries:o

Becci, someone on the Navigator roll call reported that they will have to be inspected for oil/decontaminated before they leave, and then again after they get out of port. I think the last thing anyone wants is for this spill to be spread by ships and impact a greater area than it already is.

How much could be clinging to the ships? Surely more just in the water already is my point.

They could deploy helicopter deliveries:o

If food really ran out on one of the rigs, they would fly some out. I hear Dominos Delivers...LOL

Way back when...like 20 years ago, after a successful well in deep water (which is no longer considered really deep for where they drill) we had a super seafood feast to celebrate the good well...all the seafood was flown out by helicopter to ensure freshness. I hear each celebration, one for our crew and one 2 weeks later for the other crew, cost around $10K or somewhere like $125 per person and that was without any booze.

As for the oil the ships push so much water as they move it would push the oil outside the containment zone which is what they don't want.

I haven't had the "pleasure" of reading any of the Massachusetts guy's drivel, but Susiecruisey's comments about insurance and compensation are ridiculous.:rolleyes:

I just checked the Carnival thread for the first time today. Apparently someone took offense at my comments to Susiecruisey about personal responsibility.:o

Well, you and I both commented about that, along with a few others, so it wasn't just you... ;)

Becci, someone on the Navigator roll call reported that they will have to be inspected for oil/decontaminated before they leave, and then again after they get out of port. I think the last thing anyone wants is for this spill to be spread by ships and impact a greater area than it already is.

Of course not, but my contention is that I didn't see any black on the hulls yesterday and it's already out past the booms. I wonder if any passengers have noted any cleaning on the hulls this morning? Sure wish LoneStar would post.

Hey Dave, they can fish can't they? We dove those rigs before, some of the best eatin is down there, we spearfished for all kinds of yummy good fish beneath the rig back in the day.;).

Edited by BecciBoo

Of course not, but my contention is that I didn't see any black on the hulls yesterday and it's already out past the booms. I wonder if any passengers have noted any cleaning on the hulls this morning? Sure wish LoneStar would post.

About 30 minutes ago in the Roll Call thread:

no word when or if we leave. Seeing oil sheen on the water by the ship so it isn't looking good for immediate departure.

Currently on board, and I haven't seen any activity of the hull being cleaned. There were two flat small barges going by about 10 minutes ago which I had my fingers crossed were here to do the "cleaning". However, they have moved on past us.

Barbara

Guilty!:o I thought they looked hungry!:rolleyes:

Currently on board, and I haven't seen any activity of the hull being cleaned. There were two flat small barges going by about 10 minutes ago which I had my fingers crossed were here to do the "cleaning". However, they have moved on past us.

Barbara

Plz keep us posted Barbara. Sorry to hear that this has impacted your cruise. We leave out next weekend and are watching the cams and monitoring this forum. Keep your head up and try to enjoy the rest of the vacation.

Edited by WilsonFamilyNRH

And don't forget about the ship nightmare RC is dealing with in San Juan right now. That ship (AOS) is broken and passengers are onboard wondering if they will leave the terminal too. They're not getting proper communication either. Both situations must be overwhelming RCI at the moment.

I hope you guys get on your way soon!!

Royal~FreedomOfTheSeas 2014

Carnival Glory 2012

Disney Magic 2011

Carnival Triumph 2010

Carnival Victory 2009

Disney Magic 2008

Carnival Inspiration 2008

Carnival Victory 2007

Carnival Triumph 2002

Hotel Galvez has posted the current oil spill activities on it face book page. As in beach closures, where they are seeing oil on the beaches & where they expect to see it. Also the AP has an article with info from the Coast Guard. So very sad. All the wildlife that is & will be effected.

Sent from my iPhone using Forums mobile app

Captain just announced:

1) Roatan is not going to happen,

2) still working with Coast Guard for port opening, and

3) 7 pm is probably the earliest we can leave.

Just chilling...

Thanks for update

Sent from my phone using Tapatalk 2- Please excuse any errors.