*** The Galveston, Texas "Cruise Cam" Watch Group ***

Looks like Magic is following Navigator in from Magic webcam.

WOW! Carnival Magic told people that they wouldn't embark until Monday... those poor people... how confusing! What a nightmare. SO glad we only had to deal with fog on our Feb 5th Navigator sailing.

WOW! Carnival Magic told people that they wouldn't embark until Monday... those poor people... how confusing! What a nightmare. SO glad we only had to deal with fog on our Feb 5th Navigator sailing.

They aren't. ebyqa8yn.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

So what if u already got a hotel are at dinner not checking status till tommorow thinking u are sailing then to find out your ship is gone and left....I hope they are watching. ..

Sent from my phone using Tapatalk 2- Please excuse any errors.

I hope no one is in the same position we were in last week... Here's how our cruise ended...

After going to bed on our last night after 1 am (VACATION!!!), our son jumped off the bunk at 3:45 and puked all over the floor... We called the front desk to let them know... Full expecting attendants in white space suits to rush to our room and lock us down... Nope. After 3 calls, an attendant finally came after about an hour with a towel... He was great, but underprepared. He called in backup with a carpet cleaner... The atrocious smell seemed to go away... But was back an hour later... We asked for them to come back, but never had anyone come back... Other than our fantastic room attendant... Who tried to help... We stayed in the room until we left and dealt with the smell... I can't believe they didn't more... Heck, I was getting off the ship, but expected... After their hand sanitizing brigade being out all week, that they would want us off ASAP. nope... Not even an earlier time was offered... Told us to keep our door OPEN to reduce the smell... And to wait.. We were free to go down to studio b and wait with our group as well... Our choice... ARE YOU KIDDING??? My kid keeps throwing up... And they say we are fine to go down to studio b to hang out???? In short, if you are in cabin 8439 this week, on behalf of my 8 year old, I apologize for the smell in your cabin... If you get sick on the ship this week, my son was probably close to ground zero . The only extra help we got was from a very kind woman running the line for customs... My wife explained that our son was sick.. That we waited in the line the whole way to the baggage area... And still getting sick... She very appropriately cleared the way for us to get the heck out of the building...

Edited by Cruise2014Fanatic

[QU OTE=stewpapa;42163039]To me it sounds like Magic will unload tonight and board tomorrow still. Noone has said otherwise that I've seen.

Sent from my iPhone using Forums mobile app

Does sound like the plan. Fully expect that just because ships load up the will have to wait for channel to be open before they can sail. Allowing them in probably in part to let folks try to get home not so much about outgoing pax.

Haha why don't they ever report on the "passengers stranded in the line outside the cruise terminal"? That's much worse than being "stranded at sea" during a fog (or oil) delay. Media Morons.

Sent from my iPhone using Forums mobile app

ABC news is just covering the spill and mentioned the cruise ships and "passengers stranded at sea" those bozos:rolleyes:

Boy these new cameras at Galveston are the berries!

Yeah I thought same thing then they did live shot from Galveston and didn't pan a bit to show NOTS backing in....seriously poor reporting.

Wonder what Magic's problem is...she has a tug in back pulling on a tow line???:confused:

28i575e.jpg

Maybe she has an Azapod problem and that is contributing to the late departure tomorrow??? Not that I want any rumors started...just a silly question!

Edited by BecciBoo

Wonder what Magic's problem is...she has a tug in back pulling on a tow line???:confused:

28i575e.jpg

Maybe she has an Azapod problem and that is contributing to the late departure tomorrow??? Not that I want any rumors started...just a silly question!

I was wondering that myself ....

This has all be really interesting to watch. I hope everyone gets off/on the ships without too many more problems and can have a nice trip home/nice cruise.

This also has me wondering a little. Next year, I'm hoping to do (sort of) back to back cruises on the Navigator OTS, and the Emerald Princess. Both have Sunday departures. I wonder if there are any advantages/disadvantages to doing the Galveston cruise first, then driving up to Houston for the second. This is the way I'm tentatively planning it.

DH and I just discussed this, and our vote would be to board tonight, regardless of what time. I think it's going to be a zoo in Galveston with people boarding the Magic tomorrow looking for rooms, people boarding the Triumph tomorrow who have reservations, and now people disembarking two ships 12+ hours late and looking for a room before they start a long drive home. Even if it's a pain to get through the boarding process, and it's nothing more than a floating hotel for the night, at least by boarding you know you're guaranteed a spot, and it's already paid for!:)